ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Accountant has become extortionist.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

My Accountant has become extortionist.

Post by Evicra » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 pm

dear all please advise.

my Tier 1 application is in process i applied ext in july 2017 but no reply from home office yet.
agreemtn betweem me and my accounant was that i will pay him 1800£ a year and he will look after my company accounts . he charged me sepratly £1000 for finalising my accounts before extension application.
then there came a point when i had to pay £400 penality to pension regualators because i did not open pension acounts for my employees. i went back again to my account . he said i will charge £400 for this service. i agreed and paid.

then came a point when i hired two more staff. on their first payslip he told me ,to enroll them in my company pension scheme he will charge £50 each . i requested him to give me my penstion Scheme Nest login details i will manage it myself but he did not give me any login details ..
now

i just got this message a while ago from my accounant and i felt like this is too much i am alreay in kinda dipression for not getting any reply and now this extorstion. he message is below

"That could be gift free but not ** fees.
From this April 2018, as per your work appropriate monthly fees £175 (£2,100 annually \ 12 Months).
Workplace Pension also cost you £325.
Otherwise we both free from now.
Please send me bank statements JAN18 - MAR18 for finalising the VAT. Annual accounts also to be file at end of this month."

Qs
1. what should i do in this situation while my ext application is underprocess in homeoffice.
2. if i decide to switch my accountant (which most probably i will) can that have any adverse effect on my T1 ext application
3. what steps should i take to have a safe exit from all this mess please.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Re: My Accountant has become extortionist.

Post by heyaheya » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Omg this is way tooo toooo much money.. this is unacceptable... he is taking advantage of ur ur situation.. pllzz pllzzz leave him asap. Where are u based in uk? Thr are plenty of nice accountant. This is exploitation. Dont let him do this to u . Dont fight with him or arguemnt jus tell him ur getting good discount at other place. Your new accountant willl write to ur current accountant and he has to send all documentation professionally. It will be smooth transition for u inshallah . Good luck for evything.

ssb27

Post by ssb27 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:39 pm

OMG. the guy is really extorting you. Wow, get a new accountant quick. The monthly fee is way too high, you are paying twice the amount another accountant will charge you for doing the same work

Responses:
1. Look for a new accountant
2. No it wouldn't, just make sure you collect any outstanding documents to do with your company. Infact when you get a new accountant, he/she will tell you what docs you need to request from the old accountant. I introduced a friend of mine to my accountant and it was a smooth transition
3. It should not be that complicated, same step as (2), just make sure you find a new accountant, are comfortable with him/her before leaving the old accountant, incase HO request a document urgently

Goodluck :)

nali78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nali78 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:39 am

You need to ask any friends that how much they paying to thier accountant, you paying heavily fees I think 4 time extra. Change your accountant ASAP and get another one where do you live in Uk ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:45 am

Please, don't anyone even think of recommending a particular Accountant on the open forum. It's against the Boards Ts&Cs. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

natsha
United States of America

Post by natsha » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:19 am

I think he playing with you,

A lot of good accountants available and very good price just do a search on east London side because of some T&C I would not allow naming but I mention you area good account.

My turn over 100k+ Vat+ pension+ 10 staff payroll+ anytime I will call them I need this documents etc etc etc
They always help me just 90£ per.month.

So please do some reason online and get a good accountant

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:04 am

Changing your accountant will have no adverse impact on your application.
The only interaction HO will have with your accountant (if they ever do) will be to confirm that they did certify the accounts. And irrespective of whether your contract with them continues, they have to reply.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:20 am

thank you very much for your valuable input . much obliged .
1. actually was paying him monthly 125 . that makes it 1500£pa. my miscalculation on that
2.i didnt pay him 1000£ separately . it was 500£ . £1800 and 1000£ were prices that accountant asked for his services then i negotiated it. . just wanted to update on my mistakes.
Heyaheya i live in west London.

Marchnath i dont need to inform Home office if i changed my accountant yes ?
natsha your reply was very helpful thank you i will do as guided

thank you all once again.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:30 am

Evicra wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:20 am
thank you very much for your valuable input . much obliged .
1. actually was paying him monthly 125 . that makes it 1500£pa. my miscalculation on that
2.i didnt pay him 1000£ separately . it was 500£ . £1800 and 1000£ were prices that accountant asked for his services then i negotiated it. . just wanted to update on my mistakes.
Heyaheya i live in west London.

Marchnath i dont need to inform Home office if i changed my accountant yes ?
natsha your reply was very helpful thank you i will do as guided

thank you all once again.
No need to inform HO
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.