ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric & JCAP appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SK engineering

Biometric & JCAP appointment

Post by SK engineering » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Dear Readers
I got JCAP appointment on 23rd of April & I will be eligible to apply for citizenship online after 20th of April as I got my indefinite on 20th of April 2017.
My question does biometric have to be done before I submit my docs through council? I don't think I would have enough time though it's produced on the same day!

Regards

shaneb
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Biometric & JCAP appointment

Post by shaneb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 pm

Yeah it has to be done.

You could have it done on the 21st, check with the post office you are planning on going to

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:44 pm

That is not correct. Biometrics is not done before you submit an application with NCS. It is generated after you submit an application.
You can go to post office after your NCS appointment if you made an online application.
If you made a paper application, you wait for HO to send you the biometric paperwork to take to the post office

SK engineering

Post by SK engineering » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Shaneb

I had a thought of Hstepper07, normally when we do finger print with the paper letter sent by post from UKVI, we don't send any paperwork back for the proof it's done. In this case do we have to send the copy of the finger print receipt along with other docs?

I had in mind to go for the appointment in the morning to certify & get the finger print done in the afternoon.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:49 pm

SK engineering wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:41 pm
Shaneb

I had a thought of Hstepper07, normally when we do finger print with the paper letter sent by post from UKVI, we don't send any paperwork back for the proof it's done. In this case do we have to send the copy of the finger print receipt along with other docs?

I had in mind to go for the appointment in the morning to certify & get the finger print done in the afternoon.
No you don't. They will just scan the barcode and take ur print at the post office