ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

visioncare1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by visioncare1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:32 pm

My Job Title is : Senior Software Developer

visioncare1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by visioncare1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:33 pm

krishpa wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:14 pm
what is your Job title? so can clarify that I assume you may fall under 33 points.
My Job Title : Senior Software Developer

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:53 pm

visioncare1 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:33 pm
krishpa wrote:
what is your Job title? so can clarify that I assume you may fall under 33 points.
yeap that would be 33 points!
fingers crossed.

Aelzayaty
Egypt

Post by Aelzayaty » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:47 pm

krishpa wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:53 pm
visioncare1 wrote:
krishpa wrote:
fingers crossed.
Does falling in the shortage occupation category gives extra 130 points?

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Aelzayaty wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:47 pm
krishpa wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:53 pm
visioncare1 wrote:
krishpa wrote:
fingers crossed.
Does falling in the shortage occupation category gives extra 130 points?
no, it depends. not all the SOC's

Help1010
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Help1010 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi All,

Shame that there were no responses today. Could anyone give me an indication of once the CoS is received and we apply for a Tier 2 Visa Priority Service how long would it take to get the visa?

astana
Australia

Post by astana » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am

Hopeful42 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:26 am
astana wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:36 am
To clarify - I know that applying for the certificate right now is stressful and that people who have been waiting for months will feel worried, afraid, uncertain, especially as time goes on

THAT is understandable. What I’m referring to as ‘negativity’ is when people tell others ‘oh you won’t get it this month’ with total certainty.

My opinion is that reassurance and help is what this board is for, not for people to claim what is unknown as fact. That is what I find rude and wish everyone luck as nobody knows anything for sure
This behaviour you're describing is something that was frustrating a lot of us and it was discussed in last month's rcos thread, HOWEVER I've yet to see one post in this thread like that - if anything I've seen a bunch of posts of people reassuring others that are worried that they're a good chance.

With that in mind I'm not really sure what you are trying to achieve by making an account just to come in on the offensive (and frankly pretty rudely) now. It completely contradicts the positive and reassuring vibe you're preaching.

Anyway good luck with your application.

And I forgot to say earlier, good luck to everyone going for their rcos - I sadly couldn't apply for mine this month as my reference checks didn't quite make it back in time post my new RLMT but I'm here following the news with you all :)
With respect, we started the sponsorship process earlier and I have been reading these boards constantly for months and have seen various themes emerge. In the March thread there are even people doing 'estimate' calculations of how many certificates will go through, without any knowledge of the actual HO formula.

Things like that are stressful - and judging by the number of people who post with absolutely no idea of how to even calculate their own points, forward predictions and fake calculations will cause anxiety to people who don't know better.

I am a well read person who has gone through the HO guidance, documents and was involved in putting together my application so far, and I find the tone of some posts here to be blood pressure raising. Yet I still read for the important updates and to keep track of the notification process.

Like I said, we are all in this boat together and it's certainly not "rude" to want a return to calm & rational thinking.

hopeful4000
India

Post by hopeful4000 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:26 am

is my assumption right that the HO is currently reviewing the 50 to 55 group and then if there are still available RCOS - they will go to the 45 to 50 range and then the ones below that? secondly there is no 53 points - it is 50 for anyone from 50000 to 54999 salary? and 45 from all from 45000 to 49999? clarification welcome.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:27 pm

astana wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am
Hopeful42 wrote:
astana wrote:
To clarify - I know that applying for the certificate right now is stressful and that people who have been waiting for months will feel worried, afraid, uncertain, especially as time goes on

THAT is understandable. What I’m referring to as ‘negativity’ is when people tell others ‘oh you won’t get it this month’ with total certainty.

My opinion is that reassurance and help is what this board is for, not for people to claim what is unknown as fact. That is what I find rude and wish everyone luck as nobody knows anything for sure
This behaviour you're describing is something that was frustrating a lot of us and it was discussed in last month's rcos thread, HOWEVER I've yet to see one post in this thread like that - if anything I've seen a bunch of posts of people reassuring others that are worried that they're a good chance.

With that in mind I'm not really sure what you are trying to achieve by making an account just to come in on the offensive (and frankly pretty rudely) now. It completely contradicts the positive and reassuring vibe you're preaching.

And I forgot to say earlier, good luck to everyone going for their rcos - I sadly couldn't apply for mine this month as my reference checks didn't quite make it back in time post my new RLMT but I'm here following the news with you all :)
With respect, we started the sponsorship process earlier and I have been reading these boards constantly for months and have seen various themes emerge. In the March thread there are even people doing 'estimate' calculations of how many certificates will go through, without any knowledge of the actual HO formula.

Things like that are stressful - and judging by the number of people who post with absolutely no idea of how to even calculate their own points, forward predictions and bad quality calculations will cause anxiety to people who don't know better.

I am a well read person who has gone through the HO guidance, documents and was involved in putting together my application so far, and I find the tone of some posts here to be blood pressure raising. Yet I still read for the important updates and to keep track of the notification process.

Like I said, we are all in this boat together and it's certainly not "rude" to want a return to calm & rational thinking.
Obviously I can't tell you what to do, but I know for me personally if I found reading posts on a forum to be "blood pressure rising" then I just wouldn't do it.

This is a public forum with people of all different ages from all around the would with different backgrounds, etc. it's natural that we'll all find certain posts that annoy us. You can't control what is posted.

And please, pointed comments like "judging by the number of people who post with absolutely no idea of how to even calculate their own points" and "people who don't know better" are really unnecessary, and yes, rude.

Jack79
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jack79 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi guys,

This is my first post, have been following over past
few days.

Could any of you please let me know, which of the
below tables to be followed for point calculation.

https://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/personnel/pe ... srequests/

https://www.brookes.ac.uk/services/hr/h ... rship.html

hopeful4000
India

Post by hopeful4000 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:33 pm

the first one with RLMT 20

Jack79
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jack79 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Thank you

Desire2145
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Desire2145 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi guys just a quick question my wife got sponsor NHS offered salary £54801 which consists of (36k as basic salary, 50 % banding and 2500 approx for london) what will be her points in that scenario. Confused will it be 50 or 36.

Thanks in advance

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Desire2145 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 pm
Hi guys just a quick question my wife got sponsor NHS offered salary £54801 which consists of (36k as basic salary, 50 % banding and 2500 approx for london) what will be her points in that scenario. Confused will it be 50 or 36.

Thanks in advance
If her salary is 54,000 + 2,000 additional with London weighting then her score will be 55 points and we have seen people with 55 getting approvals. Just try and check with the HR that they have included her gross salary and not basic salary (which some NHS HR's tend to do) and she should be fine.

hopeful4000
India

Post by hopeful4000 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:35 pm

is it normal to get decisions till a week after the meeting any experiences from earlier months?

Desire2145
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Desire2145 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:42 pm

Plabber_123 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:54 pm
Desire2145 wrote:

Thanks in advance
If her salary is 54,000 + 2,000 additional with London weighting then her score will be 55 points and we have seen people with 55 getting approvals. Just try and check with the HR that they have included her gross salary and not basic salary (which some NHS HR's tend to do) and she should be fine.
Thanks for reply..

Thing is its her total annual including everything is £54801..issue is she gone through consultant and she is not directly in touch with hospital. So not sure about what they have included...

maticskhadka
Mood:
Nepal

Post by maticskhadka » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Guys Is it possible for Employer to directly apply for VISA for Tier 2 General on behalf of Employee (to be) ?

worldlukie
Mood:
Australia

Post by worldlukie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Desire2145 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:42 pm
Plabber_123 wrote:
Desire2145 wrote:

Thanks in advance
Thanks for reply..

Thing is its her total annual including everything is £54801..issue is she gone through consultant and she is not directly in touch with hospital. So not sure about what they have included...

If her complete salary is under £55k as you said it was it’ll be 50 points not 55

Desire2145
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Desire2145 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:44 pm

worldlukie wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:17 pm
Desire2145 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:42 pm
Plabber_123 wrote:
Desire2145 wrote:

Thanks in advance
Thanks for reply..

If her complete salary is under £55k as you said it was it’ll be 50 points not 55
Thanks

astana
Australia

Post by astana » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:51 am

Hopeful42 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:27 pm
astana wrote:
Hopeful42 wrote:
astana wrote:

Things like that are stressful - and judging by the number of people who post with absolutely no idea of how to even calculate their own points, forward predictions and bad quality calculations will cause anxiety to people who don't know better.

Obviously I can't tell you what to do, but I know for me personally if I found reading posts on a forum to be "blood pressure rising" then I just wouldn't do it.

This is a public forum with people of all different ages from all around the would with different backgrounds, etc. it's natural that we'll all find certain posts that annoy us. You can't control what is posted.

And please, pointed comments like "judging by the number of people who post with absolutely no idea of how to even calculate their own points" and "people who don't know better" are really unnecessary, and yes, rude.
We’ll have to agree to disagree - I think your tone right now is rude, actually, and the way people spread misinformation and guesses here seriously to be genuinely distressing, but it sounds like you enjoy it

And yes this is a public forum with a range of people on it so kindly get off my back. Like everyone here I am facing uncertainty about something that is stressful & life changing. You have been convinced of my rudeness since I first posted and guess what, you have too

Kindly stop quote replying to me if what I say is so offensive. Once again, 31 points previously applicant and waiting - good luck to us all

worldlukie
Mood:
Australia

Post by worldlukie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:01 am

Hopeful42 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:27 pm
astana wrote:
Hopeful42 wrote:
astana wrote:

How do you get 31 points I thought it only went in 5s???

ssunny
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ssunny » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:38 am

2136 is a shortage occupation if you either belong to gaming/animation industry or if you have minimum 5 years experience with team leading skills and your sponsor has less than 250 employees & will be sponsoring less than 10 non EU employees. This will give you 130+ points

If not you will have to take the non shortage RLMT route. Hope this helps
krithi1984 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:50 am
Plabber_123 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:15 am
krithi1984 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:57 am
Hi

I am just raise a query to clarify my points since I got rejected in feb 2018 applying with thesoc code 2136. I thought my point is 35 it is very low that's why I got rejected and informed my company not to apply on March since i am having very low points . later Looking at the documents I figured out soc code will get 135 points upfront . If it is true I would succeded in feb itself but I am not .

That's why I want to clarify cos is allocated based on any other criteria that I am not aware of.
And also I need to know what is my actual points , then only I will decide can and apply for May, if I am not succeeded in this month allocation also.

I am very much confused with my points that's why had a thought to clarify with others.
SOC stands for standard occupational classification and not shortage occupation category/code.

Please check the shortage occupation list below and see if your job is on the list.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list

Also from what I have read your CoS application needs to clearly state that it is being applied as a shortage occupation for you to benefit from gaining additional points. If your job is on the shortage occupation list you can ask the person who applied for your CoS whether he/she applied for it as a shortage occupation.

This is what it says for code 2136 for it to be classified as a shortage occupation:
Only the following jobs in this occupation code:

Senior developer employed by a qualifying company, where the job requires a person with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience and demonstrable experience of having led a team.

The following jobs in visual effects and 2D/3D computer animation for the film, television or video games sectors:

software developer
shader writer
games designer
The following jobs in the electronics system industry:
driver developer
embedded communications engineer

Does the above apply to you?
Yes my job role is Senior Crm Software Developer role has been advertised on my company internal external websites and in the job portal as well . I am having 8 years of experience working for my employer past 4 years in a dependant visa now they are ready to sponsor me . But my HR was not releiving how they are applying if I rejected this month then I will defn have a chat with themand figure out whether they are not specifying the information promptly to the HO.

Thanks for your clarification.

ssunny
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ssunny » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:41 am

Priority visa takes 5 days if your application is straightforward ie not been rejected before
Help1010 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:58 pm
Hi All,

Shame that there were no responses today. Could anyone give me an indication of once the CoS is received and we apply for a Tier 2 Visa Priority Service how long would it take to get the visa?

hopeful4000
India

Post by hopeful4000 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:07 pm

as a tense monday arrives best of luck to all hoping for a rapid drop in points all the best to everyone here

maticskhadka
Mood:
Nepal

Post by maticskhadka » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:53 pm

I hope points drop to 21.