ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected application because of English Test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ennadi80
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Rejected application because of English Test

Post by ennadi80 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:45 am

Hello

I have applied for a dependent visa extension for my wife and it was rejected because of the English Test A1 which she had passed in Morocco 2 years ago. The same English Test has been accepted the first time outside the UK and even in the UK when we did the first extension.

We did an appeal and the Court wants us to send a new English test but the Home Office has kept her passport, so we don't know how to pass the test she does not have an ID now!

Is it possible to get back her passport to pass the test? or a certified copy?
Any idea how we can apply again from the UK?

Kind regards

secret.simon

Re: Rejected application because of English Test

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:00 am

ennadi80 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:45 am
I have applied for a dependent visa extension for my wife and it was rejected because of the English Test A1 which she had passed in Morocco 2 years ago.
At extension, an A2 test is required. A1 is not sufficient. Then at ILR, a B1 test is required.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ennadi80
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ennadi80 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:18 am

Yes, but now we can't apply for A2 as we don't have the passport anymore.
Is there any other option?

yahyaa
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by yahyaa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi ennadi80

I am also in a similar situation- my wife needs to do A1 test but can't due to her passport being held at the HO. After speaking with a number of UKVI agents, we've tried 'online document request' (twice) but nothing happened. We also sent a letter to the Sheffield team (as the passport is held there) but didn't hear anything back. We spoke with Trinity College, who refused to accept any copy or certified copy of the passport. So we don't know what to do now... It's so frustrating!

You can call UKVI and see if they can be of any help; although in my case nothing has worked. Please update here if you've got round of the situation.

Regards

Yahya

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:09 pm

ennadi80 wrote:
Hello

I have applied for a dependent visa extension for my wife and it was rejected because of the English Test A1 which she had passed in Morocco 2 years ago. The same English Test has been accepted the first time outside the UK and even in the UK when we did the first extension.

We did an appeal and the Court wants us to send a new English test( show court letter to trinity college i am sure they will let you do it ) but the Home Office has kept her passport, so we don't know how to pass the test she does not have an ID now!

Kind regards
Do good and get reward

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:16 pm

mrsabih wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:09 pm
ennadi80 wrote:
Hello

We did an appeal and the Court wants us to send a new English test( show court letter to trinity college i am sure they will let you do it ) but the Home Office has kept her passport, so we don't know how to pass the test she does not have an ID now!

Kind regards
We did an appeal and the Court wants us to send a new English test( show court letter to trinity college i am sure they will let you do it )
Do good and get reward

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ennadi80
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ennadi80 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 pm

mrsabih wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:16 pm
We did an appeal and the Court wants us to send a new English test( show court letter to trinity college i am sure they will let you do it )
Are you sure we can pass the English Test with the court letter?

ennadi80
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ennadi80 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:45 pm

Do you mean the home office has to return us the passport for the English Test

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:52 am

ennadi80 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 pm
mrsabih wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:16 pm
Are you sure we can pass the English Test with the court letter?
Why not worth trying as this is proof that Ur application is in process call trinity and ask above question
Do good and get reward