ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse - list of Documents required?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

everfor

Naturalisation help - Husband BC & spouse ILR

Post by everfor » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:06 pm

I got my naturalisation 2 year ago, just now my wife has been granted the ILR in 5 years route. Can she apply the naturalisation straightway without one year waiting period. From below point mentioned, now she fall under 3 years residence requirement because of my already holding BC.

Please advise..

If one applicant meets the 5 years residence requirement but the spouse doesn’t, then once the applicant is granted BC (after the citizenship ceremony), the spouse becomes a spouse of BC and can apply for naturalisation under the 3 years residence requirements.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation help - Husband BC & spouse ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Providing your wife meets all the standard requirements, she can apply for BC without waiting 12 months.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

everfor

Post by everfor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:04 pm

sorry Another question, in last one year my wife stayed back in india for 5 months due to pregnancy and recently she delivered baby in UK. Do 5 months comes under exception ? please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:55 am

everfor wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:04 pm
sorry Another question, in last one year my wife stayed back in india for 5 months due to pregnancy and recently she delivered baby in UK. Do 5 months comes under exception ? please advise
No, 'pregnancy' is not an 'exception' to overlook the 'no more than 90 days absence' in the 12 months immediately preceding the application date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

everfor

BC Spouse apply under 3 years rule?

Post by everfor » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Recently got ILR, under 3 year BC spouse rule i am apply it and my husband got his naturalization 3 years ago.
In successful applicant forum list i haven't seen anybody applied under 3 years BC spouse rule.
is there any complication applying under this category? please share your experience.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: BC Spouse apply under 3 years rule?

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:09 pm

None, assuming you are within the permitted absence limit during the 3 year qualifying period and also meet all the standard requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

everfor

Spouse Reference??

Post by everfor » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:47 pm

I am spouse of BC, now i am apply my naturalization. In application, i am using my husband previous working colleague as reference. in the form, 5.2 Say how you know the applicant, they going to write as

"she's known to us as Work colleague wife in <company name> since 2014"

is above statement is acceptable?

And also those reference profession is IT Contractor. Please advise

everfor

Re: Spouse Reference??

Post by everfor » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:35 am

Appreciate your advise please.

everfor

Re: Spouse Reference??

Post by everfor » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Kindly advise...

everfor

Naturalisation application help- Spouse

Post by everfor » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:46 am

I am spouse of BC, now i am apply my naturalization. In application, i am using my husband previous working colleague as reference. in the form, "5.2 Say how you know the applicant", they going to write as

is above statement is acceptable?

And also those reference profession is IT Contractor. Please advise.

And one more thing, i am housewife, not working but i am Director of my husbands Ltd company, drawing monthly around £800 and dividends. In application should i declare as working (director) or house wife?

everfor

Re: Naturalisation application help- Spouse

Post by everfor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Any advise please?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Naturalisation application help- Spouse

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:50 pm

everfor wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:46 am
I am spouse of BC, now i am apply my naturalization. In application, i am using my husband previous working colleague as reference. in the form, "5.2 Say how you know the applicant", they going to write as

is above statement is acceptable? You mean work colleague's wife?
Should not be a problem

And also those reference profession is IT Contractor. Please advise.

And one more thing, i am housewife, not working but i am Director of my husbands Ltd company, drawing monthly around £800 and dividends. In application should i declare as working (director) or house wife? If you are paying tax then state that you are a director in your company

everfor

Urgent help - Life in uk test & Naric paper are missing.

Post by everfor » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:18 pm

Need to apply for naturalization. when i am checking the folder, i am finding only xerox copy of Life in uk test and UK NARIC Certificate. Can't remember, does at time of ILR whether they take original of Life in uk test and Naric document, when ilr is granted? Please confirm..

liewjls
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help - Life in uk test & Naric paper are missing.

Post by liewjls » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:26 pm

When I applied my ILR, they did return my life in UK test.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Urgent help - Life in uk test & Naric paper are missing.

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:07 am

everfor wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:18 pm
Need to apply for naturalization. when i am checking the folder, i am finding only xerox copy of Life in uk test and UK NARIC Certificate. Can't remember, does at time of ILR whether they take original of Life in uk test and Naric document, when ilr is granted? Please confirm..
I have come across members reporting that HO retained their LITUK test cert during ILR application. As you have submitted it once for ILR you can submit your copy and tick the box on the applic form that says you met the requirement for ILR

everfor

referee know the applicant??? help pls

Post by everfor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Please help in this question filling, i am using my husband both ex-colleague referee and they are going to write for me

How does the referee know the applicant?

Can i ask them to write in this way
1st referee

>>Ex-colleague wife worked in xxx company and met in various occasions

2nd referee

>>Ex-colleague wife and living in same area

is above both statements has any concern? Appreciate your help..

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: referee know the applicant??? help pls

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:20 pm

everfor wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:06 pm
Please help in this question filling, i am using my husband both ex-colleague referee and they are going to write for me

How does the referee know the applicant?

Can i ask them to write in this way
1st referee

>>Ex-colleague wife worked in xxx company and met in various occasions

2nd referee

>>Ex-colleague wife and living in same area

is above both statements has any concern? Appreciate your help..
Do you mean your husbands ex colleague or wife of your husbands ex colleague? It is confusing.
Why don't you just keep it simple and write "family friend"

everfor

Proof of living documents help.. urgent

Post by everfor » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:12 pm

After filling online form, in the pdf other document it's asking following documents to be submitted. i am indian and apply under BC spouse category

1.Proof of living in the UK for Mrs xxxxx
2. Mrs xxxxs proof of freedom from
immigration time restrictions
3. Mrs xxx evidence of identity

i am holding professional driving license, council bill, bank statement and utilities bill's. is it sufficient? Please advise

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Proof of living documents help.. urgent

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:29 am

everfor wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:12 pm
After filling online form, in the pdf other document it's asking following documents to be submitted. i am indian and apply under BC spouse category

1.Proof of living in the UK for Mrs xxxxx
all those bills, bank statements, tenancy/ lease agreement, showing living with husband. Also marriage certificate. If have child, show child's birth certificate (not mandatory but strong evidence of genuine marriage).

immigration time restrictions

her BRP shows she has indefinite leave to remain.

3. Mrs xxx evidence of identity
Passport and BRP

i am holding professional driving license, council bill, bank statement and utilities bill's. is it sufficient? Please advise
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Proof of living documents help.. urgent

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:32 am

everfor wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:12 pm

1.Proof of living in the UK for Mrs xxxxx. your current/previous passport as you are a non eea national. Alternative evidence is below
immigration time restriction. Indefinite leave to remain
3. Mrs xxx evidence of identity. passport

See requirements below:

Single Adult Application – Married to a British Citizen (AN Form) - £1282.00 each
Passport/Travel Document to cover past 3 years (if passport or travel document does not cover past 3 years you will require alternative evidence)
Confirmation of Indefinite Leave to Remain or Permanent Residence card if you are an EEA National

Life in UK for all countries
PLUS
- B1 English test from an approved test centre and or any degree taught in English, if done abroad you need to get two covering letters from NARIC UK on 0871 330 7033 (comparability & taught in English medium).
Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (accompanied by an official translation if not in English)
Husband’s/Wife’s British Passport or Naturalisation Certificate
Alternative Evidence for Adult to cover the past 3 years

P60's
Letter from Employer
Letter from College/University (must read ‘attended’ along with confirmation of start & end date)
Statement of Taxes from Inland Revenue
Child/Family Tax Credit Statement
Child Benefit Letter
Jobseekers Allowance Letter (recently dated and confirming the start & end date)
Income Support Letter (recently dated and confirming the start & end date)
Housing Association Letter (recently dated and confirming the start & end date)

everfor

No. of photos - NDRS +JCAP?

Post by everfor » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 pm

i took only 4 photos, is it sufficient for NDRS +JCAP (passport)? Please advise how many required?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: No. of photos - NDRS +JCAP?

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:51 pm

everfor wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 pm
i took only 4 photos, is it sufficient for NDRS +JCAP (passport)? Please advise how many required?
Yes.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 pm

you only need 3.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:26 am

I booked the appointment and in the appointment confirmation email i received they have mentioned 4 identical photos if someone is using NDRS + JCAP.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

everfor

Spouse - list of Documents required?

Post by everfor » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:22 am

I am applying under spouse BC category. Please advise list of document to be submitted?