ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M marriage ceremony question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

souaden12
Newly Registered

FLR M marriage ceremony question

Post by souaden12 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi everyone.

We've already submitted my wife's FLR M aaplication, however I got a question regarding one of the sections of the application that I think we may have had a mistake answering it. The section is:
6.23 What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership?

It was confusing for us at to what answer the question with. We got married in Oman and registered our marriage in a court (notary department). So we decided to answer the question with "Civil ceremony".

However just reading online today I found out that Oman does not have civil marriages, so I'm thinking we should have answered with "Religious ceremony".

Could this oversight cause any issues for the application?

We have supplied both the original marriage certifacte and a translation of it. We submitted the same exact documents for the spouse visa and everything was fine, just cannot remember what type of ceremony we put as the answer at the time.

If it's an issue do I need to contact the HO to explain the oversight?

Thanks