ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion regarding dates to submit application online

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T1EAccelerated

Confusion regarding dates to submit application online

Post by T1EAccelerated » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Hello everyone,

My immigration history is as follows:

Came along with my family in UK on Tier 1 Entrepreneur category in Sep 2012.

Got ILR on 17th may 2017 (through accelerated route)

Family (my wife and children) got ILR in Oct 2017.

I am eligible to apply for naturalisation on 17th May 2018, i wish to use NCS service from my council, so i can keep my originals(passport) with myself in case i need to travel, applying for myself as well as my family (wife and child together on 17th May 2018)

I have booked my application with my local council for 17th May 2018, i have started filling up the form online, now i see the requirements to get the referee signed, i have already filled up details of the referees, i believe the referees will need to sign the form but that can now be done only after i filled up the form and the form can be downloaded only after the payment is done and form can be downloaded, so if i complete my form by 10th May 2018, is it ok if i make the payment on 10th May and attend my appointment for NCS with council on 17th May, will my application submission be considered as of 10th May or 17th May, as i am eligible for applying on 17th May 2018 only.

Secondly, since i am filling up the online form, is there an alternative if i wish to use the paper form to avoid this complication and get the referees signed in advance, with the paper form can i still use the council NCS services so my original documents remains with myself.

Thanks in advance for looking and responding back.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confusion regarding dates to submit application online

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Your spouse won't qualify for citizenship in May if she has not held ILR for 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:21 pm

T1EAccelerated wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:02 pm
Hello everyone,

I am eligible to apply for naturalisation on 17th May 2018, i wish to use NCS service from my council, so i can keep my originals(passport) with myself in case i need to travel, applying for myself as well as my family (wife and child together on 17th May 2018)

I have booked my application with my local council for 17th May 2018, i have started filling up the form online, now i see the requirements to get the referee signed, i have already filled up details of the referees, i believe the referees will need to sign the form but that can now be done only after i filled up the form and the form can be downloaded only after the payment is done and form can be downloaded, so if i complete my form by 10th May 2018, is it ok if i make the payment on 10th May and attend my appointment for NCS with council on 17th May, will my application submission be considered as of 10th May or 17th May, as i am eligible for applying on 17th May 2018 only.

Secondly, since i am filling up the online form, is there an alternative if i wish to use the paper form to avoid this complication and get the referees signed in advance, with the paper form can i still use the council NCS services so my original documents remains with myself.

Apparently someone in the forum said you can download referee page during online application bf you click submit.
Your application starts when you submit and make payment online and not during NDRS appointment.. Maybe you should wait and submit your application before attending NCS appointment to be safe.
Remember your wife and kid are not due for naturalization until October 2018

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:05 pm
Your spouse won't qualify for citizenship in May if she has not held ILR for 12 months.
Thanks for responding back, i was under the impression she would qualify for citizenship as she has been in UK for more than 5 years and she will be able to apply since i am applying for naturalisation, this suggestion was given to me by a very senior solicitor who originally applied the ILR for my wife, could you please reconfirm if y understanding on her eligibility is correct or no.

T1EAccelerated

Post by T1EAccelerated » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:21 pm
T1EAccelerated wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:02 pm
Hello everyone,

Apparently someone in the forum said you can download referee page during online application bf you click submit.
Your application starts when you submit and make payment online and not during NDRS appointment.. Maybe you should wait and submit your application before attending NCS appointment to be safe.
Remember your wife and kid are not due for naturalization until October 2018

Thanks, i will check on the download referee page, in the meantime, i was under the impression that my spouse and kid would qualify as they will then fall under the category of spouse and child of BC and need not wait for a year to apply for naturalisation as their application is dependant on myself.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:49 am

Your spouse doesn't have to wait If you are already British, which you are not.

Each applicant has to meet the requirements individually (there is no "dependent" aspect to citizenship) and the requirement is to have been free from immigration time restrictions (ILR) for a full 12 months if not married to a British citizen.

Your wife will only qualify to apply with you if you both apply in October.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.