ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogesh_81
India

British passport application

Post by yogesh_81 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I have received an approval for my naturalization application I made via NCS and the ceremony has been booked.

1) Whats the best/quickest way to apply for British passport? I am inclined towards applying online.

2) Do I need to submit professional referees for the passport application as well? (Since I already provided 2 referees for my naturalization application)?

3) If I do the online applicaiton for passport, do I need to enter the referee details online or do you get a chance to download the form, print it & manually enter the referee(s) details?

Regards,
Y

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British passport application

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 pm

1) it is certainly a bit cheaper online. My own experience over a year ago was 7 workdays (including an interview which I believe is no longer asked for).
2) as you applying for your passport separately from your AN application you will have to have it countersigned. You are dealing with HMPO now.
3) once you have input all your details you print out a list of documents you need to supply plus a confirmation sheet you & and your referee need to sign.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

yogesh_81
India

Post by yogesh_81 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Any idea how many referees are required for the passport application - 1 or 2?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 pm

yogesh_81 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:54 pm
Thanks for the quick response. Any idea how many referees are required for the passport application - 1 or 2?
1 countersignatory