ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP passport delivered to wrong address by DX Delivery

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

JCAP passport delivered to wrong address by DX Delivery

Post by ariskar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:02 pm

I have applied for Naturalisation and British Passport through JCAP and NCS (paper form) in late October 2017.

I got approved and attended the citizenship ceremony 11 days ago.

I received a SMS by DX delivery with my tracking number (the JCAP application number) that the passport will be delivered within 48 hours (by end of 24th March 2018).

The HMPO also send an SMS informining about the requirement to sign the passport with black roller pen, indirectly confirming the dispatch on 23rd March 2018.

At 11 am on 24th March, DX Delivery changed the status as "Delivered", however the passport was not delivered in person or through the letterbox.

What are my rights in case DX Delivered my first British passport to a wrong address?

What would you suggest that I do?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: JCAP passport delivered to wrong address by DX Delivery

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Try calling DX delivery's customer service and they should be able to investigate this and get back to you. Got this number from their website: 0333 241 5700
I have had experiences with couriers that claim they have delivered my parcel and then I receive the parcel at a later date.
Hopefully that will be the same in your case.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 am

DX confirmed that they delivered to a wrong address, as they quoted as proof a black front door, while the door at the correct address is brown.

I called HMPO and they are investigating. I have travel plans for April 15th and I am getting worried. My citizenship ceremony was on 13th March 2018...

*I am wondering what are my customer rights if HMPO or their contractor (DX Delivery) lost my passport. If they do not manage to find it or recover it, would I get a new one posted free of charge?
*Would have to go through the first adult passport process again?
*Would I be eligible for 1-day or 1-week premium service at the expense of HMPO/DX?
*Would HMPO support any additional costs incurred due to their fault or their delivery service's fault?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 am

ariskar wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 am
DX confirmed that they delivered to a wrong address, as they quoted as proof a black front door, while the door at the correct address is brown.

I called HMPO and they are investigating. I have travel plans for April 15th and I am getting worried. My citizenship ceremony was on 13th March 2018...

*I am wondering what are my customer rights if HMPO or their contractor (DX Delivery) lost my passport. If they do not manage to find it or recover it, would I get a new one posted free of charge?
*Would have to go through the first adult passport process again?
*Would I be eligible for 1-day or 1-week premium service at the expense of HMPO/DX?
*Would HMPO support any additional costs incurred due to their fault or their delivery service's fault?
That is a shame. Did you not ask them all these questions? They will know better than this forum.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Surely DX should return to the property where it was delivered? It's useless to the recipient, and I thought they would of returned or informed the relevant authority.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:49 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:03 pm
Surely DX should return to the property where it was delivered? It's useless to the recipient, and I thought they would of returned or informed the relevant authority.
It is indeed not useful for the (wrong) recipient,,,

...however there is a considerable risk of identity theft and fraud using an original passport for financial services, black market alteration or other illegitimate purposes... :roll:

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:03 pm

I asked HMPO and they launched an investigation on March 26th 2018, with no feedback received so far...

They wouldn't answer any of these questions before concluding their investigation. :roll:

As far as financial impact, surely HMPO should also fall under customer protection laws... I doubt they would ask me to pay for another passport, the question is if that would have to happen willingly or through a MP or the Ombudsman...

How on earth do I get a passport if I cannot apply for one? (no previous passport number, it was by definition neither lost by me or stolen from me, I have no information on previous British Passport, etc.)

I managed to find a case example below:
https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/about-us/h ... maries/941

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 am

HMPO eventually made a free of charge replacement that I picked up personally at London Victoria HMPO office at 12/04. That after a lot of calls and pressure...

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 am

actually I just found my passport in my letterbox, I didn't sign for anything...... and no SMS confirmed the delivery...... quite terrible! that means the postman may just sign it himself and leave the passport in my letterbox......... the HO always use crap service to deliver very important document......... the budget cut into the bone marrow!
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:32 am

ariskar wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 am
HMPO eventually made a free of charge replacement that I picked up personally at London Victoria HMPO office at 12/04. That after a lot of calls and pressure...
That's fantastic news. You can relax now.