ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Documentation for Naturalization

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for Naturalization (My route is 10 year long residence and then applying early for BC as m spouse is British national) this week. I am applying online and using NDRS service. I have few questions. Do i have to provide them with employer letter and pay slips. If i am providing them with all this information then do i have to provide them with the corresponding Bank statements matching my payslips amount.

I also read on the council website that if i am using JCAP facility i dont have to get the passport form signed from my referees as they will consider my Naturalization application signatures. I am just wondering is this still correct as sometimes the rules get changed and websites are not updated well in time.

Last but very important question is that i do not remember exact dates of my 2 employers whom i worked for in 2008. I ordered my SRS but HMRC also dont have dates and they just send me the tax paid and the year i worked which is 2008/09. I have added approximate dates on online form. Just wondering where can i mention this on online form that these dates are approximate and best of my knowledge. I havent submitted the form yet as i was waiting to get the NDRS appointment first. Should i mention this in cover letter or is there any way i can mention this on online form.

I hope senior members can guide me on this.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Documentation for Naturalization

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Hello All,

Anyone please reply to my queries.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:36 pm

You paid your tax by PAYE or self assessment?

TheRock9 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm
Hi All,

I am applying for Naturalization (My route is 10 year long residence and then applying early for BC as m spouse is British national) this week. I am applying online and using NDRS service. I have few questions. Do i have to provide them with employer letter and pay slips. If i am providing them with all this information then do i have to provide them with the corresponding Bank statements matching my payslips amount.

I also read on the council website that if i am using JCAP facility i dont have to get the passport form signed from my referees as they will consider my Naturalization application signatures. I am just wondering is this still correct as sometimes the rules get changed and websites are not updated well in time.

Last but very important question is that i do not remember exact dates of my 2 employers whom i worked for in 2008. I ordered my SRS but HMRC also dont have dates and they just send me the tax paid and the year i worked which is 2008/09. I have added approximate dates on online form. Just wondering where can i mention this on online form that these dates are approximate and best of my knowledge. I havent submitted the form yet as i was waiting to get the NDRS appointment first. Should i mention this in cover letter or is there any way i can mention this on online form.

Thanks
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Twine
United Kingdom

Post by Twine » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:47 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
I am applying online and using NDRS service. I have few questions. Do i have to provide them with employer letter and pay slips. If i am providing them with all this information then do i have to provide them with the corresponding Bank statements matching my payslips amount.
Being employed is not a condition of naturalisation. However, to prove that you have been resident in the UK for the period in question, Page 14 of Guide AN recommends that you provide...

Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application
• Your passports
• If you are unable to provide your passport explain why on page 22 and supply letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s, educational establishments or other government departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period

So, P60s covering your relevant period are usually an easy way to meet this requirement (if you were employed).

TheRock9 wrote:
The website information is correct. The steps as listed here should be clear.

TheRock9 wrote:
You can add a cover letter if you wish for peace of mind but it is not an issue. Remember, employment is not a requirement for naturalisation.

Hope this helps!

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:13 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:36 pm
You paid your tax by PAYE or self assessment?

[quote=TheRock9 post_id=<a href="tel:1622564">1622564</a> time=<a href="tel:1523886011">1523886011</a> user_id=167495]
Hi All,

Thanks
[/quote]
I was Employed and my employer was responsible to pay my tax and they did but i dont know my exact start date and end date and unfortunately i cant find Payslips or P60 etc.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi Twine
Thanks for your reply. I have got all my previous passports which i will provide as a proof of my residence in UK.

I understand that employment is not a requirement but i am mentioning about the information they require for last 10 years employment history. I cant remember the exact deates. As HMRC said they dont have this information as it's almost 10 years old. They just hold the information about how much i earned etc.
I think it is good idea to write in a cover lettwr that the dates (mwntion the employers name) are best to my knowledge. So in case if the enquirie and i have a ground to say that i did mention that dates are approximate and i cant remember them and HMRC also dont have these details.

Do you think it is good idea to send HMRC letter or is it overloaded case worker with too much information.

Thanks

Twine
United Kingdom

Post by Twine » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi there!
TheRock9 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:13 pm
I was Employed and my employer was responsible to pay my tax and they did but i dont know my exact start date and end date and unfortunately i cant find Payslips or P60 etc.
Since your spouse is a British national, you only have to prove residence for the last three (3) years. But, if you are missing the P60s that cover this period, then you can make an HMRC request for the information.

TheRock9 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:23 pm
I understand that employment is not a requirement but i am mentioning about the information they require for last 10 years employment history. I cant remember the exact deates. As HMRC said they dont have this information as it's almost 10 years old. They just hold the information about how much i earned etc.
I think it is good idea to write in a cover lettwr that the dates (mwntion the employers name) are best to my knowledge. So in case if the enquirie and i have a ground to say that i did mention that dates are approximate and i cant remember them and HMRC also dont have these details.

Do you think it is good idea to send HMRC letter or is it overloaded case worker with too much information.
Write up a cover letter explaining this and add it to the supporting documents. If you are really bothered, you could try contacting your former employers directly (if they still exist) and ask for a letter stating something like:

'TheRock9' was employed with us from <insert start date> to <insert end date> and based at our facility in <insert UK office location>.

If successful, that would give you your dates to add to the online form as well as satisfying the residency requirements.

Cheers,
Twine

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi Twine,

I wish i can get hold of my ex employers, reason being those were just a Premier cornor shop and they have sold the business and i cant get hold of them.
I think its better to just mention this in cover letter that the dates are approximate. I contacted HMRC and they said the following.
"Due to constraints with our data security policy we are unable to provide you with the screen prints of the requested PAYE information prior to 2011/12. Please fine the below details transcribed from the National Insurance Recording system for the tax years requested. Please not that to remian complaint with DPA and in line with out data retention regulations, HMRC only retains details for 6 years in addition to current year and correspondence for 2 years in addition to the current year".

So prior to 2011/12 HMRC has just provided me Gross Pay, Tax and NIC information. No start or end date.

I don't want to include this letter as this can create confusion in case worker mind. But i belive I should mention this in cover letter just to cover my side for future if they have any issues atkeast i can say that i told you.

Thanks

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 pm

I belive to prove my residences ship for last 3 years my old passport should be enough ?

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:48 am

Anyone want to shed some more light.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 am

TheRock9 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 pm
I belive to prove my residences ship for last 3 years my old passport should be enough ?
Passports are sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 am
TheRock9 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 pm
Passports are sufficient.
I wish i can get hold of my ex employers, reason being those were just a Premier cornor shop and they have sold the business and i cant get hold of them.
I think its better to just mention this in cover letter that the dates are approximate. I contacted HMRC and they said the following.

"Due to constraints with our data security policy we are unable to provide you with the screen prints of the requested PAYE information prior to 2011/12. Please fine the below details transcribed from the National Insurance Recording system for the tax years requested. Please not that to remian complaint with DPA and in line with out data retention regulations, HMRC only retains details for 6 years in addition to current year and correspondence for 2 years in addition to the current year".

So prior to 2011/12 HMRC has just provided me Gross Pay, Tax and NIC information. No start or end date.

I don't want to include this letter as this can create confusion in case worker mind. But i belive I should mention this in cover letter just to cover my side for future if they have any issues atkeast i can say that i told you.

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible you can guide on the above question.

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 am

You do not need employer letters. It is not a repeat of ILR or any other visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 am

Immigaration History: ILR through 10 years route. Applying BC early because i am a Spouse of British national

As online form doesn't give you an option to just mention year when they are asking about last 10 years employment history so i have selected a approximate month and date of my employment in 2008 ( there are two employers date which i am not sure of ). I did apply for SRS from HMRC and received the following reply.

Do you think it is good idea to include this letter or just mention that the dates are best to my knowledge or do you think as a spouse of British national they wont be interested in my employment history that much.

Thanks

Twine
United Kingdom

Post by Twine » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:11 am

Employment is NOT a condition for naturalisation.

As the spouse of a British citizen you only need to provide evidence of UK residence for the last three (3) years. This can be done using your passport(s). P60's, etc. are supplemental.

I suggested contacting HMRC or your employer for details only for your peace of mind with regard to filling in your dates of employment. You don't really need to do this. If you want, you can add a cover letter mentioning that your dates of employment are to the best of your knowledge but again, this is not mandatory.