ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application for daughter of EU National with PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pyroskin
Newly Registered
Italy

Passport Application for daughter of EU National with PR

Post by pyroskin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Hello,

I would kindly request help with my application for the UK Passport for my daughter.

Information about my case:

I obtained UK PR in April 2017, and I got the blue document issued by HO certifying Permanent Residence.

I'm married to a Brazilian national who is living in UK on a EU Family Member permit.

Our daughter was born in UK in March 2018.

It is my understanding that she is considered British Citizen at birth, because she was born to a EU National father, with UK PR obtained before her birth.

My questions:

1) Do I apply for her passport through the standard route on https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport ?

2) At which point in the application do I supply proof of my UK PR status?

3) I can't find anywhere written if I should send my original Italian passport and original blue document issued by HO certifying Permanent Residence. Would this be sent together with the application?

4) Is it necessary to include a letter envelope with pre-paid Special Delivery, for the safe return of documents?

Thank you very much!

4uvak
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Application for daughter of EU National with PR

Post by 4uvak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 pm