ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deferred application status

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VSKr
Newly Registered
India

Deferred application status

Post by VSKr » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi,

I applied for a settlement visa (PBS dependent 5 year route) at PSC Solihull on Saturday 10 November 2017.
My application could not be decided on the day because I was not carrying an original copy of my Indian degree. I did carry the original NARIC certificate and copies of my Indian degrees including a medium of instruction letter.

Anyways, I travelled back from Solihull to London on the day and posted my originals via Royal Mail guaranteed 9am delivery on Saturday itself. I was hoping the parcel to be delivered to Solihull PSC on Monday itself, unfortunately it got delivered on Tuesday (i.e. yesterday).

I am a bit concerned about the status of my application now.
Is there a way to check the status online, or a contact number at PSC Solihull where I could call tomorrow morning?
I tried using the online visa application status check link available on Gov.UK's website, but it does not seem to recognise any of my payment/ booking reference numbers linked to the PSC appointment.

Is there any other way I could possibly check the status of my application?

Regards,
V

Vivekvarma
Newly Registered

Re: Deferred application status

Post by Vivekvarma » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:20 pm

VSKr
Newly Registered
India

Post by VSKr » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Thank you.

I only have the Booking reference number and Payment ID from my PSC appointment email confirmation.
On entering either of them, I get a response that the reference number cannot be recognised.

I even tried my PBS Dependent BRP card number, which is submitted along with the application.
But nothing seems to be recognised by the system.

Regards,
V

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Post by Syk2018 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:46 pm

VSKr wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 pm
Thank you.

I only have the Booking reference number and Payment ID from my PSC appointment email confirmation.
On entering either of them, I get a response that the reference number cannot be recognised.

I even tried my PBS Dependent BRP card number, which is submitted along with the application.
But nothing seems to be recognised by the system.

Regards,
V
HiVskr,

Could you please update your situation. Did you get your decision? If yes, how much time did it take for UKVI to decide?

VSKr
Newly Registered
India

Post by VSKr » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:31 am

Hi,

I had mixed up dates in my original post. So I had a PSC appointment on Saturday 2 Dec 2017, when they requested me to submit additional documents.

Upon submission of these documents via post, I was granted ILR vide a letter dated 8 Dec 2017, and received my BRP card by post on 12 Dec 2017. This was still all done within 10 days.

Thereafter, I was able to proceed with my citizenship application in December itself. I have provided details of my citizenship application here:
british-citizenship/december-2017-natur ... l#p1584669

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional queries.

Regards,
Vidhi

Syk2018
United Kingdom

Post by Syk2018 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Thanks Vidhi, Congrats for your successfull ILR atleast you didnt have to wait much.
Just one more clarification, the day at PSC when they could not decide on your application. What did they write in the letter, Is it further checks required or Exceptionally complex issue??

Regards,
Syk.