ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Abusive Employer and Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HBBB
Iran

Abusive Employer and Tier 2

Post by HBBB » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm in a very bad situation for a long time with my employer on a T2(G). So, any thoughts or advice would be really appreciated. I know many would say you don't have to stay in UK and you could leave but I don't find it very helpful with the situation I am in.Even if I know I'm not the only one who is being treated like this, it will help to stand it. A bit of background:
I invented a device that a Limited UK company was interested in as well. They chased me to move to UK under a T2(G). We negotiated about the salary and because it wasn't enough they agreed to provided accommodation and a car and a 56 days annual leave. They have stated the car and accommodation in the CoS. The salary was 30k and including car+accommodation they stated 50k. The company is in a business park in a very remote area. When I move in from a big city, they said If I stay in the guest annexe of their property that was close to the office, they will pay the bills. They provided an old V6 car which considering being in a remote area was very expensive to run. After around a year that was here, they started to moan about the bills. the asked me to pay the Council tax that I agreed. then started to ask for paying bills. they installed a counter them selves and asked me to pay using non-contract rates that I refused. because the only motivation to leave in a remote area was saving money. They cut the annual leave to 32days. I had to hand the car back because running cost was more expensive than buying a normal car, insure it and run it even considering depression of its cost. they were kind enough to give me a couple of grand one go help towards the car! Few month ago when I extended the visa for another 3 years. They increased the salary to 36k and in return asked for rent! when I argued they didn't agree. So I decided to move to somewhere more live. When I decided to move, They are asking to pay all the bills from the first time they installed the electric counter and leave the furniture I bought myself there. The new CoS still states they will provide accommodation+car+36k.
On top of all these, there is no working hours defined even in contract. I have to work any time they like. it could be from 1 hour a day to 24hrs during weekends without any compensation. I argued many times about the contract that I was forced to sign at the end (either sign or leave) that the only change I could make was mentioning salary in the contract and reducing a lifetime ban of not being able to work with competitors to 2 years.

On the other hand, I have established a life here with my wife and boy. We fill we have wasted 3 years of our life without gaining anything if we leave UK. I have read the documents, it seems I have to report I'm not getting what is mentioned in the CoS but in the best case, they will loose their sponsorship permit and it comes back to me. I might be asked why I didn't report this earlier. Also, if I sue them, they can revoke end the contract and I have to leave the country before anything happens. I just feel everything is ready for employers to abuse employees under T2.

I have to add that one of my British colleagues recently sued them for things much normal that what I have been through.

Any idea or help will be really appreciated. If I can seek a legal advice, what type of lawyer or solicitor, etc. should I look for? however from what I have read over past two years, there is not much I can do apart from leaving the company and UK. :(

Many Thanks in Advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Abusive Employer and Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Why not look for another job and sponsor??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HBBB
Iran

Post by HBBB » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:23 pm
Many Thanks for the reply. I have been looking for jobs since last year. Job advertisement websites will rule me out when they see I need a sponsor. I have had 3 job offers via Linkedin but salary wasn't good enough to switch. at the time I didn't know the situation get worse otherwise I should have to switch. I had 2 very interesting offers that where outside UK and I decided to stick to UK until ILR before those movements. Do you know any way to look for T2 jobs more effectively?

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:26 pm

HBBB wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
Many Thanks for the reply. I have been looking for jobs since last year. Job advertisement websites will rule me out when they see I need a sponsor. I have had 3 job offers via Linkedin but salary wasn't good enough to switch. at the time I didn't know the situation get worse otherwise I should have to switch. I had 2 very interesting offers that where outside UK and I decided to stick to UK until ILR before those movements. Do you know any way to look for T2 jobs more effectively?
Why don’t you look at the tier 2 company was sponsor list and look for jobs with those companies?

HBBB
Iran

Post by HBBB » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Hopeful42 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:26 pm
HBBB wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Why don’t you look at the tier 2 company was sponsor list and look for jobs with those companies?
I tried it for a while but thought is a very long job so stopped it. Now that I see another person thinking this way, will try it again. many thanks.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:00 am

HBBB wrote:
CR001 wrote:
when will you eligible to ILR? also beware the salary threshold required for ILR. it increases every year.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

HBBB
Iran

Post by HBBB » Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:00 am
HBBB wrote:
CR001 wrote:
when will you eligible to ILR? also beware the salary threshold required for ILR. it increases every year.
My job is listed on SOL. It could be bit more relaxed on salary. I'll become eligible in just less than 2 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:09 pm

What is your SOC and job title?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.