ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT -> T2 General on a high earner salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niteshreck
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT -> T2 General on a high earner salary

Post by niteshreck » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:00 am

Hi all

I have following query if someone can help please

I am currently on tier 2 ict visa whivh was issued in jul 15 And valid till March 19.

Now I have got another employer who is ready to pay me 160k gbp and issue cos for tier 2 general which I understand I need to apply from India .

I have notice period of 90 days with my current employer which I want to serve because I want to leave on good terms .

My query is can I apply tier 2 general visa from India with COS start date 90 days later and come back to UK under current ICT visa to serve my notice period .

After notice period , I can always go back to India and come back under my new tier 2 general visa

Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT -> T2 General on a high earner salary

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:04 am

Your Tier 2 ICT visa will be cancelled when your Tier 2 General visa is issued, so no you won't be able to come back on your ICT visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ap1010
Newly Registered
India

Post by ap1010 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:11 am

Is high earner salary only the base salary or also include the variable pay. Can someone enlighten on this ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:40 am

ap1010 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:11 am
Is high earner salary only the base salary or also include the variable pay. Can someone enlighten on this ?
Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances and questions rather than tagging onto another members thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi Nitesh - how did you get around your notice period situation?

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:52 pm

niteshreck wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:00 am
Hi all

I have following query if someone can help please

I am currently on tier 2 ict visa whivh was issued in jul 15 And valid till March 19.

Now I have got another employer who is ready to pay me 160k gbp and issue cos for tier 2 general which I understand I need to apply from India .

I have notice period of 90 days with my current employer which I want to serve because I want to leave on good terms .

My query is can I apply tier 2 general visa from India with COS start date 90 days later and come back to UK under current ICT visa to serve my notice period .

After notice period , I can always go back to India and come back under my new tier 2 general visa

Please advise

Hi Nitesh how did you get around your notice period ? Did you have to resign first , complete the notice period and then go to India for the Tier2 application? What is a safe way to handle
this