ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors to stay 4-5 months for helping with new born baby?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

landrover8032

Visitors to stay 4-5 months for helping with new born baby?

Post by landrover8032 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi,

I'm planning for my parents to visit to the UK next few months (standard visitor visa). We have a 4 months new born baby so wish they can stay for about 4-5 months to help us. However, when my parents contacted a visa agency in my country, they advised to ask for only 2 months stay. It seems that asking to stay for up to 3 months will get easier acceptance than longer requirement. The agency is not willing to state that long period and advise my parents to come for 2 months, leave, and then come back for another 2 months or so to prevent the risk of being questioned "stay longer than asked" if applying next time.

My questions here are:
- Is this ok for visitors to ask for staying 4-5 months?
- The genuine reason here is to help to take care of the baby (of course, we also plan to travel) but is there any issue if we state that reason. What is the best way to state?
- Is the agent's advice valid given that the accumulated staying period still exceeds the asked time?

Thanks very much for your helps in advance.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Visitors to stay 4-5 months for helping with new born baby?

Post by Route to ILR » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 am

landrover8032 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:24 pm
Hi,

I'm planning for my parents to visit to the UK next few months (standard visitor visa). We have a 4 months new born baby so wish they can stay for about 4-5 months to help us. However, when my parents contacted a visa agency in my country, they advised to ask for only 2 months stay. It seems that asking to stay for up to 3 months will get easier acceptance than longer requirement. The agency is not willing to state that long period and advise my parents to come for 2 months, leave, and then come back for another 2 months or so to prevent the risk of being questioned "stay longer than asked" if applying next time.

My questions here are:
- Is this ok for visitors to ask for staying 4-5 months?
- The genuine reason here is to help to take care of the baby (of course, we also plan to travel) but is there any issue if we state that reason. What is the best way to state?
- Is the agent's advice valid given that the accumulated staying period still exceeds the asked time?

Thanks very much for your helps in advance.
Hi

Take that advise. They r very correct by saying that if u invite them for more time they will not get the visa. 2 months r more than enough.

Your genuine reason is also put doubt on ECO mind as child care on visit visa in not allowed (paid or unpaid) even for own grandchild.

Best way to put is that they r coming to visit and spend time with u and your family on this special occasion. Don't forget to disclose their strong economic and social ties with the country from where they are coming from.