ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaborex
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP Application

Post by kaborex » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:10 am

Hi all,

I have been in UK since 2002 and was granted Indefinite Leave to remain since then. I was not aware of the rule changes in 2014 which states that all ILR holders have to get a BRP.

I have been working in the civil service for 10 years this year and still employed by my current borough.

I applied for a job at the home office and was provisionally accepted pending checks. The checks have come back asking for the BRP card in spite of me showing them my indefinite leave stamp which is in my old passport. The stamp is still valid as I have travelled in and out of the country with it.

Thankfully the job offer is still standing but anytime now I suppose they will find someone else to do the job. I find this very unfair as I am not here illegally and besides the home office can check on their systems. They refuse to do that as they claim to get employment in the civil service one has to have the BRP. Yet I am happily employed by the civil service still.

I have applied for the BRP and it looks like it could take up to 6 months.

Initial application sent 17/01/2018

£447 fee taken from credit card Credit card 18/01/2018 (dual application with my wife... single application is £237)

email confirmation of receipt of application received 29/01/2018

Non signed for letter through the post received for fingerprints to be done at post office 30/01/2018

Fingerprints done at post office and sent off securely via post office system 31/01/2018

I will update this from time to time to give people an idea of how long this process will take. I filled in the NTL form ... it should be straight forward as I am not applying for ILR but really applying for a transfer of the ILR to a BRP. But time will tell.

I feel so abused by the system and feel like a criminal when I have done nothing wrong over the last 15 years I have been here. This is so wrong and if I lose this opportunity for this job I am not sure what I will do. Good luck to everyone applying.

kaborex
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: BRP Application

Post by kaborex » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 am

The date today is the 5th of March and still no further replies from the home office.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:48 am

It's unfortunate.

Imagine the Home Office imposing a penalty for non-compliance on themselves?!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kaborex
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kaborex » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi all,
A quick update. I got my BRP today after roughly 2.5 months. Having said that my application was straight forward as I had indefinite leave since 2004. We are still waiting on my wife's BRP but maybe that will be in the post tomorrow as there was one day difference in the letter for the fingerprints.

17/01/2018 Application sent

18/01/2018 £447 fee taken from credit card Credit card (dual application with my wife... single application is £237)

29/01/2018 Email confirmation of receipt of application received

30/01/2018 Non signed for letter through the post received for fingerprints to be done at post office

31/01/2018 Fingerprints done at post office and sent off securely via post office system

1/02/2018 Non signed for letter through the post received for Wife's fingerprints to be done at post office

4/4/2018 BRP Card received through the post via signed for mail

None of my documents have been returned to date although in the BRP letter, they said I should have received my documents back. Need to check with them what happened to my passports.

Hopefully my offer for the civil service job still stands as they said they would wait.

kaborex
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kaborex » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 pm

My original documents were sent a few days later not registered. Luckily nothing lost.