ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) Application - First entry question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SineCurve
Newly Registered
Turkey

Tier 2 (General) Application - First entry question

Post by SineCurve » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I have recently been offered a job in the UK and am currently in the process of applying for the Tier 2 visa. Me and my family are applying together, but me and my wife would like to enter the UK first, find a house, get things in order, etc, and then get the children (8 and 4yr old) into the UK after we have everything ready. But since we are applying together, does this mean we'll have to enter the UK together as well, since we have to apply within 10 days of entry for a biometric residence permit? I am Turkish, my wife is an US citizen, and so are the children.

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 (General) Application - First entry question

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:36 am

The visa vignette is only valid for 30 days and you must all enter withing that time. To transfer a vignette to a later date, you have to apply and pay roughly £200 or slightly less each to do it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SineCurve
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Tier 2 (General) Application - First entry question

Post by SineCurve » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. Sure, we all have to enter during those 30 days, but, do we have to enter together? Can we go first and get the kids to come in, say, 2 weeks later, but still within the 30-day period?