ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET F Application for daughther

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobby80gh

SET F Application for daughther

Post by bobby80gh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Hello guys,

I really need your advise. I have a partner with whom we have 3 kids. The last child is a British citizen because he was born after my citizenship. The first girl is currently Tier 4 dependent as the mother is currently on tier 4 visa. I have a small business in the UK but currently work full time as an expat abroad.

I want to make a resettlement application on SET F for my daughter and wanted to know whether she stands a chance. Please advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET F Application for daughther

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:27 pm

How long has the child been living in the UK?

Where was child born?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Is this query for the child born in 2007 you asked about in 2015?

british-citizenship/british-nationality ... l#p1252379
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bobby80gh

Post by bobby80gh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Yes please. She was born in Ghana.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:31 pm

How long has she been in the UK??

Unlikely she qualifies for set(f) as she does not have a parent present and settled in the UK as you live and work abroad and her other parent is on a visa that does not lead to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bobby80gh

Post by bobby80gh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I guess first the mum has to use the British child to apply for the two and half then i can proceed with the daughter's application after that. I take a salary from my UK company and pay my taxes so I believe that can qualified as present and settled.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 pm

No, you are not present and settled, which means living and being physically in the UK permantely. Even then she would not qualify.

You cannot apply for ILR for your daughter, she doesn't qualify. She will have to follow the same visa path as your wife and other child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)