ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Category B income requirement for spouse visa UK/Solicitor fee too much

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Butterflywings
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Category B income requirement for spouse visa UK/Solicitor fee too much

Post by Butterflywings » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Hi
I wanna apply for a spouse visa for my husband under category B of financial requirement as i just found a very good job.The visa policy seems very vague so I am posting my confusion here. My current salary is way above £18600 and My GROSS SALARY details from last 10 months are:
Jun 2017- £1666/-
July 2017- £1666/-
Aug 2017- £1670/-
Sep 2017- £1666/-
Oct 2017- £1688/-
Nov 2017- £1800/-
Dec 2017- £1559/-
Jan 2018- £1685/-
Feb 2018- £800/- HALF MONTH SALARY FROM OLD JOB
Mar 2018- £5625/-HALF SALARY FROM FEB(£1875) + FULL SALARY (£3750)OF MARCH COMBINED FROM NEW JOB
TOTAL GROSS - £19825/- IN LAST 10 MONTHS.

SO DO I MEET THE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS OR DO I MUST WORK 12 FULL MONTHS BEFORE APPLYING AND MUST EARN ATLEAST £1550/- GROSS EVERY MONTH ? ? ?
Please ONLY REPLY if you really know this as i do not want to take any chances. i cannot afford a solicitor. every solicitor i have asked wants to charge £1200 upwards in fee. Has anyone found a good solicitor in less fees?
thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Category B income requirement for spouse visa UK/Solicitor fee too much

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Based on your circumstances can you wait until June. Are you presently earning a fixed wages (salaried person)?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Butterflywings
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Butterflywings » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:38 pm

We dont really want to wait till june, yes i am on fixed salary
Thank you

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Hello Butterfly wings

I applied with similar circumstances to yourself in regards to the financial requirement.

I supplied payslips for similar amount from September 2016 to august 2017 - and also had 2 payslips from august (one weeks payment from one job - the rest from the new job) to show me earning over £2000 for one month but i was still refused. I earned just over 19,500 in that time yet they refused us saying I earn 18,400 (not even sure where they got this figure from as other documents such as contract and a letter from my employer stated my earnings lol)

It seems like they totally disregarded one of my payslips showing the earnings.

So it may be worth the wait to make sure you are showing one full year, and maybe have to spell it out for them too in a letter like there are 2 payslips for different employers because XYZ as I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you. - unless you get a nice ECO who knows what their doing and how to calculate income.

I've also recently been made aware that they occasionally have access to the HMRC website to see how much we have been paid - whether or not they do is different story, if my entry clearance officer checked the HMRC then they are the definition of stupid!

Butterflywings
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Butterflywings » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm
Hello Butterfly wings

I applied with similar circumstances to yourself in regards to the financial requirement.

I supplied payslips for similar amount from September 2016 to august 2017 - and also had 2 payslips from august (one weeks payment from one job - the rest from the new job) to show me earning over £2000 for one month but i was still refused. I earned just over 19,500 in that time yet they refused us saying I earn 18,400 (not even sure where they got this figure from as other documents such as contract and a letter from my employer stated my earnings lol)

So it may be worth the wait to make sure you are showing one full year, and maybe have to spell it out for them too in a letter like there are 2 payslips for different employers because XYZ as I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you. - unless you get a nice ECO who knows what their doing and how to calculate income.

I've also recently been made aware that they occasionally have access to the HMRC website to see how much we have been paid - whether or not they do is different story, if my entry clearance officer checked the HMRC then they are the definition of stupid!
I am really sorry to hear that you got refused. thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I have heard the home office is full of SCHOOL DROPOUTS most of them refusing visas for just anything. I would be extra careful now about doing anything. I think might do the application myself but use a Check And Send service where a solicitor checks documents and tells if anything is missing or required.

Are you reapplying ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:50 pm

For category B you must have earned at least £18600 during the last 12 months from date of application so therefore, you should wait till JUNE. Secondly as you are now on salaried job giving you at least £18600 per year at the date of application which is absolutely fine. Just wait till June.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:36 am

Butterflywings wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:46 pm
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm
Hello Butterfly wings

I am really sorry to hear that you got refused. thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I have heard the home office is full of SCHOOL DROPOUTS most of them refusing visas for just anything. I would be extra careful now about doing anything. I think might do the application myself but use a Check And Send service where a solicitor checks documents and tells if anything is missing or required.

Are you reapplying ?

Hello

School dropouts would have done a better job! I think that our application was refused purely based on my fiances nationality (he is Albanian) and Albanian boys have a reputation of coming to the UK illegally and then sometimes not always the case but some of them follow the path of drug dealing etc so I think its a discrimination thing. But as we cant prove it and they wont admit that then not much more we can do.

Unfortunately we haven't reapplied, we have appealed instead and as you can imagine going to take anything up to or over one year and I begrudge paying a 2nd application fee when they couldn't do the job properly the first time, they not getting any more money out of us than they deserve plus we dont even have money as everything we had has been spent on the visa application and solicitor fees, not to mention all the plane tickets i have had to buy to visit my fiance. but we have managed to push them to review the case all by ourselves, solicitor and MP tried but had no luck so had to take matters in my own hands!

Yes the best thing to do is be very vigilant because without trying to defend the entry clearance officers a lot of them are over worked and under trained and have a target of cases to review a day, so for some of them its just easy to refuse.

I would advise to wait til June, i know how you feel in regards to not wanting to wait as it is an agonizing wait :(

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am

1) 18,600 earned within the past 12 months
2) currently earning £18,600

CAT B is therefore currently, MET
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Butterflywings
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Butterflywings » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:56 am

Are you talking about me?

Butterflywings
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Butterflywings » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:38 pm

@Ballmigirl17, it is really sad that you got refused despite having a solicitor. The solicitor would have known if there were chances of rejecting before applying. I agree with you saying they have targets to review certain number of cases. But there is more to it. They have targets for refusing visas also. This is done for 2 reasons: 1) It generates more revenue if applicants reapply. 2) Even if they dont reaplly and appeal, it allows the home office to manage the flow of immigration from outside EU. They know very well that about 50% (current rate) of refusals would be overturned in the appeal anyways, but they get the time and power to control the flow of people in that period. This helps in their statistics reporting to the government. The visa policies are purposely vague for this reason.
The RESULT: Honest and hard working people who fall in love with people from other side of earth suffer. Families live apart and kids grow without one or both parents. But for Home Office, its just a business model.
I hope the appeal works out in your favour. All the best.

Butterflywings
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Butterflywings » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:05 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:50 pm
For category B you must have earned at least £18600 during the last 12 months from date of application so therefore, you should wait till JUNE. Secondly as you are now on salaried job giving you at least £18600 per year at the date of application which is absolutely fine. Just wait till June.
Thank you. I will wait till june but i now think I will need a solicitor.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:41 am

Butterflywings wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:38 pm
@Ballmigirl17, it is really sad that you got refused despite having a solicitor. The solicitor would have known if there were chances of rejecting before applying. I agree with you saying they have targets to review certain number of cases. But there is more to it. They have targets for refusing visas also. This is done for 2 reasons: 1) It generates more revenue if applicants reapply. 2) Even if they dont reaplly and appeal, it allows the home office to manage the flow of immigration from outside EU. They know very well that about 50% (current rate) of refusals would be overturned in the appeal anyways, but they get the time and power to control the flow of people in that period. This helps in their statistics reporting to the government. The visa policies are purposely vague for this reason.
The RESULT: Honest and hard working people who fall in love with people from other side of earth suffer. Families live apart and kids grow without one or both parents. But for Home Office, its just a business model.
Hi

Yes everything you said is true, no way in hell am i generating more revenue for them!

Our solicitor would have never let us apply had we not satisfied all the requirements, especially after doing my 2 years of research before apply but hey ho. I am working my hardest to get this refusal overturned before the court stage, as i would like to avoid it. We are almost there just a few teething problems.

Thank you for your kind words, and I hope that when you apply it goes swiftly and easy for you. I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else. all the best x

Butterflywings
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Butterflywings » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:41 am
Butterflywings wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:38 pm
Hi

Yes everything you said is true, no way in hell am i generating more revenue for them!

Our solicitor would have never let us apply had we not satisfied all the requirements, especially after doing my 2 years of research before apply but hey ho. I am working my hardest to get this refusal overturned before the court stage, as i would like to avoid it. We are almost there just a few teething problems.

Thank you for your kind words, and I hope that when you apply it goes swiftly and easy for you. I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else. all the best x
Thank you. Keep fingers crossed and keep pushing it. Try to update us here if possible.

Wardariaz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Wardariaz » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:23 am

Butterflywings wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 pm
Londoner007 wrote:

Yes he is talking about you. You dont have to wait till june. you very well meet the requirements and should apply asap.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:50 am

Wardariaz wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:23 am
Butterflywings wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 pm
Londoner007 wrote:

Yes he is talking about you. You dont have to wait till june. you very well meet the requirements and should apply asap.
Only no need to wait until June if during the last 12 months instead 10 months from the date of application the person has earned £18600 under category B. If the op has got sufficient earnings & payslips from previous to previous employer then he can even add these ones too to meet that criteria.