ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 refused due to RLMT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Tier 2 general visa

Post by ilikeblue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi,

I have been sponsored by a hospital for tier2 general visa to work here in uk but they cancelled the sponsorship since I have failed the uk nursing exam. Since then I am not working for them. Now, I passed the exam and applied visa with another employer but my application was refused since my employer did not put the RLMT in the cos. I don’t know what is the best option for me, whether, (a) ask my new employer to give me a new cos with RLMT and apply visa or (b) try to ask my previous employer if they will give me cos again and apply visa. Hoping for responses. Thank you.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 general visa

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:01 pm

ilikeblue wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:06 pm
Hi,

(a) ask my new employer to give me a new cos with RLMT and apply visa or (b) try to ask my previous employer if they will give me cos again and apply visa. Hoping for responses. Thank you.
Your previous employer cannot offer you a job without carrying out a proper RLMT as well. So whichever option you go for, you still need the sponsor to do RLMT.
You can ask your new intending employer to conduct RLMT and then issue you another CoS afterwards.I guess Nursing is on the shortage occupation list, although the RLMT is still required, it appears to be a bit easier than for other occupations. it must be done appropriately
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ilikeblue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Hello Djsuccess,

That does make sense. Thank you very much for your reply.

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ilikeblue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi,

I have a follow up question on this. My employer agreed to issue another COS as soon as possible. Is there a policy regarding getting a new COS if there should be a gap between the previous one?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:30 pm

ilikeblue wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:22 pm
Hi,

I have a follow up question on this. My employer agreed to issue another COS as soon as possible. Is there a policy regarding getting a new COS if there should be a gap between the previous one?
The gap you are referring to is not just about waiting but waiting for RLMT. SO technically, COS can be issued anytime. However, Your sponsor cannot just issue you another CoS without rectifying the reason for your last refusal. This will involve them re-advertising the role following the instruction in Tier 2 sponsor guide. In your case, you should only be issued another CoS after the RLMT is complete.
Has the role been readvertised or is the sponsor carrying out RLMT? This should be your main concern now because, without a proper RLMT, any CoS assigned will be a waste again.
Meanwhile, your sponsor will need to answer a question about RLMT while assigning the CoS, so they can and should only assign you another CoS after they have completed the RLMT.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ilikeblue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:36 pm

They have RLMT but I don’t know what have happened as to why they did not put it in the first COS that they’ve given. So does it mean even though they’ve just missed to put on the first one, they cannot provide another cos again with the complete details?

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ilikeblue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:39 pm

Can they be able to contact HO to explain and rectify this before issuing another cos without readvertising?

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ilikeblue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm

ilikeblue wrote:

I apologise, my question isn’t clear here. What I mean is that my employer (hospital) will issue me another cos probably after a week of the visa refusal with RLMT details with it. They have RLMT but missed to put it on the first cos. Would that be okay in applying visa again?

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Tier 2 refused due to RLMT

Post by ilikeblue » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi,

I have been sponsored by a hospital for tier2 general visa to work here in uk but they cancelled the sponsorship since I have failed the uk nursing exam. Since then I am not working for them. Now, I passed the exam and applied visa with another employer but my application was refused since my employer did not put the RLMT in the cos. They are willing to give me a new cos with the RLMT details on it (a week after my refusal) My concern is that is it okay for them to generate a new cos immediately without readvertising the job? They have the RLMT but didn’t put it in the first cos because they thought it was not necessary since I’m in the UK already. Hoping for responses. Thank you.

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Tier 2 refused due to RLMT

Post by ilikeblue » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Urgent response needed. I am very worried. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:26 pm

No need for multiple topics asking the same question. Topics Merged.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ilikeblue » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:29 pm

I’m sorry..... I’m just really worried. :cry:

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:13 pm

ilikeblue wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm
ilikeblue wrote:

I apologise, my question isn’t clear here. What I mean is that my employer (hospital) will issue me another cos probably after a week of the visa refusal with RLMT details with it. They have RLMT but missed to put it on the first cos. Would that be okay in applying visa again?
If they have carried out the RLMT, then they can issue you another COS immediately with all the details required.

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ilikeblue » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi Djsuccess,

That is great! Thank you very much for the information. Gives me so much relief.