ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa Application impact due to previous refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from Tier 4 Visa to Spouse Visa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:42 pm

Under a Tier 4 Student visa the IHS fee is £150 per year. What was her previous visa category during the 'her last visit' that you've mentioned :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:05 pm

She came here on student visa and left in January 2016.

regards,
HKN

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Hi Casa,

if I pay the NHS surcharge, do you know how long is the process?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:58 pm

The £500 NHS surcharge is paid when you make the online application, together with the application fee.

If you choose to apply in person at a PSC (for the additional £590 fee), as decision is generally made on the same day, if all your paperwork is in order.

If the application is submitted by post, it could take anything from several weeks to 3 months for a decision.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi Casa,

I have just made the student visa application and have paid Health surcharge with the application however, I am unable to figure out where should I be adding Health surcharge number on the application? How would I add it to the application?

Should I just get a copy of health surcharge printed and attach with the visa form?

Please advise.

thank you
HKN

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi CASA,

Hope you are well.

I have come across a topic discussing that if a visa was previously refused on any category than the person won't be able to apply for priority dependent visa application?

Do you think that is true? reason is when my fiancée comes here on student visa and we apply for dependent visa afterwards, i was planning to make a same day dependent visa application for her.

Please if you could confirm that is not true it would be great.

regards,
HKN

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Dependent visa Application impact due to previous refusal

Post by HKN » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:28 am

Morning all,

Please help me out on this.

My fiancee applied for student visa from Pakistan and her visa has been refused today based on an issue with her sponsorship documents which we shall be appealing or requesting administrative review as soon as possible. We were going to apply for dependent visa application once she had completed her studies next year.

please advise if this refusal will now impact on dependent visa application in the future?

would she be able to go for priority service (as a same day application) for dependent visa? As i have read on one of the forums online that this service is not provided if a previous visa has not been granted.

Please help.

HKN

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa Application impact due to previous refusal

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:39 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 am

It should not affect a fiance visa application unless there was deception or false documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:47 am

Hi CR001,

Yes we will be applying from within the UK next year and planning to get married first as I understand, for her dependent visa application we need to seek approval from the home office first which takes up to 70 days before registering the marriage.

I do meet the financial requirement and she has an IELTS certificate covering her English requirement.

Her student visa has been refused today from Pakistan and so we are worried that this will impact her application for dependent visa next year.

regards,
HKN

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:52 am

Sorry I must have responded to a old response without realising the topics are merged.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:54 am

I based my response on you applying for a fiance visa instead of a student visa.

If she switches within the UK, the same applies. As long as there is no deception or false documents or reasons, then the refusal should not affect her spouse visa application and if in the UK, yes she could use premium same day service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:55 am

HKN wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:52 am
Sorry I must have responded to a old response without realising the topics are merged.
I merged your topics as you posted your query today in the Tier 1 General Dependent PBS route visa sub forum, which is not relevant to either a student visa or a spouse visa!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:16 am

Thank you CR001.

No deceptions or false documents on the refusal. The home office has not accepted her sponsorship documents as her brother was the sponsor and the home office thinks that his finances are not enough to support her. They have ignored her own bank statements it seems to be.

regards,
HK N

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:40 pm

HI CR001,

My fiancee has been advised to to admin review for her tier 4 visa application which was refused today.

The basis of refusal was the that they did not accept the financial sponsor and i believe her personal bank statement was not looked at which had all the funds to cover for remaining fees and maintenance funds.

Please advise if we raise this issue in the admin review, what would be the process that is involved in the review? would there be any interview involved? we were told that they would an interview.

What is the overall process of admin review?

regards,
HKN