ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ijaz75ak
Newly Registered

Family visa

Post by ijaz75ak » Wed May 10, 2017 10:46 am

Hi and good morning
hope you all are good.to day i am going to share some queries with you so i can get proper guidance from all of you.I am British after 10 years legal stay and my daughter who was born here is also British now.My wife and one daughter who was born in Pakistan and now have discretionary leave until April 2018.She came to uk in 12/2010 and in December 2017 she will complete 7 years here along with my wife who will also complete 7 years here.Now my query is that both have discretionary leave until April 2018 and are completing 7 years in December 2017,what will i have to apply for them.I have heard about the 7 years route for children but i am not totally aware of it.Other query is that I am getting benefits and I have to apply for their visas,will i have to stop the benefits or i can continue these benefits and apply for their visas.I am sure you will have understand my situation and will guide me properly.thanks Ijaz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family visa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:53 am

It will be quicker for them to continue on the DLR route until they have 6 years residence to qualify for ILR (or 10 years residence if they reach that sooner).

The 7 year route you are referring to is FLR(FP) and a 10 year route to ILR I believe.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ijaz75ak
Newly Registered

Family visa

Post by ijaz75ak » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi and good evening
hope you all are good.Please can some body guide me about the 7 years route as my friend is an asylum seeker and he has 2 kids born here for the last over 7 years.He did applied for the 7 years route one month ago and he did not get any acknowledgement yet.could you please tell me is the 7 years route still available and how long it normally takes to process by the home office.both parents are on asylum and they refusing them again and again.thanks and regards Ijaz

warrenlgrant
Newly Registered

Re: Family visa

Post by warrenlgrant » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:16 pm

There is such a thing as the 7 year route but it applies only to the child and not to the parents so if the Home Office considers that the parents should go back home the child will go with them unless the child can show that it will not be reasonable for him/her to leave the UK to live abroad. Look at para 276ADE of the Immigration Rules. I have successfully appealed against such a decision on behalf of adult clients with a child who had been here for 7 years by arguing "best interests" of the child. The downside if I can call it that is that the parents' future in the UK is dependent upon their child meaning that they are on the 10 year route, applying every 2.5 years and paying visa plu NHS fees for each family member.

ijaz75ak
Newly Registered

Family visa applicatio March 2018

Post by ijaz75ak » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 pm

hi friends today I am sharing the time line for my family visa application which I filed in March 2108.
Type of application:FLR(FP)
Date Of Application:27/03/2018
Receive date:28/03/2018
Fee deduction:03/04/2018
Ackn Recv Date:11/04/2018 (dated 09/04/2018)
Biometric letter:11/04/2018(dated 09/04/2018)
Biometric Taken:14/04/2018