ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skardovian
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by skardovian » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:01 pm

eejay wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 pm
waiting with 45 points 47k base pay. Trying since December. No response from HR yet
Same here..waiting and trying since december at 45.
[\quote]

anilisanil
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anilisanil » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Only since Dec 2017 did the minimum score bump from 21.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... #june-2017

Multiple reasons can cause this and we can only guess.

Going by the posts even April's minimum score is 46.

I am equally concerned as I am currently at 45 and hoping to apply for May quota.

anilisanil
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anilisanil » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:10 pm

skardovian wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:01 pm
eejay wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 pm
waiting with 45 points 47k base pay. Trying since December. No response from HR yet
Same here..waiting and trying since december at 45.
[\quote]
When you say trying does it mean that you are being rejected and you are reapplying each month or you applied in December with 45 score and are still waiting. Sorry I have no experience of this and trying to get a grasp of the situation

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:12 pm

hopeful4000 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:38 pm
sad state but I hope the nurses pause a bit and let the people here get through for a month - they can come in any month they like so we may be better off appealing to the nurses who are coming in - they will be more caring !
I’m sorry but nursing is an extremely important profession, they shouldn’t be told to wait to give others a chance at coming in (not that they should anyway - anyone that’s ever worked in healthcare in the NHS knows that there’s a severe crisis of not enough nurses that’s hurting patient care - stopping the flow of nurses is certainly NOT the option, although I would like to see them exempt from the quota each month).

I completely understand that for all of us anger is a normal response to the stressful and uncertain situation we’re in. However, what we also need to remember is that nobody is forcing us to do this, we’ve all applied completely voluntarily, and continue to do so by our own choice.

We all applied knowing how the process worked (whether it’s a good process or not is not is another issue), and the information is all out there. And even if we didn’t know this issue would be happening when we first started applying, we certainly do now and continue to apply by our own choice. Heck there are hundreds of posters here that have only started applying in past 1-2 months but were reading this forum for a long time previously - they knew of the issue with the points but still applied by their own choice, nobody forcing them.

Nobody has any God given right to just be given a visa to another country, despite how much good impact I’m sure we all believe we could make there. That is just the bottom line. The UK has a system in place. Do I believe it’s a good system? No, but it’s their system and we’re all aware of it and have made a voluntary choice to keep putting ourselves through it. The worry and anxiety is absolutely justified, but the anger at the system and anger that there are no changes is not because the UK do not have any responsibility to make changes to help us...people that aren’t even citizens of the country.

Visha0186
Newly Registered
India

Post by Visha0186 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:14 pm

I am also waiting at 45k Salary and no response from HR yet

Albagroup
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Albagroup » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:35 pm

canadarox wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:50 pm
I think we need to bring this to the attention of the media.
Anyone interested in starting a petition on https://www.change.org/?
Hello everyone,I am an employer with four rejections in 4 months.I appreciate that some of guys have been waiting for about 5 months.I ve been sponsoring employees since 2011 and this is the first time that this has happened.It is frustrating ..yes!!but it is not going to change unless we take an initiative.
The conservative government does not want to increase the number of net migration to make their numbers look good.So Caroline Nokes the immigration minister had rejected the idea of shortage occupation to be considered outside the annual allocation limit of 20800 RCos.The last thing they want is businesses getting effected because of this.The truth is that it is the 5th month in a row that the allocation limit has been exceeded and businesses are getting affected!!!.Furthermore you guys are the last people they want to seen as stopping from entering the country as you guys are going to positively contribute to the economy.The last thing they want to seen is thier migration policy failing valuable members .If you doubt any of this please google the interview Caroline Nokes had given in January 2018 shortly after she had assumed power.I know this as you the people in this forum know more than some of the immigration solicitors dealing in your cases.
My MSP already is aware of the situation .If you get your employers to contact me directly ,perhaps togeather we could submit a petition for change.
Are you guys interested ???

Albagroup
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Albagroup » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:58 pm

canadarox wrote:
Canadarox,Well done mate.Very objective and very good leadership quality.Your employer will find himself lucky to have you mate.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Abhay0811 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 pm
canadarox wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:42 pm
I don't understand why so many people are all of a sudden applying for this visa as well. What's the deal?
Because there is no Tier in 2 ICT Short term visa ... So if some one is looking to apply for under Tier 2 there there are 2 choices ... ICT and General. Since there is no ICT short term visa and the minimum salary requirement for ICT long term is £42k ... Employers & employees are applying for Tier 2 ge real visa for their own benefits. Hence the number of applicant has seen a sudden spike so has the cut off point.
Good point, seems very valid

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:25 pm

lovejindal wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 pm
:roll: My salary was over 60k per annum in non shortage occupation, but i got email from my employer that my COS has been rejected as I am not meeting the required points. Guys I am amazed . :shock: Do you know what could be the reason for rejection. My employer is not saying me anything.
if you hv 60k+, your job should be 60 points........ hard to believe! is the market test expired actually???
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

anilisanil
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by anilisanil » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:29 pm

sptula wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:24 pm
Abhay0811 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 pm
canadarox wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:42 pm
I don't understand why so many people are all of a sudden applying for this visa as well. What's the deal?
Because there is no Tier in 2 ICT Short term visa ... So if some one is looking to apply for under Tier 2 there there are 2 choices ... ICT and General. Since there is no ICT short term visa and the minimum salary requirement for ICT long term is £42k ... Employers & employees are applying for Tier 2 ge real visa for their own benefits. Hence the number of applicant has seen a sudden spike so has the cut off point.
Good point, seems very valid
but it doesn't add up as the cut off is persisting at 45+ and going by above logic, T2G will be preferable to employers if the salary was less than 42k? Which means surplus pressure added, if any, would be to the ones who are rejected, no?

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by canadarox » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:39 pm

If we can get this organised even to bring it to the attention of people ... it would make some difference I hope. I know everyone brings something different to the table. We all have our own stories and reasons for wanting to be in the UK. I think the key here is wanting. We are skilled individuals who want to live in England and contribute to society. We are even willing to pay the costs (ie. health care surcharge) for an opportunity. I think it would help getting some individual stories out there and plead our case.

An exception needs to be made for those that make less than <50K who are no way going to qualify for Tier 2 anytime soon. OR something needs to be done to get someone to look at the immigration policy and bring it up to speed.

I also understand why this system is in place. Every country wants to protect its borders and control flow of immigration. This is fine. I have no issues with that. My issue is that I work for the NHS. Very few make >50K. Especially newly qualified staff. Everyone knows the NHS is short-staffed and in a crises across the board and in particular winter months. It's getting much worse and will continue to do so as EU citizens are leaving the UK at record numbers. Who's going to suffer? At the end of the day it is the patients.

The problem is the current immigration policy is in favour of those who make a very comfortable salary. It's downright unfair and wrong.

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by canadarox » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Idiot spammer wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:35 pm
canadarox wrote:
Hello everyone,I am an employer with four rejections in 4 months.I appreciate that some of guys have been waiting for about 5 months.I ve been sponsoring employees since 2011 and this is the first time that this has happened.It is frustrating ..yes!!but it is not going to change unless we take an initiative.
The conservative government does not want to increase the number of net migration to make their numbers look good.So Caroline Nokes the immigration minister had rejected the idea of shortage occupation to be considered outside the annual allocation limit of 20800 RCos.The last thing they want is businesses getting effected because of this.The truth is that it is the 5th month in a row that the allocation limit has been exceeded and businesses are getting affected!!!.Furthermore you guys are the last people they want to seen as stopping from entering the country as you guys are going to positively contribute to the economy.The last thing they want to seen is thier migration policy failing valuable members .If you doubt any of this please google the interview Caroline Nokes had given in January 2018 shortly after she had assumed power.I know this as you the people in this forum know more than some of the immigration solicitors dealing in your cases.
My MSP already is aware of the situation .If you get your employers to contact me directly ,perhaps togeather we could submit a petition for change.
I think if we can get some support from some prominent members and get 10,000 signatures. Parliament can then discuss this in the house (https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/check). We need to however create and put fourth a valid argument.

Someone has tried before https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/211456 but was dismissed.

Albagroup
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Albagroup » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:57 pm

canadarox wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 pm
Idiot spammer wrote:
canadarox wrote:
I think if we can get some support from some prominent members and get 10,000 signatures. Parliament can then discuss this in the house (https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/check). We need to however create and put fourth a valid argument.

Someone has tried before https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/211456 but was dismissed.
Canadarox,I will look into it.I've got a bright sharp chap working for me.I ll update you once I have something .

Jabba03
Australia

Post by Jabba03 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:11 am

Hoping the rest of you at 50 points hear back good answers very soon as you should considering most others at that points have received the approval.

I Guess the good news is last month it capped at 60 and at least the back log at 55 and 50 have no been taken care of this month, it will likely take 1-2 months to clear the 45 back log and then hopefully reach the mid 30's before the certificates are limited again.

I am going to try till June then will likely leave it as not meant to be.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:27 am

tej_san wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 pm
JalajArora wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:12 pm
Guys need some help.

I was on a Tier 2 Short term (1 year) visa valid from sept 2016 - sept 2017. According to new rules on April 1 2017- Tier 2 ICT SHORT TERM visa was pushed off by the UK govt. Need to check am I facing any kind of cooling period ?
I think 12 month cooling off period applies when switching from ICT to General. I am still not very sure. Can someone please confirm?
12 months cooling applies here
Similar to my case I was there in UK on T2 ICT Short term 17 May 2016 till 30 Apr 2017 (I returned on this date although my visa was valid till 17 May 2017) and eligible to apply for Tier 2 General with RCOS on 1 May 2018

and Hence JalajArora is eligible on Oct 2018 unless he travelled back earlier.

If I am not wrong, you got you RCOS yesterday...so to keep it alive and use it there is a way.

hopeful4000
India

Post by hopeful4000 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:50 am

hope the backlog of 50 plus has been cleared and in may we actually see 45 getting cleared. by the analysis this is the backlog only of march as in feb the cut off was 46. so people who applied in march and had 50 points were the only ones who got approved in april , the biggest batch is now in the 45 bracket so it depends on how many new 50 plus and shortage occupations apply in May hope the number of new 50 plus in may is low so that the points drop off else this could be a big issue for the 40s and below for a long time excruciating days a quick qn how many people with 45 points are here - this could give an idea of the backlog as this is only a sample

Sadsadsad
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Sadsadsad » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:34 am

canadarox wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 pm
Idiot spammer wrote:
canadarox wrote:

Id love to submit a petition with you

krithi1984
India

Post by krithi1984 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:14 am

MikeyTier2 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:43 am
Refused 45 points non shortage.
Plan B Entrepreneurs visa.
Good luck to everyone for next month 🤘
Hi

Do you know what is the eligibility criteria for that .

I am working in UK in a dependent visa (ICT- Long Term) for the past 4 years , do you have any idea whether I am eligible to apply if I have enough funds on my personal bank account and apply for this visa and work for the same company where I am currently working.

My company is willing to sponsor , They are trying from Jan and got rejected since I am having 37 points , they don't have enough fund to increase my salary . I am finding way to continue my stay in UK. if you thought I am eligible to apply for this visa please let me aware.

With Regards
Krithiga

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:19 am

krithi1984 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:14 am
MikeyTier2 wrote:
Hi

I am working in UK in a dependent visa (ICT- Long Term) for the past 4 years , do you have any idea whether I am eligible to apply if I have enough funds on my personal bank account and apply for this visa and work for the same company where I am currently working.

My company is willing to sponsor , They are trying from Jan and got rejected since I am having 37 points , they don't have enough fund to increase my salary . I am finding way to continue my stay in UK. if you thought I am eligible to apply for this visa please let me aware.

With Regards
Krithiga
There are strict requirements for an entrepreneur visa (its to start a business) and no, you cannot get this visa and continue working for your current employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

worldlukie
Mood:
Australia

Post by worldlukie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:19 am
krithi1984 wrote:
MikeyTier2 wrote:
Hi

With Regards
Krithiga
There are strict requirements for an entrepreneur visa (its to start a business) and no, you cannot get this visa and continue working for your current employer.
You need £50,000 and have a really good business plan.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:24 am

worldlukie wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:23 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:19 am
krithi1984 wrote:
MikeyTier2 wrote:
Hi

With Regards
Krithiga
You need £50,000 and have a really good business plan.
It is £200,000. The £50,000 route is only open to specific visa categories and only under very strict conditions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

worldlukie
Mood:
Australia

Post by worldlukie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:03 am

Hi Guy's,

waiting on 50 points, although ive enjoyed the 6 month holliday, does this mean everyone on 50 points is through??

Aussie guy.

noble2004
India

Post by noble2004 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 am

Which salary usually will put for RCoS application? Base Salary or Gross salary?

worldlukie
Mood:
Australia

Post by worldlukie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:09 pm

noble2004 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 am
Which salary usually will put for RCoS application? Base Salary or Gross salary?
Gross!

noble2004
India

Post by noble2004 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:14 pm

worldlukie wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:09 pm
noble2004 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 am
Gross!
Thanks for the update.