ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smacky123
Newly Registered

please help

Post by smacky123 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:21 pm

has anyone been in a similar situation? i came to the uk when i was 17 yrs , 12 years ago.I applied for asylum and this has been rejected. i have exhausted all the appeals. i have in the meantime met my someone but have not been living with them. HO have told me to go back to my country to apply for entry clearance. Question is are they jut trying to get rid of me? what are the chances of getting fiance/spousal visa considering i have applied for asylum and been rejected?

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:04 am

Not sure which country you applied for asylum as from but my boyfriend tried to claim asylum as a Kosovan and his application and appeals all got rejected. He ended up staying illegally in the UK for 6 years until he was stopped by the police one time and removed from the UK and sent back to Albania. We decided to get married in Albania in December 2007 and he applied from there for a spouse visa to come back to the UK legally which he got, despite his past as a failed asylum seeker! Furthermore his brother was also sent back at the same time and he got a fiancé visa through his British girlfriend and his brother also had the same failed asylum history in the UK. So, it can be done! Good luck with whatever u decide to do!!

smacky123
Newly Registered

Post by smacky123 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:35 pm

i applied from kenya. thanks for your mail it has given me some hope. i come from kenya. i will leave voluntarily and try to come back, hopefully it will be succeessful.

martha

Post by martha » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Yes, you can be succesful getting a fiance/spouse visa if previously a failed assylum seeker.
But you need to understand that you arent guaranteed it.
My husband went home under such circumstances but was told he stood 50/50 chance of getting a spouse visa. He did however get his. it depends on the Embassy interviewer to some extent.
But the HO have advised you correctly. Applying here you could wait several years, and will probably be refused anyway.
Just wanted to point this out to you.
Hope it works out for you.