ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa approved after administrative review refusal.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Omol
Newly Registered
Virgin Islands - British

Tier 2 visa application refused due to wrong CoS issued by my employer, need HELP URGENTLY! PLEASE

Post by Omol » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi everyone, I have read about the success stories of others on this platform, please I would be happy if you can advise me regarding my issue. Got refusal letter from the HO that wrong CoS was issued for me (unrestricted) instead of restricted CoS because I am switching from tier 4 dependant category to tier 2 migrant within the UK. They gave me 14days for AR but I am quite sure it's not the HO mistake. My employer had requested for urgent restricted CoS but we've haven't heard from the HO, the AR 14days grace will elapse on Saturday. Please what should I do. Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

crazy_p
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 visa application refused due to wrong CoS issued by my employer, need HELP URGENTLY! PLEASE

Post by crazy_p » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi mate,

Not sure i am giving you a helpful information. If not, I am sorry. As I know the stress of these events, just tryna direct you to a path. But not sure this will work with RCoS.

Once you make a cos allocation request, you can make it prioritised (To get a decision within 5 working days) by paying 200£ extra. This has to be done by the HR (Or the level 1 user) of the company. Try the below link. This worked for a UCoS and they granted the CoS within one day. But I am not sure this will work for RCoS. Hope this will be useful.

Have a check and if the sponsor is happy and fulfils the requirements, give it a go!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ce-service

Good luck and wish you all the best!

UPDATE: My bad, it will not work for RCoS unfortunately! Just saw the text. Sorry!

"You can only apply for this service if you are an A-rated Tier 2 or 5 licensed sponsor. This service does not apply to restricted certificates of sponsorship"

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 visa application refused due to wrong CoS issued by my employer, need HELP URGENTLY! PLEASE

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Omol wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:34 pm
Hi everyone, I have read about the success stories of others on this platform, please I would be happy if you can advise me regarding my issue. Got refusal letter from the HO that wrong CoS was issued for me (unrestricted) instead of restricted CoS because I am switching from tier 4 dependant category to tier 2 migrant within the UK. They gave me 14days for AR but I am quite sure it's not the HO mistake. My employer had requested for urgent restricted CoS but we've haven't heard from the HO, the AR 14days grace will elapse on Saturday. Please what should I do. Thanks in advance for your suggestion.
Has your Tier 4 dependent visa expired?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Omol
Newly Registered
Virgin Islands - British

Post by Omol » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:26 am

Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate it. @Djsuccess, my tier 4 dependant visa expired in January 30th but I made the application before expiration. I was sent an exceptional letter exactly when the application was 8weeks that The case worker needed more time. Later on, a refusal letter was sent. Please help!!!. Thanks

Omol
Newly Registered
Virgin Islands - British

Post by Omol » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:00 am

Please all, how long does it take urgent RCoS to be issued?

Omol
Newly Registered
Virgin Islands - British

Tier 2 visa approved after administrative review refusal.

Post by Omol » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:19 pm

This forum really helped me alot, and I have come back to share my good news.
My tier 2 visa application was refused on the 5th of April 2018 alongside my 3 dependants due to wrong COS my employer issued for me (unrestricted instead of restricted CoS as I was a tier 4 dependant switching category).
My timeline goes thus:
In-time application: January 23 2018
Visa expired: January 30 2018
Visa refusal: April 5 2018 (decision date)
Refusal letter refused: April 9 2018
My employer applied for urgent restricted CoS via SMS on the 11th of April, HOME office replied that it will be consider in the month of May. I applied for administrative review in the 17th of April to buy time.
Administrative review decision came out on the 15th of May negative. Fortunately my restricted CoS was granted the same day (15th May).
I made fresh application with my 3 dependants on the 18th of May. Biometric was done on the 21st of May. Visa was approved on the 30th of May, documents and brp received on the 1st of June.
Thanks to the ADMINS and moderators of this wonderful forum.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 visa approved after administrative review refusal.

Post by balu04vn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:55 pm

what is your salary?

Omol
Newly Registered
Virgin Islands - British

Re: Tier 2 visa approved after administrative review refusal.

Post by Omol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:32 am

Am on shortage occupation list.