ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Set(m) 5 Years Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR - Set(m) 5 Years Route

Post by alsanober » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:17 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:29 am
It takes 3-4 weeks on average
3-4 weeks to receive acknowledgment letter, is that when they received the application or when payments gets cleared. it will be two weeks tomorrow that payment is cleared. I think I am going to start to panic now and will start making calls/email..? don't know where to start.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:59 am

From payment being cleared. Sometimes it takes bit longer
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:15 am

zimba88 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:59 am
From payment being cleared. Sometimes it takes bit longer
I appreciate it can take longer but my employer will only accept a letter from Home Office with a reference number. i don't want to ring home office customer service as i know they are useless.

i have got till 12th May

so dont know?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 am

You still have almost a month before your visa expires, which means you are allowed to work without providing evidence of a submitted application to your employer.

Suggest that if you have not received any form of letter by 4th May, then call HO.

If you are that anxious, perhaps you should have applied in person for a same day decision if your finances permitted it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:41 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 am
You still have almost a month before your visa expires, which means you are allowed to work without providing evidence of a submitted application to your employer.

Suggest that if you have not received any form of letter by 4th May, then call HO.

If you are that anxious, perhaps you should have applied in person for a same day decision if your finances permitted it.
I would have love to apply in person but of course finance is an issue. I might be able to upgrade it by end of next month if i have an option but for now i am a bit worried.

yes i will ring HO if i haven't received it by 4th.

I am allowed to work till expiry date, they want a letter before that.

Thanks

Faizan

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Wed May 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi,

I was just thinking about this handling of the Windrush scandal. Do you guys think it will slow down handling the other cases and Windrush might take priority...?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 02, 2018 2:15 pm

alsanober wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:52 pm
Hi,

I was just thinking about this handling of the Windrush scandal. Do you guys think it will slow down handling the other cases and Windrush might take priority...?
Not relevant at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Wed May 02, 2018 2:18 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:15 pm
alsanober wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:52 pm
Hi,

Not relevant at all
ok, Thanks