ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling with a card that looks similar to an article 10 RC - Portugal -> UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

evginy_209
Newly Registered
India

Traveling with a card that looks similar to an article 10 RC - Portugal -> UK?

Post by evginy_209 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Sudden trip to the UK is coming up in 2 days so no time to apply for the EEA FP.

1. Am Indian married to Portuguese citizen.
2. Living in Portugal with a Family Member of an EU citizen residence card (5 year validity).
3. In Portugal the card issued to family members of Portuguese citizens and family members of EU citizens looks exactly the same.
4. Technically it's not an article 10 RC but looks exactly like that.

Need to travel (with spouse) to the UK for a quick 5 day trip. As I understand we do have the right of free movement together so in theory such travel should be permissible.

I plan to carry our marriage certificate, etc. Pretty sure the airlines would let us on since their systems clearly say article 10 rc's are okay and what I have looks exactly like that.

Problems at the border? Any opinions/experiences?

jackinthebox
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Traveling with a card that looks similar to an article 10 RC - Portugal -> UK?

Post by jackinthebox » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 pm

My partner has an Article 15 residence card and I'm wondering the same thing.

Let us know how it goes/went for you if you can.