ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age matters

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anothertrekker
Newly Registered

Age matters

Post by anothertrekker » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:54 am

Hi,

I searched CIC trying to get an answer but I can't find it.

My partner & I submitted our application in March 2008. My partner turns 50 end of this year. When CIC processes our application, will they look at my partner's age at the time of application submission? It may take CIC 4 years before processing our application & our points would have dropped because my partner would be 54 years old.

Appreciate some help.

Cheers!

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:29 am

I am not particularly an expert but from my own reading into the process (I am a British citizen looking to apply as a skilled worker to move to Canada) the points are awarded based on the age at the time of the application, not when the application is processed. So, if he was 49 or under at the time of the application he should get the maximum 10 points even if he’s over that age by the time the application is processed. That’s what I understand from the rules.

anothertrekker
Newly Registered

Post by anothertrekker » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:48 am

Appreciate your answer. It gives us some hope...provided CIC doesn't change the rules w.r.t age.

Cheers!
AT