ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC from New Zealand

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nznewbie
Newly Registered

Post by nznewbie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Can anyone please answer my query please.

When they say "previous passports required". Does this only apply to previous passports of the last 10 yrs ?? So if we apply for EC in 2008, then show passport from (1998 to 2008) ??

The reason i ask is because i migrated to NZ with my family in 1993 and since then got my NZ citizenship in 1999.....So i don't have my previous passport (1998 and earlier) as i've already taken up NZ citizenship.

Thanks very much....

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:56 am

isnt the above notes for the New HSMP Tier 1 applications tho.. my friends back home in NZ have less than 2800GBP in their accounts (in NZ dollars) and have had their EC approved within the last month. I think if you have at least $5000NZD and details about how you are going to look for work, accomodation sorted and airfares paid for they take this into consideration as well.
Yes, at the moment, there is no fixed amount required to meet the maintenance requirement. Tier 1 is not in force in NZ yet. Under the current arrangement, they seem to have more discretion in deciding whether or not an applicant meets the maintenance requirement. I am sure the British High Commission in NZ have set their own informal requirements, however. That will change when the Tier 1 system comes into force. Under Tier 1, the requirements have been set quite clearly at 2800GBP.
nznewbie wrote:When they say "previous passports required". Does this only apply to previous passports of the last 10 yrs ??
I dont know the answer to that. I was planning to send my current passport (issued 2008) and my previous passport (issued in 2003). That only covers 5 years. I have no idea what happened to my passports prior to that.

hsmpkiwi2
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpkiwi2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:37 pm

niw2 wrote:
isnt the above notes for the New HSMP Tier 1 applications tho.. my friends back home in NZ have less than 2800GBP in their accounts (in NZ dollars) and have had their EC approved within the last month. I think if you have at least $5000NZD and details about how you are going to look for work, accomodation sorted and airfares paid for they take this into consideration as well.
Yes, at the moment, there is no fixed amount required to meet the maintenance requirement. Tier 1 is not in force in NZ yet. Under the current arrangement, they seem to have more discretion in deciding whether or not an applicant meets the maintenance requirement. I am sure the British High Commission in NZ have set their own informal requirements, however. That will change when the Tier 1 system comes into force. Under Tier 1, the requirements have been set quite clearly at 2800GBP.
That makes sense.

Does anyone know if the EC funds requirements are the same for a Working Holiday Visa as for HSMP?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:11 am

Have a good look around the BIA web site and youll probably find your answer.

hsmpkiwi2
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpkiwi2 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:40 am

A qestion regarding the proof of income:

They request tax return and payslips.

I've been away from NZ for most of the last 4 years - AFAIK we do not do a tax return in NZ - I don't even think there are any forms they send out?

What have others done here? provided a suitable explanation? (like what?)

My employer does not issue payslips either so looks like I will have to send a letter and bank statements.

nznewbie
Newly Registered

Post by nznewbie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:08 am

Hi hsmpkiwi2

When did you apply for HSMP ??

I applied on 22nd Feb and application received by HO on 27th Feb.

With regards to your question. Are you asking about EC or HSMP ??

My employer doesn't provide pay slips either and i can't get a tax return either as IRD doesn't provide it...

So what i submitted as evidence is:
1) Tax summary for period claimed (provided by IRD)
2) Bank statements
3) Letter from employer stating how much was earned for the claimed period (monthly breakdown of salary earned).

Hope this helps

hsmpkiwi2
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpkiwi2 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:28 am

Thanks, I haven't applied yet - are you still waiting to get yours back?

I'll get a tax summary then - did you request it directly from the IRD?

nznewbie
Newly Registered

Post by nznewbie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi hsmpkiwi2

I just got an email from HO saying that they have made a decision on my case. Am so nervous to see if it was approved.

Yeah, i got IRD to write up a tax summary for me. Hope that works....Since i couldn't get the 12months summary from IRD i asked for exceptional consideration instead (12 months bank statement and letter from employer)

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:56 am

nznewbie wrote:Hi hsmpkiwi2

I just got an email from HO saying that they have made a decision on my case. Am so nervous to see if it was approved.

Yeah, i got IRD to write up a tax summary for me. Hope that works....Since i couldn't get the 12months summary from IRD i asked for exceptional consideration instead (12 months bank statement and letter from employer)
Hey mate,

Glad to hear your application is well under way. Can you give us an update when you hear anything?

I dont have 12 months payslips (because I foolishly threw many of them away before I started keeping them for my HSMP application) so I will be sending 12 months of bank statements, a letter from my employer stating my income over the period claimed for, and a copy of my Summary of Earnings provided by the IRD (available on request). I expect I will not have any trouble if I provide these materials.

AFAIK we do not do a tax return in NZ - I don't even think there are any forms they send out?
Regarding this point, the guidance notes to the HSMP application state:
Definition of a tax return
52. The term ‘tax return’ may denote any of the
following:
• a document generated by a tax authority, which shows details of
declarable taxable income on which tax has been paid or is to be paid in a tax year (e.g. tax refund letter or demand);

• a document generated by your employer for the purposes of an official
return to a tax authority, showing details of earnings on which tax has
been paid in a tax year (e.g. P60 in the UK);

• a document generated by yourself/the business/the company for the purposes of an official return to a tax authority, showing details of your earnings on which tax has been paid/is to be paid in a tax year, which has been 'approved/registered/stamped' by the tax authority e.g. SARAL in India.

Self-certified tax documents, which you
have completed yourself are not
acceptable.
The documents that the NZ IRD can provide us appear to satisfy these requirements.

nznewbie
Newly Registered

Post by nznewbie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:56 am

Hey mate,

Glad to hear your application is well under way. Can you give us an update when you hear anything?

I dont have 12 months payslips (because I foolishly threw many of them away before I started keeping them for my HSMP application) so I will be sending 12 months of bank statements, a letter from my employer stating my income over the period claimed for, and a copy of my Summary of Earnings provided by the IRD (available on request). I expect I will not have any trouble if I provide these materials.

Hi Niw2

Are your bank statements originals? I stopped the bank sending me monthly statements to save on bank charges ages ago. So had to go and get reprints from the bank but they were on A4 sheets so had to get the personnel at the bank to stamp and sign each single piece of sheet!!!!

I've just emaile MBE Sheffield to pick up my documents (ref. no. 2532**). Will update on here once i receive the documents.

Good luck to everyone else!!!!

mmh
Newly Registered

Post by mmh » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Hello,

I am in preparation for the initial HSMP application, could anyone please kindly clarify for me... for the point I am claiming for my education (Bachelor degree from University of Auckland), do I need to obtain a letter from NARIC confirming it is equivalent to the UK bachelor degree?

Thanks heaps,
MMH

britches
Newly Registered

Post by britches » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:00 pm

mmh wrote:Hello,

I am in preparation for the initial HSMP application, could anyone please kindly clarify for me... for the point I am claiming for my education (Bachelor degree from University of Auckland), do I need to obtain a letter from NARIC confirming it is equivalent to the UK bachelor degree?

Thanks heaps,
MMH
I didn't get one for my bachelor's degree at University of Canterbury and I passed. I think it's only for those institiutions or course of study that's not internationally recognised. University of Auckland is well-known so I wouldn't bother. Hope that helps ;o)

nznewbie
Newly Registered

Post by nznewbie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:48 am

Just got my visa documents back yesterday :)

Approval was made on 23rd April :)

Best of luck to everyone else applying. Applying for EC now :)
nznewbie wrote:Hi hsmpkiwi2

When did you apply for HSMP ??

I applied on 22nd Feb and application received by HO on 27th Feb.

With regards to your question. Are you asking about EC or HSMP ??

My employer doesn't provide pay slips either and i can't get a tax return either as IRD doesn't provide it...

So what i submitted as evidence is:
1) Tax summary for period claimed (provided by IRD)
2) Bank statements
3) Letter from employer stating how much was earned for the claimed period (monthly breakdown of salary earned).

Hope this helps

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:20 am

Nice one, so it was pretty much bang-on one month from start to finish.
Are your bank statements originals? I stopped the bank sending me monthly statements to save on bank charges ages ago. So had to go and get reprints from the bank but they were on A4 sheets so had to get the personnel at the bank to stamp and sign each single piece of sheet!!!!
I am in the same boat. I was extremely annoyed when the bank told me that they "cant" print out originals on bank letterhead. I dont expect there will be any problem if they are signed by a bank officer though. Point out that this has been done on your application letter, just to be sure, I suppose.

custodian

Post by custodian » Sun May 04, 2008 10:54 am

I am still waiting for my HSMP approval but I have a question on EC from New Zealand.

They ask for the current passport and previous passport too. I do not have my previous passport with me (miss-placed I think)

Anybody here who has successfully got EC without the previous passport being submitted? :?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:50 am

I cant answer your question but somebody at the British High Commission here in NZ can no doubt help you out. They have an 0900 number for that sort of thing. I cant remember what the number is but if you call the number on the british high commission NZ website, theyll tell you what the question/answer 0900 number is.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:45 am

Well, I sent my HSMP application last week. Took 3 days to get there by courier and has been allocated a reference number.

Anybody else apply recently from NZ?

custodian

Post by custodian » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:02 am

I've scheduled a biometric appointment in Wellington next week.

The only documents that I'll be sending with my EC application will be
1. The print-out of the online form (paid online)
2. Original bank statement showing funds for the last 3 months
3. HSMP Letter original
4. Passport original

I hope they'll get the biometric information directly from the biometric centre.

Can experienced people let me know if i'm missing anything from my list?
Thanks heaps in advance.

slowrie
Newly Registered

Post by slowrie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 pm

I think you should have a look at

http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/vis ... smp-letter

I received EC at the beginning of July under the old system. The only extra things I sent in were the biometric appointment form as they will stamp it for you when you go for your appointment. I also included my flight details to the UK so the knew I was on a tight deadline and also when to date the visa for.

Probably the biggest points to note from the link above is that bank statements cannot be more then 7 days old when the consulate receives them and the conversion rate used from Oanda must be from the rate on the last day of the statement.

Good luck, they are quite quick mine took 8 days from courier to being emailed the approval and tracking number for the courier my passport was in.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:41 pm

8 days? Thats fantastic, I will be applying when I get HSMP approval, which might not be for another month or two at the current rate of progress.

custodian

Post by custodian » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:23 am

Thanks... slowrie

I've noted all your points and have everything set. Just waiting for the biometrics appointment and will then get a fresh bank statement and apply.

8 days is a fantastic turnaround time for an EC in New Zealand... !

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:42 am

What does the biometrics appointment involve? what happens?

fraser
Newly Registered

Post by fraser » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:12 am

You go in and basically they take a photo of you and scan you fingers, similar to when you travel through the USA. Its pretty straight forward and only took me about 10 minutes, spent more time in the reception waiting for my appointment time to come up.

custodian

Post by custodian » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:13 am

I did my biometrics yesterday. Just took me 5 mins because I had the first appointment for the day. :lol:

They make you sit on a chair, take your finger prints and then make you face the camera and they take a non-smiling photograph of you. And then you're done. :D

Have couriered my EC documents to the British High Commission Wellington today. Waiting for my EC to arrive now. :roll:

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:54 am

Is there any reason why you couldnt do your biometrics appointment before you had received your HSMP approval letter?

Im thinking that once my partner and I are informed (by email) that our applications have been approved, we could book our biometrics appointment and get that done while we wait for the HSMP letter to arrive.