ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) specific questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hereorthere
Newly Registered
Canada

Set (O) specific questions

Post by hereorthere » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi all,

I will be eligible for ILR in 6 weeks (tier 2 route) and am currently gathering documents and filling in the Set (O) form. I have a few questions which I have been unable to find definitive answers to by searching on the forum-apologies however if these have been asked before.

1) On the Set(O) form, section 5.6 where it asks for the rate of pay for the SOC code- is this the actual one stated in the codes of practice (£27,000 for me) or the effective minimum threshold for tier 2 ILR (i.e. £35,500)

2) In section 12A of the Set (O) form, under "knowledge of language and life in the UK" the form indicates you are required to tick two boxes to confirm that you have a) a Life in the UK test pass notification and b) a relevant speaking and listening qualification. I am Canadian and therefore exempt from needing a language qualification. Do I still need to tick the second box, even though I will not be providing one? I clicked on the link in the form but the link is broken (say "page not found") so I cannot check whether this is explained in the guidance that is meant to be in that link.

3) Similarly, the documents list at the back of the form asks whether you are submitting an English language speaking and listening qualification. Should I then leave this blank?

4) Lastly, my previous employer has refused to sign a letter detailing my absences from the UK, as they say they cannot verify where I went for annual leave. They will only give me a letter that details my work absences, and states that "all absences from the UK were in line with the employee annual leave policy". Will this be ok? Has anyone had issues submitting a letter from their employer which did not set out each and every absence in detail?

Thank you in advance for the help.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Set (O) specific questions

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 am

hereorthere wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:54 pm
Hi all,

I will be eligible for ILR in 6 weeks (tier 2 route) and am currently gathering documents and filling in the Set (O) form. I have a few questions which I have been unable to find definitive answers to by searching on the forum-apologies however if these have been asked before.

1) On the Set(O) form, section 5.6 where it asks for the rate of pay for the SOC code- is this the actual one stated in the codes of practice (£27,000 for me) or the effective minimum threshold for tier 2 ILR (i.e. £35,500)

the one stated in the codes of practice

2) In section 12A of the Set (O) form, under "knowledge of language and life in the UK" the form indicates you are required to tick two boxes to confirm that you have a) a Life in the UK test pass notification and b) a relevant speaking and listening qualification. I am Canadian and therefore exempt from needing a language qualification. Do I still need to tick the second box, even though I will not be providing one? I clicked on the link in the form but the link is broken (say "page not found") so I cannot check whether this is explained in the guidance that is meant to be in that link.

3) Similarly, the documents list at the back of the form asks whether you are submitting an English language speaking and listening qualification. Should I then leave this blank?

Yes.

4) Lastly, my previous employer has refused to sign a letter detailing my absences from the UK, as they say they cannot verify where I went for annual leave. They will only give me a letter that details my work absences, and states that "all absences from the UK were in line with the employee annual leave policy". Will this be ok? Has anyone had issues submitting a letter from their employer which did not set out each and every absence in detail?

better stated that your annual leave (number of days) are paid annual leave in the letter. And This is the matter only if your absence from the UK is job related, in this case your employer must state these were your business trip in the letter. But if your leisure/ family leave, your employer is not necessary to show in the letter. But you should list your leisure/ family leave if you were leaving the UK.
Thus in theory, your private leave outside the UK should not over your days of annual leave

Thank you in advance for the help.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

hereorthere
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Set (O) specific questions

Post by hereorthere » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Thank you!