ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assessing continuous residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ricc
Newly Registered
Finland

Assessing continuous residence

Post by Ricc » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi all,

I would like to apply for permanent residency as EEA citizen (to then apply for UK citizenship) and I would like to do that as soon as possible. Even after reading all the guidance and regulations, I still have some doubts about my continuous residence period.

My timetable is:
UK from July 2013-September 2013 (2.5 months) to do an internship
EEA from September 2013-May 2014 (7.5 months) to finish university and get a degree
UK from May 2014 to now (almost 4 years) to work permanently.

Question: can I start counting my 5 years from July 2013?
I understand that if I leave for more than 6 months (but less than 12) I cannot, unless for an important reason. But study is mentioned as important reason. So, do I have any chance? I am particularly concerned because my university is EEA, not British.

Any help is very much appreciated!

4uvak
United Kingdom

Re: Assessing continuous residence

Post by 4uvak » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 pm

It is indeed mentioned among important reasons. The application costs £65 - this is how much you risk. I would go for it if all other requirement are met.