ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

company merger while extension application in process

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Redtiger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

company merger while extension application in process

Post by Redtiger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Dear Gurus

I will highly appreciate this forum as there is lot of information available for everyone.
I am looking for expert advise of macnarth and zimba and other gurus who can give their valuable opinion about following points.

we are on Tier 1 entrepreneur visa and our application for extension is in process since Oct 2017.
we do IT and management consultancy business which is going good, we have another company as well which is online retail and wholesale business.
Now to minimise operational work and expenses we want to merge both companies we still have clients for our IT & Management business and we want to continue those services as well.
Now we need advice can we merge IT services business and Online retail and wholesale and if yes how it impact on our visa application which is not decided yet. both companies doing really good business.

Note: we claimed investment and job creation in IT and management consultancy firm.

looking for prompt and quick response.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: company merger while extension application in process

Post by marcnath » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Redtiger wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 pm
Dear Gurus

I will highly appreciate this forum as there is lot of information available for everyone.
I am looking for expert advise of macnarth and zimba and other gurus who can give their valuable opinion about following points.

we are on Tier 1 entrepreneur visa and our application for extension is in process since Oct 2017.
we do IT and management consultancy business which is going good, we have another company as well which is online retail and wholesale business.
Now to minimise operational work and expenses we want to merge both companies we still have clients for our IT & Management business and we want to continue those services as well.
Now we need advice can we merge IT services business and Online retail and wholesale and if yes how it impact on our visa application which is not decided yet. both companies doing really good business.

Note: we claimed investment and job creation in IT and management consultancy firm.

That should have no impact on your application process
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Redtiger wrote:
Dear Gurus

My situation is exactly same like your. I confirmed from so many experts and now decided to merge them as well.
Already added business activity on company house and will be start switching the bank account to current company bank account as well.
I even confirmed from home office when I got initial visa but they said you can't do below level 4 business.
Now they are saying that you can do any business you want.
Home office is so much confused about their own policies.

Have you been interviewed yet?

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kaps84 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Merging businesses is a genuine business activity, isn’t it? And is not prohibited in the policy guidance either.

I assume you own both the businesses? And I guess, shouldn’t matter even if you don’t as long as you are a partner and director in the merged company.
-- Kaps84

Redtiger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Redtiger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi
Thanks for your responses. Yes i own both companies. I applied as team. So company in which we claiming points is IT consultancy and in this company me and my team are partners. And in online retail business100% share on my name snd which is vat registerd aswell. So we thinking about merger to expand business and it ll cut our cost massively(accountancy , rent, bills, other operating expenses, time) aswell. So the only purpose of merger is to manage business more efficiently and effectively.

Redtiger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Redtiger » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Momi wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:47 pm
Redtiger wrote:
Dear Gurus

My situation is exactly same like your. I confirmed from so many experts and now decided to merge them as well.
Already added business activity on company house and will be start switching the bank account to current company bank account as well.
I even confirmed from home office when I got initial visa but they said you can't do below level 4 business.

Hi momi
Thanks for your response.
Can you please give detaile how your company merged is it your accountant who did it can you please give me detail about nature of your business you merged and little detail about process how it worked. Looking forward for your response
Regards
redtiger

Redtiger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Redtiger » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:10 am

Momi wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:47 pm
Redtiger wrote:
Dear Gurus