ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krimurthy
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by krimurthy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:22 am

It's better we do something which is in our control. Thanks cali. Have shared my story with BBC through their whats app forum please use this no +44 7555 173285.
Also whatever positive predictions we had in last months all have gone the opposite way ni point calculating what is the backlog at 45 or 40+ . This issue is never going to solve unless government intervenes so try to be realistic.

nshar4
United Kingdom

Post by nshar4 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Would ask as many of you to share your story with BBC at haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk . I have shared mine lets do an effort to end this month on month uncertainty

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by canadarox » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:01 pm

nshar4 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:30 pm
Would ask as many of you to share your story with BBC at haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk . I have shared mine lets do an effort to end this month on month uncertainty
I've shared my story as well!

Does anyone have suggestions for any other media outlets?

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:04 pm

canadarox wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:01 pm
nshar4 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:30 pm
I've shared my story as well!

Does anyone have suggestions for any other media outlets?
I think the Guardian might be a good bet

https://witness.theguardian.com/assignment/submitastory

hopeful4000
India

Post by hopeful4000 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:51 pm

the only ray of hope we have for may is that we get 500 nurses and 500 applicants above 50 and then we have 1000 in the 45 to 50 range we need to check how many here are in that 45 to 50 range and extrapolate that to estimate the chances for may can we do a quick analysis here as we have nothing much to do till may 11 now!

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:59 pm

Idiot spammer wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:20 pm
https://petition.parliament.uk/sponsors ... tBErQwP8Mv

Hi all – Please send these words via email, letter, social media to everyone and politiciuans/news.

Also – here is a link to the petition: https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... 2tKekrlMXL

Dear Reader

By hindering prospective NHS medical practitioners to provide primary/secondary healthcare, the public’s wellbeing and health is being sacrificed by the UK Government. Regardless of one's opinions on Brexit, the Government’s policy decisions on immigration and the NHS are posing a major risk to the health of society and the future of UK businesses. We are at a crucial juncture as skilled, overseas Doctors and General Dentists, those required to support a stricken NHS are being turned away.
Since December 2017, businesses (and inevitably taxpayers) have had to fund the 261.9% increase in salary required for front-line overseas NHS medical practitioners to enter and deliver core primary/secondary health services. For the first time in years the immigration cap has been met. Moreover, for the first time in history the cap has been met for five months in a row. Those required to provide crucial work at the time they are needed the most to meet basic, societal health requirements are prohibited from entering the health system
Action is required in order for businesses to survive and the economy to feel the benefits from professionally skilled high-earners. Of greater importance is that these skilled workers are required to ensure adequate health care is provided, thus:
- Those jobs falling under ‘shortage occupation’ have to be considered out with the annual allocation of Restricted (Tier-2 Non-EU/Overseas) Certificate of Sponsorship

As a sponsoring employer, I have first-hand experience with the successes of previous immigration processes having sponsored many vitally skilled dentists who contribute to the health and wellbeing of society, whilst benefitting the economy in abundance. Since December, I cannot stand idly by whilst patient wellbeing is drastically suffering upon strategic policy decisions overseen by the UK Government and The Rt. Hon. Caroline Nokes MP (Immigration Minister).
The details are as follows. Per Annum, there are 20,700 restricted certificates of sponsorship for employers to sponsor non-EU workers under Tier-2 (General) Visas. The Post-Brexit shortfall of nurses has led to the nursing profession being rightly placed on the shortage occupation list. With the NHS severely under-staffed and under-funded, there is also a major shortage of many medical occupations. So, to declare that the requirements of the shortage occupation list have to be within the total quota is dangerously perilous. The Government’s attempt to rationalise and propagate better immigration numbers comes at the sacrifice to UK businesses, the UK economy, and of gravest concern to myself the wellbeing of society.
This skewed process fundamentally lacks a cogent logic or correlation with the shortage occupation list and the need for other skilled NHS staff. The detrimental impact on UK businesses, employers, the NHS, millions of patients, and the wider public is perilous.

Month
Total Points Required
Salary Required (non-shortage occupation)
Increase in Salary from November 2017
November 2017
£21,000
N/A
December 2017
£55,000
£34,000
January 2018
£46,000
£25,000
February 2018
£45,000
£24,000
March 2018
£56,000
£35,000

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ponsorship
Current issues concerning the Windrush Generation reflect the level of insecurity and polarised hostility engulfing politics and society. Placing patient care at risk is unpalatable. To quote a prospective NHS worker from Canada:
’ I understand why this system is in place. Every country wants to protect its borders and control flow of immigration. This is fine. I have no issues with that. My issue is that I work for the NHS. Very few make >50K. Especially newly qualified staff. Everyone knows the NHS is short-staffed and in a crises across the board and in particular winter months. It's getting much worse and will continue to do so as EU citizens are leaving the UK at record numbers. Who's going to suffer? At the end of the day it is the patients’
Sincerely,
A Concerned Business-Owner and Citizen
Believe me, Govt is very much aware of this situation. No matter whether these emails,petitions,letters sent, they will respond only when decide to review the situation.

Most likely, RCOS cap and approval process wont be reviewed until Immigration deal is agreed part of BREXIT. until then givt can only show empathy to the situation

maticskhadka
Mood:
Nepal

Post by maticskhadka » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:40 pm

Below 30 should start looking for another option. I see no chance. and Yes UK don't want US.

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by canadarox » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:51 am

sptula wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:59 pm
Idiot spammer wrote:

Hi all – Please send these words via email, letter, social media to everyone and politiciuans/news.

Also – here is a link to the petition: https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... 2tKekrlMXL

Dear Reader

By hindering prospective NHS medical practitioners to provide primary/secondary healthcare, the public’s wellbeing and health is being sacrificed by the UK Government. Regardless of one's opinions on Brexit, the Government’s policy decisions on immigration and the NHS are posing a major risk to the health of society and the future of UK businesses. We are at a crucial juncture as skilled, overseas Doctors and General Dentists, those required to support a stricken NHS are being turned away.
Since December 2017, businesses (and inevitably taxpayers) have had to fund the 261.9% increase in salary required for front-line overseas NHS medical practitioners to enter and deliver core primary/secondary health services. For the first time in years the immigration cap has been met. Moreover, for the first time in history the cap has been met for five months in a row. Those required to provide crucial work at the time they are needed the most to meet basic, societal health requirements are prohibited from entering the health system
Action is required in order for businesses to survive and the economy to feel the benefits from professionally skilled high-earners. Of greater importance is that these skilled workers are required to ensure adequate health care is provided, thus:
- Those jobs falling under ‘shortage occupation’ have to be considered out with the annual allocation of Restricted (Tier-2 Non-EU/Overseas) Certificate of Sponsorship

As a sponsoring employer, I have first-hand experience with the successes of previous immigration processes having sponsored many vitally skilled dentists who contribute to the health and wellbeing of society, whilst benefitting the economy in abundance. Since December, I cannot stand idly by whilst patient wellbeing is drastically suffering upon strategic policy decisions overseen by the UK Government and The Rt. Hon. Caroline Nokes MP (Immigration Minister).
The details are as follows. Per Annum, there are 20,700 restricted certificates of sponsorship for employers to sponsor non-EU workers under Tier-2 (General) Visas. The Post-Brexit shortfall of nurses has led to the nursing profession being rightly placed on the shortage occupation list. With the NHS severely under-staffed and under-funded, there is also a major shortage of many medical occupations. So, to declare that the requirements of the shortage occupation list have to be within the total quota is dangerously perilous. The Government’s attempt to rationalise and propagate better immigration numbers comes at the sacrifice to UK businesses, the UK economy, and of gravest concern to myself the wellbeing of society.
This skewed process fundamentally lacks a cogent logic or correlation with the shortage occupation list and the need for other skilled NHS staff. The detrimental impact on UK businesses, employers, the NHS, millions of patients, and the wider public is perilous.

Month
Total Points Required
November 2017
£21,000
N/A
December 2017
£55,000
£34,000
January 2018
£46,000
£25,000
February 2018
£45,000
£24,000
March 2018
£56,000
£35,000

Current issues concerning the Windrush Generation reflect the level of insecurity and polarised hostility engulfing politics and society. Placing patient care at risk is unpalatable. To quote a prospective NHS worker from Canada:
’ I understand why this system is in place. Every country wants to protect its borders and control flow of immigration. This is fine. I have no issues with that. My issue is that I work for the NHS. Very few make >50K. Especially newly qualified staff. Everyone knows the NHS is short-staffed and in a crises across the board and in particular winter months. It's getting much worse and will continue to do so as EU citizens are leaving the UK at record numbers. Who's going to suffer? At the end of the day it is the patients’
Sincerely,
Believe me, Govt is very much aware of this situation. No matter whether these emails,petitions,letters sent, they will respond only when decide to review the situation.

Most likely, RCOS cap and approval process wont be reviewed until Immigration deal is agreed part of BREXIT. until then givt can only show empathy to the situation

10,000 signatures will prompt a response from parliament. That kind of attitude won't help at all. You'd be surprised what people can do when they come together. Also, the public isn't very aware of this situation, it's not being reported as much as it should! So get you're story out. It takes all but 5 minutes and it'll help make a difference no matter how small.

Sadsadsad
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Sadsadsad » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:38 am

The petition page is not opening. Says it's under review
Idiot spammer wrote:

Dear Reader

Month
Total Points Required
November 2017
£21,000
N/A
December 2017
£55,000
£34,000
January 2018
£46,000
£25,000
February 2018
£45,000
£24,000
March 2018
£56,000
£35,000

Sincerely,

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:36 am

maticskhadka wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:40 pm
Below 30 should start looking for another option. I see no chance. and Yes UK don't want US.
I don’t think anyone should be telling other posters what to do. No it certainly doesn’t look good for 30 and under (it doesn’t look good for 40 and under tbh), but you need to remember that this is people’s lives and everyone has different circumstances. Some people that have already lived in the UK need to go back but there are very few options other than tier 2.

Nothing is going to change for a long time but you never know, it might at some stage and there might be some posters here whose circumstances (and their employer’s circumstances) allow for them to wait for a long time.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 am

I like the petition, and if it gets through the review stage I will defiently sign and ask others I know to please do the same. I can’t see anything changing within a time period that will help any of us but I’m happy to do anything I can to help employers in the future...especially NHS ones. As a health/NHS worker myself I do not like that patient care is being sacrificed for a migration quota, especially one that is prioritised on something like salary.

For me that issue is way more important than any of our personal issues.

tension2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tension2018 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 am

Hi,

First time posting however reading since January. I have already resigned from my office Jan 2018 and for the past four months i am just waiting for the COS. Now the UK employer is saying that we will apply but we can guarantee anything no specified time limit. Now my ex employer is asking to rejoin. Any suggestions (Points 36). It is worth to wait ???

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:36 pm

When 45 and 40+ is struggling from 5 months it's difficult for 36, unless there is dramatic changes or immigration policy changes.

If your sponsor is willing to reapply it's really good. On your decision on joining your previous employer is again depends it's better you work for a few months before getting the rcos but you should decide whether you can leave your employer mid way or the promise you gonna make on staying long term with your employer. Ultimately you have to make the choice based on your relationship with your employer.

hopeful4000
India

Post by hopeful4000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:54 pm

tension2018 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 am
Hi,

First time posting however reading since January. I have already resigned from my office Jan 2018 and for the past four months i am just waiting for the COS. Now the UK employer is saying that we will apply but we can guarantee anything no specified time limit. Now my ex employer is asking to rejoin. Any suggestions (Points 36). It is worth to wait ???

quite a difficult one but miracles do happen so give it a shot. we are praying for the 45 band to clear as then it will open up other bands = am still trying to get an estimate of the number of people on this forum in each band to calculate the probability of approvals!

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:45 pm

canadarox wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:51 am
sptula wrote:
Idiot spammer wrote:

Dear Reader

Month
Total Points Required
November 2017
£21,000
N/A
December 2017
£55,000
£34,000
January 2018
£46,000
£25,000
February 2018
£45,000
£24,000
March 2018
£56,000
£35,000

Sincerely,

10,000 signatures will prompt a response from parliament. That kind of attitude won't help at all. You'd be surprised what people can do when they come together. Also, the public isn't very aware of this situation, it's not being reported as much as it should! So get you're story out. It takes all but 5 minutes and it'll help make a difference no matter how small.
you are saying of response

probably you are missing one thing here, UK Immigration minister has already respond in parliment for this issue, PM also responded

hopeful4000
India

Post by hopeful4000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:34 pm

i have a very simple solution - why cannot they borrow more than 100 from the next month and clear the 45 band and what is the point of keeping it at 2000 a month or is this another archaic and old fashioned way of rejecting the present for the future apps that may never see the light of the day? elementary math here!

StephenH
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by StephenH » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:17 pm

Hey everyone!
I've created a quick poll to kind of get an idea of where everyone is sitting in regards to points. This could be a really useful indicator of how many people are waiting so please go and choose your bracket.

http://pollmaker.vote/p/DJHLPKIM

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by canadarox » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:02 am

sptula wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:45 pm
canadarox wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:51 am
sptula wrote:
Idiot spammer wrote:

Dear Reader

Month
Total Points Required
November 2017
£21,000
N/A
December 2017
£55,000
£34,000
January 2018
£46,000
£25,000
February 2018
£45,000
£24,000
March 2018
£56,000
£35,000

Sincerely,

you are saying of response

probably you are missing one thing here, UK Immigration minister has already respond in parliment for this issue, PM also responded
Source? Can you tell me what they said? And anyways it was from the previous months, the fact that this continuing into April and maybe a few months later hasn't been addressed.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:43 am

In early March I think it was during PM question time in parliament the MP for Cambridge told Teresa May that one of their hospitals (Addenbrooks) hadn’t been able to recruit doctors due the tier 2 visa caps. Teresa May responded that she’d been made aware of the tier 2 issue and was going to look into it. That was the last we’d heard.

I’m not putting any stock in what the immigration minister said about this back in January though because from her comments i don’t think she was aware there was an issue and in January it still looked likely that this would just resolve on its own.

asakya
India

Post by asakya » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:53 am

StephenH wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:17 pm
Hey everyone!
I've created a quick poll to kind of get an idea of where everyone is sitting in regards to points. This could be a really useful indicator of how many people are waiting so please go and choose your bracket.

Great idea, thanks! I would just make one change and put 45 as another bracket altogether as it covers salaries between 45-49.9k and a lot of people are stuck on 45 so it's a crucial one.

noble2004
India

Post by noble2004 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:46 am

StephenH wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:17 pm
Hey everyone!

Great Idea Bro :)

Sadsadsad
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Sadsadsad » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:48 am

I'm on 41 points and my RMLT just expired. I still really want to move to the UK but after applying 5 times my employer is tempted to give up on the whole thing. However I'm trying to convince them to re-run the market test and apply again in June. Do you think there is hope for 41 to go through in the summer months June-July?

skardovian
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by skardovian » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:08 am

Anyone having 45 or 50 points, still waiting for the reply for APRIL 2018? I havent got any reply yet?

skardovian
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by skardovian » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:09 am

Anyone having 45 or 50 points, still waiting for the reply for APRIL 2018? I havent got any reply yet?

Maggie123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Maggie123 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:40 am

Minimum point score for successful applications in April 46