ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport fees debited, BC application successful?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oxidane
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Passport fees debited, BC application successful?

Post by Oxidane » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:34 am

Hi all,

Asking this as I might just be getting a bit impatient!

Applied via the online portal for BC on 13/3/19, documents submitted via the returns service 19/3 and biometrics enrolled 22/3. I applied for a British Passport at the same time as I submitted my documents at the returns service.

I noticed yesterday on my online bank statement that I was debited for the passport on 11/4/19, but have not yet received an outcome letter from the Home Office with re. to BC.

I know that nothing is confirmed until it is in black and white, but is it a good sign that I have been charged for the passport?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport fees debited, BC application successful?

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:50 am

They take the money and it does not mean the application has been approved. I am afraid you have to wait for the approval letter.
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.