ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E to ILR (re UK born children)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

esrsx
Newly Registered

T1E to ILR

Post by esrsx » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 pm

As the extension process of T1E took so long, which I had approval recently, I can apply for ILR in 1 year time (5 years from T1E). I plan to apply for ILR as soon as I can satisfy Job creation criteria during the extension period.

1. When I apply for ILR, I will still have 1 year validity of T1E. Would HO take time until the T1E VISA expires? I don't want my passport to be held up in HO too long.

2. I had 1 employee for nearly 3 years and she left the company recently. This employment was used for Extension VISA. I have 5 part time employees now. Can I use them for ILR if they stay in the company for more than 1 year?

3. Apart from they Job creation criteria, what else do I have to prepare especially? Is there a document list for T1E-ILR?

4. Does my wife have to take both English and Life-in-UK tests for her ILR? (She is a dependent under T1E)

5. My children were born in UK, and now they are teenagers. Can they apply for citizenship when we(parents) apply for ILR? Or do they have to apply for ILR with us first ?

Your help would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T1E to ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm

I will answer the ones I can.
1. When I apply for ILR, I will still have 1 year validity of T1E. Would HO take time until the T1E VISA expires? I don't want my passport to be held up in HO too long.

You are required to meet ALL the requirements at the date of application. Not sure what you mean by the bit I bolded above?
3. Apart from they Job creation criteria, what else do I have to prepare especially? Is there a document list for T1E-ILR?

Read the Set(O) form.
4. Does my wife have to take both English and Life-in-UK tests for her ILR? (She is a dependent under T1E)
Yes.
5. My children were born in UK, and now they are teenagers. Can they apply for citizenship when we(parents) apply for ILR? Or do they have to apply for ILR with us first ?

If they are UK born and under 18, they can apply on form MN1 to register as British once EITHER or BOTH parent gets ILR. They must meet the good character requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

esrsx
Newly Registered

T1E to ILR (re UK born children)

Post by esrsx » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:43 pm

In Oct 2018, my family are eligible for ILR after 5 years' T1E.
The T1E VISA would still be valid until Aug 2019.
My children were all born in UK.

Wonder if my plan makes sense.
Only myself and my wife apply for ILR in Oct2018.
If we get ILR on time before Aug 2019, my children apply for citizenship.
But my oldest child is to be 18 years old(probably still full time student) in Mar2019.
Would 18 years old threshold in Mar 2019 affect the eligibility of applying for citizenship?

If the decision of ILR is still delayed in Aug2019, can my children apply ILR as my dependents at that time separately?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T1E to ILR (re UK born children)

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:50 pm

Was your oldest child also born in the UK??

How long have you lived in the UK then? Do you not have 10 years continuous residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:51 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

esrsx
Newly Registered

Post by esrsx » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:30 pm

We were away UK for a while, and restarted with T1E in Sep2013.
My oldest son was born in UK.

esrsx
Newly Registered

Tier1E to ILR - dependants

Post by esrsx » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:58 am

Hi I am going to apply for ILR as a main applicant in Aug2018 as my T1E started Aug2013. The T1E visa expires Aug 2019.

1) Is it possible that I apply for ILR for myself first?
My wife (dependent1) has to pass English test, and we are not sure if she can make it on time for this Aug, although she is studying hard.
My son (dependent2) was born in UK and will be 18 years old in Feb 2019. That is why I want to have ILR as early as possible before his 18th Birthday.

2) Can my wife apply for ILR for herself after I had ILR? Is she still eligible as a defendant of T1E holder, or some other rule is applied once I have ILR?

3) If my ILR is not decided before Feb2019, again Can my son apply for ILR for himself separately?

Your hep would be appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Post ALL your question in this thread only :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

esrsx
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1E to ILR - dependants

Post by esrsx » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:57 pm

esrsx wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:58 am
Hi I am going to apply for ILR as a main applicant in Aug2018 as my T1E started Aug2013. The T1E visa expires Aug 2019.

My wife (dependent1) has to pass English test, and we are not sure if she can make it on time for this Aug, although she is studying hard.
My son (dependent2) was born in UK and will be 18 years old in Feb 2019. That is why I want to have ILR as early as possible before his 18th Birthday.

2) Can my wife apply for ILR for herself after I had ILR? Is she still eligible as a defendant of T1E holder, or some other rule is applied once I have ILR?

3) If my ILR is not decided before Feb2019, again Can my son apply for ILR for himself separately?

Your hep would be appreciated.
Can anyone help for my questions?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier1E to ILR - dependants

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 pm

You can apply before your dependent(s).

Yes she can apply if she meets all the requirments.

Should be ok if he meets all the requirements and your spouse is also applying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)