ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) visa - processing timeframes, including with spousal visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mccallfi1
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) visa - processing timeframes, including with spousal visa

Post by mccallfi1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:33 am

I have a couple of questions around the Tier 2 (general) visa for Australians:

1. Do you have any idea of the timeline from employer providing offer of job to time of obtaining visa? Of course I realise this can depend on whether the job has been advertised for a month in the marketplace, but considering that it has? I am just concerned as previously the employer I am interviewing with quoted 5-6 weeks, and now someone else within the same company's HR department is saying 3 months.
Apologies if I shouldn't be posting this here...I did try to find an existing post on timelines but all I could locate was something from the perspective of the turnaround time (1-2 weeks) of sponsored employees submitting the visa application in the final step

2. If obtaining a spousal visa along with the Tier 2 (general) visa, would this normally be processed within the same time frames or would this take additional time?

Thanks!

GG_PM
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Tier 2 (General) visa - processing timeframes, including with spousal visa

Post by GG_PM » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Hiya:

1. https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times - these timelines assume youve been granted a CoS. If not, generaly, RLMT = 28 days, sponsor submits CoS by 5th of each month, then you find out if you were successful or not (ie within points cut off) approx. 16th of same month, then you start the visa application process. For Oz it’s quoted as 2-4 weeks for standard service; you can pay to have it expedited (within 2 wks I think) but theres no guarantees.

2. I think your depedent shoudl be able to apply the same time as you but be aware of your dependents’ requirements (eg min. £630 funds need to be in your dependents bank for at least 90 days prior to applying if your sponsor is not A rated etc.)

If your employer misses the cut off for submitting your CoS , it can be easy for the timeframe to blow out so that might be why someone has been quoted a longer timeframe.

Hope that helps!