ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to UK after 2 Years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poojashah
Newly Registered
India

Returning to UK after 2 Years

Post by poojashah » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:39 am

Hi,

I got my ILR in May 2015. And I came back to India in Oct 2015. Since then I have been in India only. I now wish to go back to UK..How do I go back on my same ILR?

What process/documentation do I need to go back on the same ILR. Can someone pl help/suggest. In the time that I was in India, I stayed in India only, I didnt go back to UK. The last I was in UK was in Sep 2015 and since then in India only.

I am looking for a job in UK, hence wish to activate my visa.

-Pooja

vinny

Re: Returning to UK after 2 Years

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 am

It's difficult, unless you can convince them that the 2-year exception applies.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

poojashah
Newly Registered
India

Post by poojashah » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:42 am

thanks Vinny. I would like to take chance and apply for the returning resident visa.

I haven't taken recourse to public funds, I do have the necessary documents too.

It is just that I moved to India as my parents were unwell. Now I would like to go back to UK.

I would like to apply for the returning resident visa.

I am struggling to find how and where to read up on the process..I see links which tell me the rules etc, but cant find the forms to begin the process.

poojashah
Newly Registered
India

Returning Resident

Post by poojashah » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am

I would like to know how long does it take to hear back from the UK Home Office once one has applied for the Returning Resident visa.

Pooja

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:55 am

Merging your threads, so that people who respond have a better and complete understanding of the context of your query.
poojashah wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:42 am
I would like to apply for the returning resident visa.

I am struggling to find how and where to read up on the process..I see links which tell me the rules etc, but cant find the forms to begin the process.
Vinny's link takes you to a post with a lot more links for you to read.

Application is online, halfway down the Returning Resident Visa page on the Gov.UK website.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

poojashah
Newly Registered
India

Post by poojashah » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:03 pm

thank you.

Looks like it is difficult unless I can prove I have family ties in UK.

Anyone had a sucess in applying for returning resident visa?

If not returning resident visa, what are my other options to go and work in UK? Company should sponsor my visa?

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:21 pm

poojashah wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:03 pm
thank you.

Looks like it is difficult unless I can prove I have family ties in UK.

Anyone had a sucess in applying for returning resident visa?
Family present in the UK doesn't seem to make that big of a difference. I think there has only been one case of a successful application on this grounds posted on this forum ever. And if I recall correctly, that was after atleast one appeal. I do recall one other case (sure I posted on the thread) of a women who came back with her all-British-citizen family in tow and was allowed in on her ILR, presumably without any problems. I think there was another similar thread like that as well around the same time. It does happen and the entry clearance office has wide discretion on this matter, but usually those cases are just barely over the 2 year barrier.
poojashah wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:03 pm
If not returning resident visa, what are my other options to go and work in UK? Company should sponsor my visa?
Probably the best bet.