ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jumbo passport but fee deduction for standard passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

London_calling
Newly Registered

Jumbo passport but fee deduction for standard passport

Post by London_calling » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:25 pm

I applied for naturalisation by online application (NDRS via Council) on 12/03/2018.

I applied for Jumbo passport stating £85.50 fee on the postal passport application at the same time via JCAP.

However, the fee got deducted for my passport application last week was only £72.50 which is for a standard passport.

Question

Has any one applied for a Jumbo British passport recently along with naturalisation application? Did you mention £85.50 on your passport application form for a jumbo passport? How much fee was deducted (usually a month from application date for NDRS) i.e. £85 for jumbo or £72.50 for standard passport (before 27/03/2018 applications which has gone up since)?

Any responses will be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Jumbo passport but fee deduction for standard passport

Post by plabo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:32 pm

I have applied for Jumbo passport through NDRS/JCAP and mentioned the £85.50 fee on the payment form which is at the back of the booklet which comes with the passport form. The said fee was deducted.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Yep, same for me - applied for the Jumbo passport and choose the appropriate payment but they only deducted the money for a standard one!

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 am

The fee for passport when applying through paper application is £85 for standard passport and £95 for jumbo passport.

The fee was increased around 27th of March 2018

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:44 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 am
The fee for passport when applying through paper application is £85 for standard passport and £95 for jumbo passport.

The fee was increased around 27th of March 2018

Thanks
We are discussing about the passport applications sent BEFORE the fee rise. The original post holder has submitted his application before 27th March.