ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Form AN questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahsanhoney123

Post by ahsanhoney123 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi All

I have completed my one year ILR period and now preparing to apply for Naturalisation through form AN. I have some quick questions and would like to ask if someone can help.

Section 1.5: Other names
Do I need to write my first name in this section?

Section 1.23: English language
I have done BSC (Hons) from Oxford Brookes which I used for my previous applications. Do I need to do any extra tests or should just ignore this section and tick relevant box in Section 1.22 (Bachelors in UK)?

Section 1.49: Employer details
What is Tax reference number referring to in this section? Is this my Employer PAYE Tax reference that appears on my payslips or something else?

Section 1.50: Employment history in last 10 years
I don't remember exact dates of each employment in last 10 years? Can I put approximate months? I have also made Subject Access Request from HMRC to get full employment and Taxes history in last 10 years and currently waiting for a reply which takes around 40 calendar days.
Should I wait for that or its not that important? Also, do I need to send any supporting documents like payslips etc?
I have never applied for a visa based on employment in the past.

Section 3: Good Character requirement
I have read the form, guidance and on this forum some useful details about it but still a bit confused with this requirement. I was given 3 points on my driving licence in September 2014 and £100 fine for SP30 (Speeding on dual carriage way). I paid this within one month and it is showing expiry date 19/09/2017 and removal date 19/09/2018 on my online driving license account.
Do I need to mention it? or should I wait for it to be expired on 19/09/2018 before making my Naturalisation application?

Supporting documents Section 10: Evidence of National Insurance contributions
Does this apply to all applicants? I have never applied for a visa based on employment (e.g. HSMP).
What if I don't have all payslips, P60's and employer letters for all employments in last 10 years?

I would appreciate if someone can help me with these questions.

Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Naturalisation - Form AN questions

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:02 pm

ahsanhoney123 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:10 pm
Hi All

I have completed my one year ILR period and now preparing to apply for Naturalisation through form AN. I have some quick questions and would like to ask if someone can help.

Do I need to write my first name in this section? Yes

I have done BSC (Hons) from Oxford Brookes which I used for my previous applications. Do I need to do any extra tests or should just ignore this section and tick relevant box in Section 1.22 (Bachelors in UK)? No need.

What is Tax reference number referring to in this section? Is this my Employer PAYE Tax reference that appears on my payslips or something else? No, as you are PAYE.

I don't remember exact dates of each employment in last 10 years? Can I put approximate months? Yes

I have also made Subject Access Request from HMRC to get full employment and Taxes history in last 10 years and currently waiting for a reply which takes around 40 calendar days.

Should I wait for that or its not that important? As you consented to provide your info from HMRC, should not be important. Also, do I need to send any supporting documents like payslips etc? Yes. By the guideline. But when I attended NCS, the officer didn't take them.

I have read the form, guidance and on this forum some useful details about it but still a bit confused with this requirement. I was given 3 points on my driving licence in September 2014 and £100 fine for SP30 (Speeding on dual carriage way). I paid this within one month and it is showing expiry date 19/09/2017 and removal date 19/09/2018 on my online driving license account.
Do I need to mention it?
You have to declare everything.

or should I wait for it to be expired on 19/09/2018 before making my Naturalisation application?

Does this apply to all applicants? I have never applied for a visa based on employment (e.g. HSMP).
What if I don't have all payslips, P60's and employer letters for all employments in last 10 years? give what you have.

Thanks
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:20 am

They only need details from employment covering the last 5 years to proof that you were present in UK. You are non EEA so, you do not need to submit employment letters and p60's covering the last 5 yrs if you have a passport that covers this period.

ahsanhoney123

Post by ahsanhoney123 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:45 am

Hi All

I have done BSC (Hons) from Oxford Brookes which I used for my previous applications. Do I need to do any extra tests or should just ignore this section and tick relevant box in Section 1.22 (Bachelors in UK)?

What is Tax reference number referring to in this section? Is this my Employer PAYE Tax reference that appears on my payslips or something else?

I don't remember exact dates of each employment in last 10 years? Can I put approximate months? I have also made Subject Access Request from HMRC to get full employment and Taxes history in last 10 years and currently waiting for a reply which takes around 40 calendar days.
Should I wait for that or its not that important? Also, do I need to send any supporting documents like payslips etc?

Do I need to mention it? or should I wait for it to be expired on 19/09/2018 before making my Naturalisation application?

What if I don't have all payslips, P60's and employer letters for all employments in last 10 years?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Yes
Yes.
Employer tax ref, can be found on your P60 or ask HR.
No payslips required. You should be as accurate as possible as HO do check.
When in doubt, always declare.
P60s should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Not sure why you posted the exact same questions as yesterday when you already received a response last night.

See Multiple Topics/Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ahsanhoney123

Post by ahsanhoney123 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi CR001

Thanks very much for answering my questions.

I don't use this platform so often and I thought I posted in the wrong section hence I posted it here. Aplologies.

A follow up questions:

The reply I received yesterday Hstepper07 mentioned that:
''They only need details from employment covering the last 5 years to proof that you were present in UK. You are non EEA so, you do not need to submit employment letters and p60's covering the last 5 yrs if you have a passport that covers this period.''
Is that right or I need to provide details of last 10 years?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:12 pm

You need to provide 10 years employment info (if applicable or if you have been here for that long) in the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:41 pm

ahsanhoney123 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:10 pm
Hi CR001

Thanks very much for answering my questions.

I don't use this platform so often and I thought I posted in the wrong section hence I posted it here. Aplologies.

A follow up questions:

The reply I received yesterday Hstepper07 mentioned that:
''They only need details from employment covering the last 5 years to proof that you were present in UK. You are non EEA so, you do not need to submit employment letters and p60's covering the last 5 yrs if you have a passport that covers this period.''
Is that right or I need to provide details of last 10 years?

Thanks
You will need to list your employment for the last 10 yrs on your application form if you were here for that long however you only need to provide documentatary evidence covering the last 5 yrs. You do not need to provide payslip and employment letters if you are a non-eea national and you have provided your passport covering last 5 years.