ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visas for Russian citizens being Affected?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Only Me
United Kingdom

UK Visas for Russian citizens being Affected?

Post by Only Me » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:58 am

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to see if anyone here as had problems with a UK visitor visa for a Russian citizen? My Fiancee has just had her visitor/marriage visa turned down with 10 days of submitting here bio metrics and supporting documents.

We provided all the information they ask, the same as we have done for all her previous successful applications and yet this application has been turned down, due to they think she wont go back to Russia and that I didn't provided details of where I work, bearing in mind I have never provided this information in any past applications for here.

She has returned to Russia after every trip before and we provided official evidence of her Mortgage responsibilities and her contract of employment in state education, yet they still have turned her down and have not allowed her to appeal the decision.

I have now made an official complaint to the Home Office in the way the application was handled, as in their reply the made comments on information we supplied which, is actually wrong when you read the information provided, as if the application was quickly skimmed over.

Has anyone else had this problem recently with an application from a Russian person, as I know the ambassador to Russia recently stated the Skripal case wont affect ordinary Russian visa, but I do beg to differ after our recent experience.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Visas for Russian citizens being Affected?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 am

What is the exact wording of the refusal, taking out personal details?

What documentation of her social, financial etc ties to home country did she submit?

What evidence of the impending wedding planning did she submit?

When was her last visit visa to the UK and how long did she stay?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:07 am

Only Me wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:58 am
My Fiancee has just had her visitor/marriage visa turned down with 10 days of submitting here bio metrics and supporting documents.
One of the requirements for a Marriage Visit visa is that the person will leave the UK after the marriage. If she is marrying a British citizen, that will look unlikely. Therefore you would need to show very strong proof that she (and likely you) would indeed leave the UK after marriage.

Perhaps you meant to apply for a fiancé visa, which leads to a spouse visa after marriage?

This has got nothing to do with your fiancée being Russian. You would have had the same issue if she were Canadian or American.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 am
What is the exact wording of the refusal, taking out personal details? Please see below:

"You state that you have been employed since 2015 by ******* State Technical University as an Associate Professor, earning ******* per month. I note that you have submitted an employment letter and other documents as evidence of your employment. However, your supporting documents do not demonstrate your current financial circumstances.

You state that your fiancé Mr. *** will pay ******* towards the cost of your trip. I acknowledge that you have submitted a supporting letter from him in which he states that he is the managing director of his own company. However, neither this letter nor your other supporting documents indicate exactly what he does or offer any evidence of his income, savings or accommodation. In the absence of such evidence I am not satisfied that he is able to maintain and accommodate you and your daughter for a period of almost three months.

The factors mentioned above mentioned above have not been taken in isolation but considered collectively. They damage the overall credibility of your application. From the information on your application form and the documents you have submitted, I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the United Kingdom or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. I am also not satisfied that you are able to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds. I am also not satisfied that your sponsor can support you for the intended duration of your stay."

What documentation of her social, financial etc ties to home country did she submit?

Documents provided were a letter confirming her employment status, position and earnings. A copy of her mortgage agreement and copies of her official personal information.

What evidence of the impending wedding planning did she submit?

Emails between ourselves and the registry office, where the registry office told us we cant book a date until my Fiancee was in the country and attended the registry office with myself with all the relevant paper work regarding ourselves.

When was her last visit visa to the UK and how long did she stay?

Her last trip was for three weeks in Oct/Nover last year. and here current Visa run out in March 2018

As you will see from their reply they mention my evidence, I never actually said I work as a managing director, I wrote that I am now in full time PAYE employment and before that I was managing director of my own company for 5 years, which is check-able on Companies House. We provided all the exact same information regarding her financial status etc and explained that there are no savings as she is paying extra amounts off her mortgage each month and evidence of that was provided.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:32 am

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:07 am
Only Me wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:58 am
My Fiancee has just had her visitor/marriage visa turned down with 10 days of submitting here bio metrics and supporting documents.
One of the requirements for a Marriage Visit visa is that the person will leave the UK after the marriage. If she is marrying a British citizen, that will look unlikely. Therefore you would need to show very strong proof that she (and likely you) would indeed leave the UK after marriage.

Perhaps you meant to apply for a fiancé visa, which leads to a spouse visa after marriage?

This has got nothing to do with your fiancée being Russian. You would have had the same issue if she were Canadian or American.
We applied for a visitor/marriage visa, she has gone back to Russia after every visit, we provided evidence of her Mortgage responsibilities, we provided her old passport when she studied in the USA for her PHD, where she returned to Russia. We also provided her state contract for employment, as she has another year on there.

We put that she was leaving to return to Russia with her daughter after the wedding due to her daughters schooling, as we planned on applying for her to join me here full time this time next year so as not to mess here new school year as Spouse visas can take up to 12 weeks etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:39 am

Did she submit her bank statements, payslips and employer letter granting her X time off as annual leave?

If applying to marry in the UK on a marriage visit visa, did she submit evidence of wedding preparations and plans?

Has she always stated you are her 'fiance/boyfriend' on all her visit visa applications?

What evidence of your relationship did she submit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:52 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:39 am
Did she submit her bank statements, payslips and employer letter granting her X time off as annual leave?

She didn't supply bank statements, she supplied an official letter from her university stating her salary and she would be coming here during the summer holiday period when the University stops same as our UK universities, so no employer letter needed for time off.

If applying to marry in the UK on a marriage visit visa, did she submit evidence of wedding preparations and plans?

We could only submit the emails from the Registry Office, as we couldn't plan a reception etc, as we needed to see if we could get the Visa. We explained that the reception would be a small intimate affair with just close friends and family.

Has she always stated you are her 'fiance/boyfriend' on all her visit visa applications?

Yes she has always stated that I am her Fiance/boyfriend, in her other applications.

What evidence of your relationship did she submit?

We provided time & date stamped photos of us together during different stages of our relationship along with her daughter, Dates that she has been to stay in the UK with me. My dates where I have been to Russia and proof I lived there for 4 mths with her and her daughter.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:08 pm

I used to submit visitor visa applications before and always submitted bank statements