ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Signature scanned copy?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magneta

Referee Signature scanned copy?

Post by magneta » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:25 am

Hi All
Please help with this query.
we have submitted husband's online application for Citizenship and got NDRS appointment in two days. Unfortunately one of our referees is not available to provide the signature within that day. Will the homeoffice accept if they write their name, date, signature and then scan the page to send to us? Can we submit the scanned page?

Thanks in advance

Magneta

magneta

Re: Referee Signature scanned copy?

Post by magneta » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Can someone help please?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Referee Signature scanned copy?

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:55 pm

Actually my wife's application used on referee from Hong Kong. But we just asked our referee to post us the signed form instead. Honestly, I have no answer, but just not worth to risk thousand pound and time in my opinion.

Ideally, if the caseworker think one of your referee is not qualified for whatever reason, they must write to you and ask you to provide the alternative referee, according to their guidance. So come to worst you just need to provide the other referee.

But my suggestion is still well prepared is better, no need to hurry as you are ILR, a few days/ weeks delayed have no harm.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.