ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay more than 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Re: Delay more than 6 months

Post by Arshsam » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Glbawi wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:53 pm
Nearly 7 months and still waitingπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ, is there anyone who waited more than 6 months and got a positive result?? Just the waiting does my head in.
Did you call the H.O or email ? Contact with your M.P regarding that...

Are you EU citizen or Non-EU ?

Glbawi
Newly Registered

Post by Glbawi » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:49 pm

I just found out my surename is spelled wrong in the HMRC database, could that be the reason for delaying my application? Has anyone experienced something similar?

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:45 am

Jegz82 wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:35 pm
Maxmilan wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:52 am
Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:57 pm
Hi everyone,
I'v applied on the 6 of April 2017, as now passed the 6 months standard,I contacted the home office and got reply saying that my case is now with a caseworker. That's it no apologies no explanation whatsoever. My MP got involved and sent a letter on my behalf.
Has anyone passed the same experience? Or in the same boat still waiting? What could be the possible cause for delaying my application? Any help please would be much appreciated. It's just that I can't even sleep or do anything from the stress.
Hi everyone
I applied on October 2015 and still waiting for the result.Today is 08/10/2017.I contacted with HO avery 6 months then followed my their complaint procedure then my MP was involved and finally this is about 3 months which my case is in Ombudsman and no result so far.During past 11 years I haven't done anything wrong even a driving penalty.I was sometimes working and sometimes on benefit but almost working and paid NI contribution as well.The only thing which I think made my application delayed is that I contacted with HO every 6 months.I suggested everyone with the same situation as me to don't contact with HO and leave your case with them until the result.Honestly by my experience there is nothing which we can do if our application process takes too long and thats it.
Hi,

Similarly, I applied on Nov 2016, still pending a decision, I chased few times just kept getting the usual

response saying to it takes time to assess good character requirements and I have to wait.
in the meantime, I applied for a SAR, and received the notes from my case!! I read it carefully and below are two notes, and my understanding is that no one has been assigned to consider my application!!
"note on 'Depart A' (I cannot say the name) does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with this applicants case" !! (this was following to me chasing them in June 17)
another note says
"as per note 14 December 2016 'Depart C' file forwarded to ------
Spoke to ---- ------- as note does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with the application
Advised to send email to an 'Depart B' team and request they forward the enquiry to the correct team if its not for them" !!

I have emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk & Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, advising that I will be sending a Pre-action protocol for "failure to make decision within reasonable time frame "

I will give an update if I hear anything!
[/q
I applied to be naturalized for myself and my family more than two years ago and I contacted and tried lot off different ways and still no result.My advise is to do not contact with HO and do not complaint and leave your application with them until the result and if you want to know about your application status there is a web site which you can check your application online just you need your reference which normally is the reference on your BRP lette. The web site is :
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:38 am

Reading requests on here they do have to respond the ( Home Office) for people waiting a long time, request a freedom of information request.
http;//whatdotheyknow.com

fiv
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fiv » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:04 am

alterhase58 wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:15 pm
The six months is not a standard service level promise, and cannot be enforced.
There are probably quite a few members here who are still waiting for decisions going back more than six months, or even a year+. The average is about five months these days, remember there has been a spike in applications from EEA citizens. It's uncomfortable, I do sympathise, but there isn't much the individual can do apart from wait.
5 months sounds about right, that's how long it took them to process my application - just under 5 months.

I did apply much later (8 May) than the OP so I am not sure why they are taking so long.

OP, there is not much you can do other than wait. The Home Office is one of the slowest organisations I have had to deal with. Their customer support is non-existent and they don't really care much as there isn't anything to hold them accountable. Just sit back, relax and wait. Not much else you can do.

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:15 pm

I can't imagine contacting your MP would do much good. If anyone is waiting for a long time, speaking to an experienced and credible immigration solicitor would be the best.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:31 pm

IcikePicike wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:15 pm
I can't imagine contacting your MP would do much good. If anyone is waiting for a long time, speaking to an experienced and credible immigration solicitor would be the best.
Depends who the person's MP is? It could be Amber Rudd and that may have an impact especially since she just got elected by the skin of her teeth last election. Seriously it can't do any harm.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:10 pm

CR001 wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:15 pm
mrgs1 wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:44 pm
british-citizenship/ukvi-service-standa ... 70007.html
So this post a little old is incorrect and I was right to assume there is no service standard as such? They just request extra information if needed and if it takes longer than six months there is no 12 weeks update?
Do you see 'Naturalisation' or 'Citizenship' on the service standard list??
Well many emails from Home Office replying to Freedom of information requests quote it.
As you may be aware, our service standard is that we will complete 100% of workable and straightforward cases within six months. The definition of a workable case, and what we expect from our customers, is available on our website at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-v.... Where further information is required, the case will not be classed as workable, and may take longer to decide.

Prior to making a decision on British Citizenship, we undertake various checks. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the six month target.

Glbawi
Newly Registered

Post by Glbawi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:29 pm

IcikePicike wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:15 pm
It's the other way round,contacting a solicitor wouldn't do much good

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi everyone,
I'v applied on the 6 of April 2017, as now passed the 6 months standard,I contacted the home office and got reply saying that my case is now with a caseworker. That's it no apologies no explanation whatsoever. My MP got involved and sent a letter on my behalf.
Has anyone passed the same experience? Or in the same boat still waiting? What could be the possible cause for delaying my application? Any help please would be much appreciated. It's just that I can't even sleep or do anything from the stress.
Hi everyone
I applied on October 2015 and still waiting for the result.Today is 08/10/2017.I contacted with HO avery 6 months then followed my their complaint procedure then my MP was involved and finally this is about 3 months which my case is in Ombudsman and no result so far.During past 11 years I haven't done anything wrong even a driving penalty.I was sometimes working and sometimes on benefit but almost working and paid NI contribution as well.The only thing which I think made my application delayed is that I contacted with HO every 6 months.I suggested everyone with the same situation as me to don't contact with HO and leave your case with them until the result.Honestly by my experience there is nothing which we can do if our application process takes too long and thats it.
Hi,

Similarly, I applied on Nov 2016, still pending a decision, I chased few times just kept getting the usual response saying to it takes time to assess good character requirements and I have to wait.
in the meantime, I applied for a SAR, and received the notes from my case!! I read it carefully and below are two notes, and my understanding is that no one has been assigned to consider my application!!
"note on 'Depart A' (I cannot say the name) does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with this applicants case" !! (this was following to me chasing them in June 17)
another note says
Spoke to ---- ------- as note does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with the application
Advised to send email to an 'Depart B' team and request they forward the enquiry to the correct team if its not for them" !!

I have emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk & Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, advising that I will be sending a Pre-action protocol for "failure to make decision within reasonable time frame "

Hi Jegz83 . Have you got your decision yet ? Thanx

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:51 pm

Casa wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:22 am
@stillondedams You are referring to the delay in processing visa applications. :idea:

Unlike visa applications under the Immigration Rules, the granting of British citizenship is a privilege and not a right. It is granted at the sole discretion of the Home Secretary with no right of appeal (only re-consideration). Challenging the delay would be pointless.
Can the head of state grant citizenship?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:54 am

cyclina1 wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:51 pm
@stillondedams You are referring to the delay in processing visa applications. :idea:

Unlike visa applications under the Immigration Rules, the granting of British citizenship is a privilege and not a right. It is granted at the sole discretion of the Home Secretary with no right of appeal (only re-consideration). Challenging the delay would be pointless.
I believe the Home secretary Amber Rudd can.

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:15 am

Kurabor wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 pm
Hi everyone,
Hi everyone
Hi,

Similarly, I applied on Nov 2016, still pending a decision, I chased few times just kept getting the usual response saying to it takes time to assess good character requirements and I have to wait.
another note says

Hi Kurabor,

No not yet, I sent a pre-action protocol in January, urging them to take a decision within 8 weeks, or to give exact time frame to make a decision. but it wasnt successful , also I got my MP to write to them, for both they just gave the same excuses about good character requirements.
I chased beginning of this month, still pending decision.
I have given up chasing now, just going to sit tight and see what happens
I know there isn't anything they can find to refuse my application!
Thanks and good luck

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:25 pm

S
Last edited by Kurabor on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:15 am

Hi everyone
Hi,

another note says

Hi Kurabor,

No not yet, I sent a pre-action protocol in January, urging them to take a decision within 8 weeks, or to give exact time frame to make a decision. but it wasnt successful , also I got my MP to write to them, for both they just gave the same excuses about good character requirements.
Thanks and good luck
Hi jegz83 . Thanks for your answer mate . Sorry to hear that. That's very frustrating. I applied on 27th of April 2017 I tried all of the ways but nothing I can do. Mp solicitors , complain, email and phone call non of them can work. We just have to wait and wait...... hopefully we get the answer soon . It's really psychological torture

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:28 pm
Hi jegz83 . Thanks for your answer mate . Sorry to hear that. That's very frustrating. I applied on 27th of April 2017 I tried all of the ways but nothing I can do. Mp solicitors , complain, email and phone call non of them can work. We just have to wait and wait...... hopefully we get the answer soon . It's really psychological torture
Are they giving you the same generic 'good character checks' answer? Same for me! What route did you apply through? Any idea why it might have been delayed so much? :( I applied in August and still waiting...

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:16 am

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:54 am
No, the head of state, the Queen, can't grant citizenship. The most that she can do is grant denization, which would be the equivalent of ILR/PR/settled status and that would be exceptionally rare. According to Wikipedia, the last known case was in 1873.

Besides, the Queen would only exercise such powers on the advice of responsible ministers.

Parliament can grant citizenship by a private Act of Parliament and I suspect that Meghan Markle may get her British citizenship that way.

Parliament has delegated the power to confer citizenship to the Secretary of State, along with a list of conditions that should be met and discretion to disregard some of them if she thinks fit. S/he is of course accountable to Parliament for the exercise of that power (so, Parliament can question her if discretion was exercised if it ought not to have, etc).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi,

another note says

Hi Kurabor,

Thanks and good luck
Hi Kurabor,

thanks
surprisingly I got the approval letter today, after 17 months ;)
you could do a SAR on your records to see if they got everything in order, it could help
thanks and good luck, letter will come through eventually !

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi Kurabor,

thanks
you could do a SAR on your records to see if they got everything in order, it could help
Wow!! That's amazing news :) Many congrats! What are your observations then - why do you think they took so long, and what would your advise be for everyone waiting?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:15 pm

silverchloride wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi Kurabor,

thanks
Wow!! That's amazing news :) Many congrats! What are your observations then - why do you think they took so long, and what would your advise be for everyone waiting?
Keep waiting for decision?

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:16 pm

secret.simon wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:16 am
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:54 am
No, the head of state, the Queen, can't grant citizenship. The most that she can do is grant denization, which would be the equivalent of ILR/PR/settled status and that would be exceptionally rare. According to Wikipedia, the last known case was in 1873.

Besides, the Queen would only exercise such powers on the advice of responsible ministers.

Parliament can grant citizenship by a private Act of Parliament and I suspect that Meghan Markle may get her British citizenship that way.

Parliament has delegated the power to confer citizenship to the Secretary of State, along with a list of conditions that should be met and discretion to disregard some of them if she thinks fit. S/he is of course accountable to Parliament for the exercise of that power (so, Parliament can question her if discretion was exercised if it ought not to have, etc).
So I was pretty much right?

Kurabor
United Kingdom

Post by Kurabor » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi Kurabor,

Thanks and good luck
Hi Kurabor,

thanks
[/quote
Hi mate wow wow that's a very good news. Congratulations it's time for celebration πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š Hopefully I get it soon .
All the best

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:11 pm

silverchloride wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi Kurabor,

thanks
Hi silverchloride,
Thanks
I seriously dont know why they took this long, only think I did different recently is, I updated my driving license address to my current address! :|
I would suggested that you keep all addresses on government(related) bodies in order
thanks

shaftri
Newly Registered

Post by shaftri » Fri May 04, 2018 12:48 am

Hey guys,

I just received my approved letter today dated 24/04/2018. after been waiting almost a year since 09/05/2017.

Good luck, For those of you that are still waiting.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri May 04, 2018 9:05 am

shaftri wrote: ↑
Fri May 04, 2018 12:48 am
Hey guys,

I just received my approved letter today dated 24/04/2018. after been waiting almost a year since 09/05/2017.

Good luck, For those of you that are still waiting.
Amazing news, many congratulations :) :)