ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husbands spouse visa, and his other wife!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

martha

Post by martha » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:21 pm

hehe, nice txt

She seems remarkably calm. But it's all show of course. My h does similar when he's in a fix, so all bla de bla de bla. :)

Seems sensible to stay away tomorrow, especially as others have advised it.

So she'll be surprised when you're not there then,hehe.

So chill out tomorrow, and enjoy your day off as best you can

You have a lot of people on your side. Take care. M.

Inverness_Krishna
Newly Registered

Bit worrying

Post by Inverness_Krishna » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:46 am

Got time to look at this issue from beginning to end,

Felt sorry for Martha situation,

My opinion on what i noticed most in this thread

People using this public forum, please do refrain from religious greeting and praising religious words, for god sake don't preach others, by now Martha should have come to know what good and harm it will bring for converts who just blindly listen to all the rubbish of preachers.

I think this topic is at Uk Immigration board forum, which is made in English and used for British immigration.

Do have the basic sense in writing by respecting the British culture which gives you bread and butter, and don't make this forum to the present British culture situation where people treat specific community as unwanted because of few radical speeches and always using a specific religious words when it comes to greeting people.

Btw, am not a dearly beloved, am not uneducated or a fool who get converted because of preachers words,.

I know there will be some people in a specific community who get offended reading above, but again cant help.

If you have anything with you w.r.t. religion keep it yourself, and give it personally to others, not like coming to public threads like this and getting a chance to spread any religion.

Just do good to mankind and for the nature which sees all our rubbish and harm doing towards the nature.

God Save British community, of course they are cursed only because of their past history towards mankind based on the race and colour.

bani

Re: Bit worrying

Post by bani » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:41 pm

I disagree. I think it's alright to use any greeting between people. This is a public immigration forum that doesn't just deal with the UK - in fact, it's on the internet and it is open to the whole world. If you think about it, most of the people posting here are immigrants. And if you think about it really hard, the UK is a multicultural place.

I've been following this thread too and take the greetings between people to be just that - greetings. They've gone through similar problems and have become friends, it is heartwarming to me to see that support between people who never met.

If I were to be as picky and sensitive as you, I'd even take offense to your use of "for god's sake" and "God save British community", and question which particular god you are promoting.

I believe in freedom of speech. And if you want to censor an internet board, you obviously live in the wrong country.
Inverness_Krishna wrote:Got time to look at this issue from beginning to end,

People using this public forum, please do refrain from religious greeting and praising religious words, for god sake don't preach others, by now Martha should have come to know what good and harm it will bring for converts who just blindly listen to all the rubbish of preachers.

I think this topic is at Uk Immigration board forum, which is made in English and used for British immigration.

Do have the basic sense in writing by respecting the British culture which gives you bread and butter, and don't make this forum to the present British culture situation where people treat specific community as unwanted because of few radical speeches and always using a specific religious words when it comes to greeting people.

Btw, am not a dearly beloved, am not uneducated or a fool who get converted because of preachers words,.

I know there will be some people in a specific community who get offended reading above, but again cant help.

If you have anything with you w.r.t. religion keep it yourself, and give it personally to others, not like coming to public threads like this and getting a chance to spread any religion.

Just do good to mankind and for the nature which sees all our rubbish and harm doing towards the nature.

God Save British community, of course they are cursed only because of their past history towards mankind based on the race and colour.

sb
Newly Registered

Post by sb » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Salaam Martha and Johnboy...and Hello Inverness_Krishna

just read what you have written, in relation to what has been mentioned we are in no way causing offense or disrespecting any one person or any faith group by our greetings or using our religious words....

i personally think if any one,its you who has a problem with it as clearly everyone else does not mind....

im sure everyone else will agree with me when i say this, that we in no way are trying to preach our faith...the words used by some of us just help us in our belief that God will help us and do justice....just like any other persons belief within their own respected religion....

how forum members greet each other or what they write should not offend other members..unless of course the language used is inappropriate....which it is not...neither are we disrespecting any other faith group.....

so i don't seem to understand where you have got the idea of "preaching" from...because if you greeted me and said a few religious words to me...i would be happy,that you too, have such strong faith in you...you wouldn't offend me in anyway....

And also when did religion ever need forums to spread its word? first ive heard of it as a lot of people are either born into the religion from day one or preaching is done on face to face basis...so one can fully understand what they are getting them selfs into....

yes your right this is an immigration forum and we do discuss our immigration matters...a greeting or a religious word said is not classed as a discussion!!

i hope i haven't offended anyone by writing this....just what i thought at the time of reading the post...

have a nice evening everyone...takecare all...

sb
Newly Registered

Post by sb » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:55 pm

Hello Bani

hope you well...

Thank you for agreeing with me, with regards to the previous post...

take care

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:04 pm

Assalmau Alaikum/Salutations/Hi/Howdi/Hey/G'day

I hope you're all well.

Check out my thread...and I'll tell u what happened today.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 604#162604

Au Revoir! :)

Inverness_Krishna
Newly Registered

Hmmmm

Post by Inverness_Krishna » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 pm

Expected there will be a bunch of people behind me for my comments.

Here we go

Bani

"If I were to be as picky and sensitive as you, I'd even take offense to your use of "for god's sake" and "God save British community", and question which particular god you are promoting."

hope you know whats the difference between God and Insha alla.

God refers commonly , but not to any specific religion.

where as, Second one refers to which community????

So open your eyes and read what i typed. Am i supporting any specific religion or particular community?

Sb

Am not sure what you are trying to say.

"i personally think if any one,its you who has a problem with it as clearly everyone else does not mind.... "

So you are including "everyone" on your personal thought.

"yes your right this is an immigration forum and we do discuss our immigration matters...a greeting or a religious word said is not classed as a discussion!! "

Did i said greeting using religious word are discussion, i only said to refrain using any specific religion words in public forums which relates to British immigration forums.

To both bani and sb

Wait there might be some more people after seeing my comments, even for those people who wants to argue with me saying using religious words (not for once, twice or thrice, but every other post) is accepted:

Guessing how most of them using this play card "freedom of speech" and its funny to see whats happening on the other side of the world of a specific community who are adamant in saying using religious greeting is freedom of speech

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 358448.stm

British is multicultural doest mean everyone can use the word freedom of speech and escapes.

Gone are the days, where people protest and give speeches and escape with freedom of speech card

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7353799.stm

If you dont integrate with the local community society, you will be kicked out, thats what all the modern british immigration rules about.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:52 pm

Inverness_Krishna wrote:Got time to look at this issue from beginning to end,

You need to get out more - or perhaps stay in much much more!

If greeting someone is 'radical' and 'brainwashing' in your eyes - then you have serious serious issues with certain groups, which are not doing a good job in hiding!

And for starters - have a look at your own 'religious' user ID before pointing the finger!

bani

Re: Hmmmm

Post by bani » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:08 pm

Inverness_Krishna wrote: If you dont integrate with the local community society, you will be kicked out, thats what all the modern british immigration rules about.
I'm pretty sure I have been integrating just fine. Thankfully, most British people I encounter aren't threatened by harmless religious greetings, they aren't xenophobes and cope well with people from the rest of the world.

If you really want to control what people say, you should put up your own board with your own rules. This is the WORLD WIDE web and I will not let you suppress my freedom.

Inverness_Krishna
Newly Registered

Post by Inverness_Krishna » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:28 pm

"If greeting someone is 'radical' and 'brainwashing' in your eyes"

Did i said any of those words

My request was as simple as that

Not to bring any religious word or greet people on the basis of religion.

" for starters - have a look at your own 'religious' user ID before pointing the finger!"

So you came to a conclusion that i am a starter, what if i used different id for my own privacy. so before you take any decision about my status do ask me, as you are publicly saying about my personal knowledge based on my present id status.

Btw, Krishna is my second name, Inverness is the place where i live. And where did i supported my religion.

Just for saying something, dont bla bla...

Genreally thats the problem with some people, those who cant accept nor digest the fact.

think i cant go on debating this for every other reply, better will make it simple.

It was my request, if you can follow i will be thankful or else no need.

Find no point in debating and wasting my time and your valuable time as well.

As i dont depend on Govt.benefits and have my own stuff to do. hope you people also have some work.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:25 am

Inverness_Krishna wrote:"If greeting someone is 'radical' and 'brainwashing' in your eyes"

" for starters - have a look at your own 'religious' user ID before pointing the finger!"

So you came to a conclusion that i am a starter, what if i used different id for my own privacy. so before you take any decision about my status do ask me, as you are publicly saying about my personal knowledge based on my present id status.

Btw, Krishna is my second name, Inverness is the place where i live. And where did i supported my religion.

Genreally thats the problem with some people, those who cant accept nor digest the fact.

think i cant go on debating this for every other reply, better will make it simple.

As i dont depend on Govt.benefits and have my own stuff to do. hope you people also have some work.
Yo Dude,

Get a life...You're not adding anything of any value to this thread.

See Ya....

martha

Post by martha » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:07 am

Long live free speech!

Not much to report as such. Same old rubbish from him. Have changed my landline tel.no. At least if he calls my mobile I know it's him (landline caller ID not available in my area)so can choose to answer or not, depending on my mood :) Will get an injuction if it gets worse for me. Seems he doesnt care if he is sent to prison if he breaks an injunction. Maybe I should call his bluff.

He came here Sunday night. Didnt let him in. But allowed him to explain all his worries bla de bla de bla on the doorstep.

Still havent heard if the divorce papers have been served or not. He indicates that he hasnt. Guess he's calling my bluff. Not too much worried at this point.

Looking at a new appartment later. Shame I have to go to such drastic measures, as such, but am also thinking a flat with garden would be nice for my kitty.

Getting stronger everyday. Seems he is getting more desperate. GP has put him on sleeping tablets. Like, I really want to know that.

Just going with the flow now. Feeling good about the divorce decision. Must think of myself first. That's the main thing.

Will come back with any updates as they happen. :)

How do I sound these days? :D

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Inverness_Krishna wrote:"If greeting someone is 'radical' and 'brainwashing' in your eyes"

The bitterness, vitriol - hatered is so evident in your posts.

Assuming that you are some high & mighty being that works - wheras the rest of us (in that specific catagory that you dont like) are all freeloading, benefit cheats!!!)

You havent debated with anyone - you merely vented your lovely on a public forum.

Your user id might be your name - but it has religious connotations - so how about removing it? I mean, you have the gall & audacity to ask people not to greet & be courteous to one another.

What a pathetic, and embarrasing display from you!

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 pm

martha wrote: Looking at a new appartment later. Shame I have to go to such drastic measures, as such, but am also thinking a flat with garden would be nice for my kitty.

Getting stronger everyday. Seems he is getting more desperate. GP has put him on sleeping tablets. Like, I really want to know that.

Just going with the flow now. Feeling good about the divorce decision. Must think of myself first. That's the main thing.

Damn sight more optimistic and happier than 6 weeks ago!!! Keep strong - and you will triumph!

martha

Post by martha » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:12 pm

thanks gollywood :D

Have now asked that non-molestation order is put in place.

Since my earlier post today, hubby's business partner came to my home pleading his case. I didnt let him in, but we conversed through the window, hehe. Must have looked bit odd to the neighbours.

Seems that as restaurant isnt completely paid for yet, then the business partner cant get h's name removed from the lease. Not sure if thats true, or more lies to make me change my mind. But he said he had sought legal advice on that.

So am taking the next step regarding the harrassment now.

Watch this space for further developments :lol:

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:34 pm

martha wrote:Long live free speech!
Have been reading your posts and really hoping that all works well for you. Sounds as though you have clear vision of what the situation is and are standing firm on getting it resolved. Good for you!

martha

Post by martha » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Not much happening on my front,lol. But did find out for sure that my h cant apply for any visa here, and has to go home, even to get a business permit. So think he's well and truly stumped.

Still get text messages, but am learning to handle that better. Didnt get the harrassement court order yet. The courts are fairly slow on that,so have decided not to go that route, so provided I stay strong I should be ok.

Thats about it really. He has been served the divorce papers, and has less than 2weeks to reply. Somehow dont think he will.

Hope the general quietness at present isnt the calm before the storm. Am ready with the wet weather gear though, just in case. :D

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Inverness_Krishna wrote: People using this public forum, please do refrain from religious greeting and praising religious words, for god sake don't preach others, by now Martha should have come to know what good and harm it will bring for converts who just blindly listen to all the rubbish of preachers.
I was surprised to see people using such greetings but that is all. Just surprised. I am not threatened nor worried by it. I have no problems with people saying "Inshallah(sp??), Assalamu Alaikum, Salaam" or any other greeting in any other language. It is quite common for people to say things like "God bless". Other people exclaim and say blasphemous things like: "Jesus!!" :lol:
So, what about words taken from other languages? "Veranda/verandah"(it is derived from the Hindi language) is not originally an English word. "Bungalow" is derived from the Hindi and Gujerati languages. Same for all the Latin and French words we use AS PART OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. There are also many German, Scandinavian, Spanish, Old English words we have incorporated into the English language. The English language is very far from any kind of "purity". I had to add that there are dozens of words with Arabic and Persian origins used in the English language too. I hardly think some greetings in a "foreign" language will be the end of the world. It's such narrow minded attitudes that actually justify islamism and fundamentalism imo ... perhaps to the minds of radicalists I meant.

The issue you speak of has NOTHING to do with people using age old Arabic greeting. :roll: The Hebrew language has a very similar greeting and it is: shalom aleichem. Like the Arabic greeting you find offensive, it means "peace be upon you". If THAT is an offensive greeting then real day to day British life could prove to be very very frustrating.

I think you should speak only for yourself. Your opinion of yourself is not pertinent, as in such a medium, it is the reader who decides what they make of you, from your writing.

You order people not to use any religious inferences, but yet you end off by saying God save British community. :roll: If you genuinely think that people will run off to join the nearest Islamist or Jihadist faction, just because they see an Arabic greeting, then I despair. :?
Last edited by macaroni on Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:46 pm

Here, Here... :D

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Very classy response by macaroni.

sb
Newly Registered

Post by sb » Fri May 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi everyone...

hope all is well..things have come to a stand still with my situation...nothing to report, which is a good thing...i think the initial fear of being stopped at port has frightened hubby...

Martha good to hear that you have started divorce proceedings yourself...hes not worth the hassle..the more stronger you are when dealing with this situation the more he will see sense that this "unfortunately" the end...keep going...

Johnboy any update on the hearing at all?

until next time....have a nice evening all

martha

Post by martha » Fri May 02, 2008 6:29 pm

Hi sb,
Good that all's quiet with your situation. Hope it continues well for you. Fingers crossed :)

Well, today was the last day for my husband to reply regarding the divorce papers served him 3 weeks ago.

He's kindly told me that he is contesting it, so that will mean he probably will apply to stay after his spouse visa expires in October.( I was previously advised by my solicitors that if he did that it would take between 6-9mths to come to court.)

He also told me that as his other marriage was not done by paperwork in Pak, and by 'voice only in the mosque', then he will lie to the judge in court and say I am his only wife. Silly man.

Any advice on what I can do ? I have the family tel.no.in Pak, so I could ask someone at court to call his home and ask for Mrs K..... Could that be an option to consider? Or, as I'm asking for a divorce on grounds of unreasonable behaviour, does it really matter anyway?

Any thoughts anyone? Thanks

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Fri May 02, 2008 6:58 pm

sb wrote:Hi everyone...

Johnboy any update on the hearing at all?

until next time....have a nice evening all
Hi all

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=23811

Check it out...any comments/thoughts/opinions as always are welcome,

:wink:

sb
Newly Registered

Post by sb » Sat May 03, 2008 9:24 am

Morning All..

Hope all is well...

Martha all marriages in Pakistan are registered regardless of whether they take place at home, in a mosque or a hotel...the Imam needs to register the Nikah at the local union office...under no circumstances is it not registered...its total rubbish that he is coming out with saying that it is done by voice only..yes the bit where you say i accept is verbal but im sure no2`s parents and family would want some official document to say they have given they daughter away...other wise he could easily turn around and say i dont accept that no2 is my wife...

the things these people do to secure their leave in this country!! :x

you could try to obtain the Nikah nama from the local union council in Pakistan...as to whether they release any information to you is a different matter...but it would be worth trying..

if not try to get your legal rep to write to the District Family Court, within the area that your hubby lives in, explaining the whole situation an maybe get them to obtain it for you..highlight your reasons for doing so...if you dont try, you will never know!

other than that i cannot shed any further light on this matter...

for what its worth Martha you have my entire sympathy

Johnboy thats brilliant news....finally it will be time to say "Hasta la vista, baby"...boy im sooooooo happy for you...

Justice has been done...

enjoy the day everyone...tc

martha

Post by martha » Sat May 03, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi sb,
thanks for explaining about his other marriage. Actually, yesterday I tried to email the local Union Council in Pak where he lives, but the email came back. So I could try to write to them. As to whether I will be successful is another matter. It's worth a try. As I dont speak urdu, I cant phone them myself. It 's frustrating. And a letter could take weeks, and I'm concerned that they might not tell me anyway. Interestingly enough, when I first asked the Embassy in Islamabad for help, some months back ,they also suggested I contact the Union Office for info. In fact for more than a year I kept getting conflicting answers from him. First I was his 2nd wife, then his 1st wife. So it's all a mystery. And so unfair. And I dont trust him. Not surprising really.

Yes, its amazing that he's prepared to go to such lengths. I need outside help with the info I need about his other marriage. If I asked my solicitor it will cost far too much, and it's an expense I cant actually afford.

Any more thoughts anyone? I really appreciate the replies.