ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN queries: CCJs, Referees, ILR date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

teleporter711
Newly Registered
Zambia

Form AN queries: CCJs, Referees, ILR date

Post by teleporter711 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello

I would be grateful if anyone would be able to help with the following questions:

I was granted ILR in 2003, however subsequently lost my passport which had my ILR stamp in it. Last year I successfully applied for my biometric card. However the date on the biometric card is the date of issue of the card, rather than the date of when I was originally granted ILR. When in the NCS appointment, I was told that my application would not be processed as I had not had ILR for sufficiently long enough.

Is this correct? I do not think so, as the time limits are not 12 months from getting a biometric card, but do I need to send documentation to illustrate this? Should I resend all the documentation that I sent the HO last year when I applied for the biometric card?

I did not submit the application as I was also missing a couple of other documents from HMRC.

CCJs - I do not think I have any CCJs although I do recall something in respect of a CC debt some years ago. I have searched myself online at Trust online at my current address where I have resided for the last 2.5 years. There were no records of CCJs. Should I check for all my other addresses over the last 10 years, just to be sure? How far back do the HO go? Furthermore I did have my licence revoked in 2012 for speeding, again do I need to declare this even if it was over 4 years ago? I haven't checked whether it remains on my DVLA record but will do.

Referees - my referees signed the 2017 form in Feb 2018. As I didn't submit at the previous NCS appointment, I postponed until May, can I still use the references or do I need them to sign again?

If they don't need to sign again, will there be any problems with the fact that the referees have signed the 2017 form pages whereas the rest of the application is now on 2018 form.

I would really appreciate it someone could help and apologies if these questions have already been answered. I did search for quite a long time before posting.

Thanks very much!

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Form AN queries: CCJs, Referees, ILR date

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:24 pm

teleporter711 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:16 pm
Hello

I would be grateful if anyone would be able to help with the following questions:

I was granted ILR in 2003, however subsequently lost my passport which had my ILR stamp in it. Last year I successfully applied for my biometric card. However the date on the biometric card is the date of issue of the card, rather than the date of when I was originally granted ILR. When in the NCS appointment, I was told that my application would not be processed as I had not had ILR for sufficiently long enough. This information is incorrect. The person should have contacted HO to obtain the date that your ILR was issued.

Is this correct? I do not think so, as the time limits are not 12 months from getting a biometric card, but do I need to send documentation to illustrate this? Should I resend all the documentation that I sent the HO last year when I applied for the biometric card?
You are correct. Time limit is counted from issue of residence status and not biometric card. HO will have the details of your original ILR on their data base.

I did not submit the application as I was also missing a couple of other documents from HMRC.
What info do you need from HMRC? If you are have passport covering the last 5 yrs, you would not need documentation from HMRC unless you are finding it difficult list ur work experience for the last 10yrs on your application form.

CCJs - I do not think I have any CCJs although I do recall something in respect of a CC debt some years ago. I have searched myself online at Trust online at my current address where I have resided for the last 2.5 years. There were no records of CCJs. Should I check for all my other addresses over the last 10 years, just to be sure? How far back do the HO go? Furthermore I did have my licence revoked in 2012 for speeding, again do I need to declare this even if it was over 4 years ago? I haven't checked whether it remains on my DVLA record but will do.
How cant you remember if you had CCJ? Declare your CCJ though it is not a ground for refusal unless an applicant builds up debts with no intention of paying back. Should be fine if you are show that you are paying or have paid back.

Referees - my referees signed the 2017 form in Feb 2018. As I didn't submit at the previous NCS appointment, I postponed until May, can I still use the references or do I need them to sign again?

If they don't need to sign again, will there be any problems with the fact that the referees have signed the 2017 form pages whereas the rest of the application is now on 2018 form. It should be fine. They will contact you if they have issues with your referee anyway

I would really appreciate it someone could help and apologies if these questions have already been answered. I did search for quite a long time before posting.

Thanks very much!

teleporter711
Newly Registered
Zambia

Re: Form AN queries: CCJs, Referees, ILR date

Post by teleporter711 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:27 am

Thanks very much Hstepper07 - really helpful! Much appreciated.