ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Car Accident -- Expecting 6 points -- Impact on Citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uzzy121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Car Accident -- Expecting 6 points -- Impact on Citizenship?

Post by uzzy121 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Hello,
I have recently been involved in a car accident, and at the time I was not insured therefore I will be expecting 6 points on my license and some fine separate to MIB claim :oops:

I really should've took out insurance just for that one day :(

I would like to know wether i will still be able to apply and be accepted for my citizenship?

I have lived in UK since 2005 and hold an ILR, also this is my first ever offence for which i am feeling truly remorse for my actions.

Please guide me?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Car Accident -- Expecting 6 points -- Impact on Citizenship?

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:49 am

A Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) is a form of out of court disposal which is a way of dealing with an offender or suspected offender and marking their behaviour without going to court.
According to the good character policy guide,
The decision maker will not consider these unless the person has:
a. failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
b. received numerous fixed penalty notices which would suggest a pattern of behaviour that calls into question their character.
Where a fixed penalty notice or fiscal fine has been referred to a court due to non-payment or the notice has been unsuccessfully challenged by the person in court, the decision maker will consider this as a conviction and assessed in line with the new
sentence imposed.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0-ext.pdf

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:19 am

Is the offence being dealt with through the Court :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hassan7861
United Kingdom

Post by Hassan7861 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:23 am

uzzy121 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:39 pm
Hello,
I have recently been involved in a car accident, and at the time I was not insured therefore I will be expecting 6 points on my license and some fine separate to MIB claim :oops:

I really should've took out insurance just for that one day :(

I would like to know wether i will still be able to apply and be accepted for my citizenship?

I have lived in UK since 2005 and hold an ILR, also this is my first ever offence for which i am feeling truly remorse for my actions.

Please guide me?
Driving without insurance is an offence as u will be fined by the court . My uncle was driving without i surance he received 6 points and his citizenship was refused due to this he had to wait 3 years for the points to be removed and to reapply.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:58 pm

Further to Hassan7861's advice, the fact that you were involved in an accident while driving without insurance will increase the severity of the offense.

I'm curious to know what you mean by "I really should've took out insurance just for that one day". Why 'that one day' :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

uzzy121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by uzzy121 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 pm

I have not received anything in the post regarding this matter as it has only happened 2 days ago, I'm not sure whether i will have to go to court or not? But if i do receive anything in the post, I will definitely plead guilty to it straight away with an apology letter as this was my first every offence whilst driving for past 6 years.

My uncle is the policy holder and he changed the insurance over to a different car which i was not aware of, so i carried on driving the car and only found out after the accident that the car wasn't insured.

I have always had insurance for the cars i have driven, and i really need to get the UK citizenship as this has become a requirement for my job to be able to travel to different countries to suppliers.

I am very ashamed of my action, I'm not sure what route i can go from here. whether its better to apply for it straight away before i receive the points and hope it goes through?
Please guide me.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 pm

uzzy121 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 pm
I have not received anything in the post regarding this matter as it has only happened 2 days ago, I'm not sure whether i will have to go to court or not? But if i do receive anything in the post, I will definitely plead guilty to it straight away with an apology letter as this was my first every offence whilst driving for past 6 years.

My uncle is the policy holder and he changed the insurance over to a different car which i was not aware of, so i carried on driving the car and only found out after the accident that the car wasn't insured.

I have always had insurance for the cars i have driven, and i really need to get the UK citizenship as this has become a requirement for my job to be able to travel to different countries to suppliers.

I am very ashamed of my action, I'm not sure what route i can go from here. whether its better to apply for it straight away before i receive the points and hope it goes through?
Please guide me.
Your BC application won't be decided until the outcome of the offense is available. You are required to declare the pending charge when you submit your application. Trying to rush it through won't achieve anything.
(Casa, not CR001)