ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got FLR in 6 days

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DeepThroat

Post by DeepThroat » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:11 am

Thanks for that Slor, Maybe your right. Will mail my FLR(IED) and bank statements + photos for extension today.

Cheers.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:12 am

zeke wrote:Friends,

I am delighted indeed for our friend Ajay Kumar Singh, but I am now confused.

Maybe I shouldn't be -- maybe I should be taking my own advice and go to the "Search" button of these boards---

--so, please indulge me--

I thought that the Further Leave to Remain which is granted after the first HSMP year is for 4 years (perhaps soon to be 5 years, according to what I understand from recent press releases about UK immigration reform).

Sooo-- how is it that our happy friend Ajay got FLR for 3, not 4 years??

Or am i just tooo too confused? :oops:

Thank you all --
There seems to be some confusion on these 'PROPOSAL'. Currenty it is 4 years for ILR not 5 and until the change the immigration rules to make it 5 years it will remain 4 years. those proposals MIGHT and MIGHT NOT take place so stop worrying

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:57 pm

baskey,
yes i did get back my documents in my self addressed special delivery envelope. Actually it was not my idea. It's was john who introduced me this method, thanx to him :)

gps,
where r u now ?
1) what reasons u gave for coming late to UK ? any proof for that ?
I said the reason was personal, no proof
2) How many salary slip u got till u filed for FLR ?
5 payslips
3) was Police registration not requied for main applicant ?
Police Registrations are not required for CW candidates, it's only needed for non-CW candidates.
4) Can we move money from India to UK bank to show more balance ? or
it has to be only UK's earning only.

Yes you can move money from desh to videsh but with a cast and not so simple procedure. Probably you need to do e-transfer or you need to wire it. But i move money easily from videsh to desh free of charge by just sending an e-mail. I showed all my bank balances excluding the Swiss ones ;)
5) Do companies give offerletter till the expiry of the EC only ?
No, companies don't bother about it if you say that your VISA is easly extendible.

Pl reply.
All replied :)

Ethan,
1. Salary? Currently my salary is not very high £15k. I am married and have got a 6 months son (next month) and Living in London. Is it enough for extending?
IMHO all they see is that you can survive on your own without using public fund. If you can show this then it's going to be easy.

2. We are from China and have to register to Police. My son was born here, does he need Police register?
I'm not so sur eabout ur son but you can enquire with Met Police, they are helpful guys.

3. It seems the processing time for both of you are short. However, it said it needs 12 or 13 weeks? I just worried about if fail, will they force us our in a limited days.
No they won't force you, but they will politely request you to leave ;) Kidding
I think they give some time, 28 days?? or so, but i'm not sure.
Don't worry about refusal be optimistic..

4. No contract for my current job? Does anyone have sample of appointment with terms and conditions?
I don't have that but if u google it you may find some templates. or you can prepare by urself.

5. Do you think I need to seek lawyer for help!
Don't do that we will loose our jobs ;) kididng..
It's upon you, I wouldn't do that.

Currently, we share flat with the other couple. Because my wife sign the contract, my friends pay to us and finally we pay to the landlord. Therefore, how we explain this situation.
>> Explain in the same way as you wrote here.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Congratulation

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:13 am

ethan wrote:Congratulation on the extension of your FLR so quick. My first year HSMP will expire in the middles of June. I am planning to appy for FLR in the middle of next month. However, I have some questions here. If possible, I would be grateful if you could help me.

1. Salary? Currently my salary is not very high £15k. I am married and have got a 6 months son (next month) and Living in London. Is it enough for extending?
2. We are from China and have to register to Police. My son was born here, does he need Police register?
3. It seems the processing time for both of you are short. However, it said it needs 12 or 13 weeks? I just worried about if fail, will they force us our in a limited days.
4. No contract for my current job? Does anyone have sample of appointment with terms and conditions?
5. Do you think I need to seek lawyer for help!

Thanks a lot!

ethan :oops:
As long as you are earning an income and not having to claim benefit that is all you need to prove. Dont worry about whether it is not as high as some of the figures you see quoted on this forum. You need you payslips and possibly your P60 (if you have got it even if it doesnt cover the whole period) and your bank statements showing that money is going into your account, it would help if you highlight the amounts corresponding to your payslips.
You dont need a lawyer, you can get a friend to help you fill in the forms if you worried bout english, and the fact that you are paying tax and national insurance will really make it easy for them to verify that your salary slips are not fake.

gps

Post by gps » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:35 pm

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for ur reply. I am always interested to read ur postings.

I had some personal problems so I could not come till now.
But I am coming to UK on 10th April. I will have only 2-3 months before I can apply for FLR. I think I will be the only person coming to UK so late ? But I am taking that risk. Lets see what happen. Do u know if any one got rejected for FLR till now ? and the reason ?
I am planning to apply for WP incase my FLR gets rejected. I talk to one company for that and they are ready to file my WP incase I could not get FLR.

Now pl tell me -

1) Which bank account u opened in India so u can transfer money from India to UK ? it is just one email and money gets transfer ? Pl let me know the back name and type of a/c. I will open it before coming there.

regards,

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:56 pm

Welcome and bring warm err Hot clothes it's snowing here. And it's snowing in London also. If you are heading North then prepare for worse. I'm not sure how its gonna be in April... But i'm enjoying it ;) excpet that Electricity bills are soaring..
Guess what first time in my life I walked on snow :) and guess what someone noticed me actually i was walking carefully not to skid, i have heard the stories of desis breaking their bones while walking on snow ;) ..
Any way..
Open saving account in ICICI bank in India, and once you are in UK, and have job offer(not neccessary) go to ICICI UK and open current account there, they give saving account free of cost with that. No minimum monthly deposit or other kindda zhanzhat. Apart from ususal stupidity everything is fine with ICICI. Can tx money to India free of cost.

Since your employer is ready to provide WP then you should not worry. Even i have seen people getting FLR after being here for 1 month.

And yes don't forget to bring your Indian address proof, bring Credit Card, Saving account statements, loan stataments etc. of at least 1 year. If you have any loan account bring that too. Open account with HSBC in india also if possible. Carry atleast 5-6 Credit Cards you get it easily in India, and free for few years. Cancel them once you have settled in UK.

Let me know if you need any further info.

cheers
Ajay

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:04 pm

Forgot to ask bring some samosas from Anand missing it :D
Or gulabjamuns or atleast Haldiram's Khatta Mitha...
Missing them terribly.. don't know when going to have them again ..

gps

Post by gps » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:07 pm

Thanks a lot Ajay. Your posting gives lot of solid informations.

1) My wife has a/c in ICICI bank in India. I will add my name there.
2) I will Open a/c in HSBC India.
4) From where you have bought Airtickets in Bangalore ? any agent or directly airlines ?
3) I am coming to UK on 10th April. I need 2 things immediately (May be stupid questions...)
a) For my Laptop - I need one wireless card for internet and one internet CD ? From where I can get these things in Hounslow East ? I will be staying there.
b) For my cellphone I need new SIM card ? from where can I get it. will it be activated immediately ?

c) I need to buy weekly tube ticket for few zones. I will stay in Zone 4 so Which one is ideal ? which one u bought ?

I will surely get some sweets for u. Pl let me know which one u like most.

Thanks,

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:26 pm

1) From where you have bought Airtickets in Bangalore ? any agent or directly airlines ?
You can't buy tickets directly, either they don't sell directly or they charge more for that service (as per 2004 info, i'm not aware if this has changed in india). So you will endup in buying from an agent. Catch any agent and they would do it. Do it earliest as possible.. summer is coming and so the tourist getting ready to swarm London..
3) I am coming to UK on 10th April. I need 2 things immediately (May be stupid questions...)
a) For my Laptop - I need one wireless card for internet and one internet CD ? From where I can get these things in Hounslow East ? I will be staying there.
I don't see anyone accessing wifi.. it's still elude even the most developed countries. They are available only at selected place known as Hot Spots.. Like in xyzBucks coffee etc.. So bette you rely on plain old Internet provided on BT wires.. And also accessing net thru Wifi would be too costly. Even i was dreaming of it before coming to London but had to giveup this dream with other dreams ..
So probably you will be visiting internet cafes (sic) in begining till u get ur own BT connection.
b) For my cellphone I need new SIM card ? from where can I get it. will it be activated immediately ?
yeh! I would recommend Virgin prepaid SIM cards, It is called SIM card only. You can get it from any shop (if available). Just ask that you want Virgin SIM card. And once you have SIM card you need to TopUp it (We call it Recharging). The SIM card doesn't carry any caling time in it (Or it does some caling time i forgot??). So toup it with 10/20 quid ( nickname for pound), and you will be on air. Don't try to enquire too much about the mobile phone and services here with anyone, either they don't know or they will stare at you thinking that you are alien... and also here it works all in different way..
c) I need to buy weekly tube ticket for few zones. I will stay in Zone 4 so Which one is ideal ? which one u bought ?
Prepaid Oyster Cards are the best buy now. It's a plastic card which you touchin and touchout in tubes and everyone uses it, except tourists who more or less rely on day travel cards. You can get it from any tube station, just fillup form and they will issue u immidiately. then you need to topup it as usual. I use it.

I will surely get some sweets for u. Pl let me know which one u like most.
r u serious ? ;)
I wish you can bring whole Anand here and setup in Hounslow..
Better don't carry any such sweets who knows what the Customs will do .
either they will eatup all by themselves or they will throw it saying that they are now allowed hehe. British are great fond of Samosa specially,..

Better yahoo mail me on my yahoo ID otherwise we will end up in flooding this board with useless stuff ;) Hope u remember my yahoo id.