ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Tier 2 Gen) Employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boggi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR (Tier 2 Gen) Employer letter

Post by boggi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi, I am now eligible for ILR and never thought employer letter would be an issue. Now that I asked the HR to provide letter, they replied saying the company wont issue letters for ILR purpose. This is a IT MNC joined 1 year ago. I am confused now on what to do. Any advice would be really helpful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR (Tier 2 Gen) Employer letter

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:19 pm

Your previous posts suggest you have been in the UK since 2008. Why not apply for ILR based on long residence if you meet the requirements?

Difficult to offer advice as your last posts in 2009 were about Tier 1 General so not sure of the history in the last 8 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

boggi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by boggi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Thanks for your response.

I was in Tier 1 general in 2008 for brief few months and went back home for good at end of 2008.

Re entered UK on tier 2 general visa in 2013 and now completed 5 years under T2 General getting eligible for PR. Employer letter is the mandatory document. Its now at a situation of under consideration by employer but want to know what to do in case if they dont issue the letter.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:35 pm

boggi wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:18 pm
Thanks for your response.

I was in Tier 1 general in 2008 for brief few months and went back home for good at end of 2008.

Re entered UK on tier 2 general visa in 2013 and now completed 5 years under T2 General getting eligible for PR. Employer letter is the mandatory document. Its now at a situation of under consideration by employer but want to know what to do in case if they dont issue the letter.
You can ask your line manager to issue you the letter.

i am working in the university and the HR also refused to issue me the letter about the annual leave because they said that they don't have any record about the purpose of my leave (and also when I took the leave).

So I asked my line manager to issue me the letter and all fine.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.