ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to EEA Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

napov
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 General to EEA Residence Card

Post by napov » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:03 am

Hi,

I'm a NON-EU national on a tier 2 general visa(valid for another two years) and I'm married to an EU national who's living and working in the UK as well. I just submitted my application for a EEA Residence card. I've got a few questions about the process and I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me answers from their own experiences

1.I already submitted my biometrics during my Tier 2 application and I've also sent my BRP as part of my EEA Residence Card application. Will I need to submit biometrics again? If yes, how long does it take to submit biometrics from the time you mail your application?

2. Whats the earliest I can receive the CoA after mailing the application?

3.How do I go about requesting the Home Office to return my original travel documents? When's the earliest I can request them?

Cheers

doctor1989
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 General to EEA Residence Card

Post by doctor1989 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Yes you still need to submit your biometrics.

Not sure why. there is a thread with a timeline for this you can find my post in there.

For me I submitted the application around the 22nd of Feb and I had my CoA letter and passport and BRP back with me by the 13th of March. It seemed to be a bit quick compared to other people's experience though so I wouldn't make any plans. Especially as the summer seems to be busier time for the home office.

doctor1989
United Kingdom

Post by doctor1989 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:08 pm

napov
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by napov » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:34 am

Wow! That is fast! good for you. Thanks so much for sharing the timelines thread.
doctor1989 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Not sure why. there is a thread with a timeline for this you can find my post in there.

For me I submitted the application around the 22nd of Feb and I had my CoA letter and passport and BRP back with me by the 13th of March. It seemed to be a bit quick compared to other people's experience though so I wouldn't make any plans. Especially as the summer seems to be busier time for the home office.

napov
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by napov » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:41 am

Apologies. Not able to find an answer to this question. But do they send an acknowledgement email when they receive the application or do you assume its been received based on the royal mail tracking status?

Also, could you please share the link to the online form for requesting back the original documents after submitting biometrics?
doctor1989 wrote:

doctor1989
United Kingdom

Post by doctor1989 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Just to clarify I am still waiting for an official reply regarding the RC application and whether it's been accepted. But at least I have my passport.

Here is the website.

https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

napov
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by napov » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Ah ok. But isnt the COA with right to work essentially a 'Yes' to your RC application?
doctor1989 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:34 pm
Just to clarify I am still waiting for an official reply regarding the RC application and whether it's been accepted. But at least I have my passport.

Here is the website.

https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

doctor1989
United Kingdom

Post by doctor1989 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Not necessarily ... The letter that accompanied it specifically says that whoever employs me needs to check with the home office within 6 months (max) on the final decision of the RC.

doctor1989
United Kingdom

Post by doctor1989 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:11 pm

napov wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:41 am
Apologies. Not able to find an answer to this question. But do they send an acknowledgement email when they receive the application or do you assume its been received based on the royal mail tracking status?

Also, could you please share the link to the online form for requesting back the original documents after submitting biometrics?
doctor1989 wrote:

... Also I just saw this question.

My tracking confirmed delivery of the application on the Friday (next day). I got an email acknowledgement with a home office ID number on the Tuesday.

napov
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by napov » Mon May 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi,

Hope you're well. I just received my CoA(with right to work) and I was thinking of requesting my documents back. Before submitting my request, one of the points in the declaration caught my eye as it says 'if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK'.

Does that mean i cant travel outside the UK and re-enter with my Tier 2 BRP?

Cheers

napov
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by napov » Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 pm

doctor1989 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:11 pm
napov wrote:

doctor1989 wrote:

My tracking confirmed delivery of the application on the Friday (next day). I got an email acknowledgement with a home office ID number on the Tuesday.

Hi,

Hope you're well. I just received my CoA(with right to work) and I was thinking of requesting my documents back. Before submitting my request, one of the points in the declaration caught my eye as it says 'if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK'.

Cheers

doctor1989
United Kingdom

Post by doctor1989 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:03 pm

napov wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 pm
doctor1989 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:11 pm
napov wrote:

doctor1989 wrote:

Hi,

Cheers
I don't really know,

I was definitely allowed re-entry though. So I a not sure.