ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

put me out of my misery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mimichaib
Newly Registered

put me out of my misery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mimichaib » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:55 pm

urgent!!!!!!!!!!
i have applied for indefinite leave to remain in august 2004,3 weeks ago,i received a letter from the home office,saying:we have been asked to consider granting you indefinite leave to remain.please send 4 photographs certified as a true likeness,plus to check if my name,origin country and adress were correct.please don't know if this is positif or not.please,please,please let me know,if u think this is negatif or not.
many many many thanks

drsquirrel

Post by drsquirrel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Last edited by drsquirrel on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 4444 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:43 pm

did you claim asylum before. what was the basis of the indefinate stay you applied for in 2004.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:15 pm

If you are a good looking person, then its positive that they want to see your photos.

If not - then...........

liane1
Newly Registered

Post by liane1 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:59 am

@gollywood,

hollywood or bollywood !!!!!!!!!i see now you are not a film critic but representing a modeling agency!!!

i am sorry but all your comments to people here you even sarcastic or rude , i don t understand what is your goal to register with this forum
i hope the moderators and admin notice that :wink:

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 am

liane1 wrote:@gollywood,

hollywood or bollywood !!!!!!!!!i see now you are not a film critic but representing a modeling agency!!!

i am sorry but all your comments to people here you even sarcastic or rude , i don t understand what is your goal to register with this forum
i hope the moderators and admin notice that :wink:
You clearly have had a 'humour-by pass'. Stop stalking my every post!

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Well said Gollywood!
So many people are up themselves on this forum and no one likes different comment other than own and they say they are open minded!

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:33 pm

gollywood wrote:If you are a good looking person, then its positive that they want to see your photos.

If not - then...........
I thought this was funny and it livened up my afternoon !

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:56 pm

goldfish wrote:
gollywood wrote:If you are a good looking person, then its positive that they want to see your photos.

If not - then...........
I thought this was funny and it livened up my afternoon !
Siggi wrote:Well said Gollywood!
So many people are up themselves on this forum and no one likes different comment other than own and they say they are open minded!
Thanks - it was always my intention.

Too many doom & gloom cases here (including my own) - no harm in sprinkiling some humour into it!

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:34 am

true, I have self-diagnosed myself "clinically depressed" after a thorough research (on google :d). Anything funny is welcome. Should have a separate forum category for something like this.

mimichaib
Newly Registered

Post by mimichaib » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:46 pm

why not !you should open a new category,but this one is for infos and advice,as far as i a m concerned i a not amused,and find the situation even more stressfull after comments like that.

martha

Post by martha » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:40 pm

Appreciate you came asking for help. Did you get the right advice after your question?
As the HO are asking for 4 photos, I would say this is a good indication. They will afterall need the photos for the necessary paperwork, and also for their own records.
Thought others had given you a positive response :? And sometimes a bit of lighthearted banter can also at times be positive. We all have our worries, as such, and I'm sure no offence was intended in this instance.
Anyway, hope you have sent off your photos now.
All the best :)

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:54 pm

mimichaib wrote:why not !you should open a new category,but this one is for infos and advice,as far as i a m concerned i a not amused,and find the situation even more stressfull after comments like that.
Oh well.....you must be easily stressed!!!

Unless you have something to hide, you should be relieved that they've asked for 4 photographs.

Seems like POSITIVE progress.

mimichaib
Newly Registered

Post by mimichaib » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:52 pm

It is true ,i am so stressed,as there is too much at stake.i have 3 young children to provide for,and my work keep on asking me when they will see my passport...
it is the first letter i received in 4 long years,and because i already gave them 2 photos,when i applied.i was wondering why,they are asking for more.
i sent those photos 3 weeks ago,and i can't stop thinking about it.
do you know anybody who eceived the same type of letters?

martha

Post by martha » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:32 am

I would think the reason you have been asked to submit more photos is purely because people's looks can change in 4 years. Try not to worry too much about this. :)
I dont understand why your work need to see your passport though. Why have they asked for it? If you have a NI number and some other proof of who you are, maybe driving licence, then they shouldnt need to ask to see your passport.
Let us know your employers reasons, so we can understand it better.
Hope your kids are fine :)
take care.

mimichaib
Newly Registered

Post by mimichaib » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:13 pm

i started my new job,last semptember,i the only proof i gave them was a letter from the ho saying that they received my application,and that i was allowed to work in the meantime.i do not have a any other id.they understandably need to check the id of their employees.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:35 pm

mimichaib wrote:i started my new job,last semptember,i the only proof i gave them was a letter from the ho saying that they received my application,and that i was allowed to work in the meantime.i do not have a any other id.they understandably need to check the id of their employees.
they check not just ID but also proof to work, which is why they would be asking to see the visa. they might not understand the s l o w speed that BIA/HO progress at...