ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Curtailment, New Sponsoring Employer and timeline

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rnguyen
Newly Registered
Australia

Tier 2 Curtailment, New Sponsoring Employer and timeline

Post by rnguyen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi, all!

I have been a long time reader however am new to posting a new topic as I think my situation is slightly different. Please be patient if it is repeated and let me know where to move to!

I recently left my employer, final day and notification to the UKVI office on ceasing my Tier 2 General (Restricted) visa was 19/03/18. Since then I have secured a job offer with sponsorship where they will be applying for a RCoS for my Tier 2 General (Restricted) application. During this period, I have ensured that my address is correct and have not yet received a letter of curtailment however am mindful of it.

My questions which I would like clarity are:

1. Can an employer after satisfying the RLMT apply for the RCoS at any time? Does it have to be during the 5th WD and 11th WD of each month as like a new Tier 2 application? The application close date for my new job ends on May 11th. I would be on 70 points based on my previous application.

2. What is the process for someone who's previously had a Tier 2 (General) Restricted visa to apply in the UK? Is there a timeframe in which I have to apply in order to do it in the UK? I am based in London and was looking to make a new application online, apply as I am allocated my RCoS number and pursue the visa premium process service for a same day turnaround.

3. With the above, I am mindful that it may be the June visa allocations and therefore will be a tight timeline, and given that if I receive the letter of curtailment and have 60 days from dated letter.

4. Secondary to everything, how quickly can I secure an appointment to submit my application? And do they backdate your BRP to when they approve your visa?

I have tried to ring the UKVI and Home Office to enquire however they were quite across this.

Thank you all for reading and time. I am so so so anxious as this is the first time I've been in between jobs and had time off without the ability to go abroad to get mind of things!

Thanks in advance,
Rick

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Curtailment, New Sponsoring Employer and timeline

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:59 pm

You cannot apply within the UK with an RCoS. Restricted CoS is for applications outside the UK. You need an Unrestricted CoS for employer switch in the UK as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rnguyen
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Tier 2 Curtailment, New Sponsoring Employer and timeline

Post by rnguyen » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Giving back to a forum that I usually read from...this will cover my process from switching from RCOS Tier 2 (General) visa to new employer with same visa and with in-country processing.

1. In my situation, RCOS can be requested by employer at any time and does not fall within the 5th and 11th WD tier 2 application schedules for new out-of country.

2. Application process timeline:
Final date with last employer: 19/03/18
Received curtailment letter: 24/05/18
Curtailment leave date: 31/07/18
New RCOS issued by new employer: 25/05/18
Fresh Tier 2 in-country (general) application submitted: 29/05/18
First available same-day decision (premium service): 11/06/18 (in Glasgow).

3. My curtailment letter took 9 weeks to arrive from notification and final day with employer.
4. In my experience, first available premium service appointments in London from date of submission were 4-5 weeks.

Same day decision (premium service) process:
8.30AM appointment (I was third applicant seen this morning)
9.30AM biometrics taken
10.30AM decision given

Cheers!